• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Horseshoe_Don

Horse shoe is frozen over

Horseshoe_Don

Thought that was you honking

Horseshoe_Don

Just tried to plow my private road onto the lake and found a lot of water on the ice due to the 12" of snow on the ice.    Was only on the edge though.  Probably dry further in.

Don

• Like 1

Horseshoe_Don

Was out yesterday and the snow pack was only 1-3",    Ice was in great shape.   Was very easy to get round.   

24 days to fishing opener.    More inches of ice than day left til opener.

Don

• Like 1

mrpike1973

Do you think there will be flooding at all I hope not for the sake of all. I may be optimistic but maybe Sunday if I can get on the river in Cold Spring with the boat looked like 20 feet of ice out from the access. Sure is a funny year. Thanks for the updated Don.

• Like 1

Horseshoe_Don

Does not look like anything will flood at this point.   Not enough moisture out there, at least in the sauk watershed.

Don

mrpike1973

That's good to hear.

Rocky

I was also out on horseshoe and cedar island. Lots of ice to melt yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bigfatbert
      Just make sure there are not any tiny , tiny little bloodsuckers attached to the fins , as they so often are up on these front fins ..  I don't mean to spoil ur appetite... like the cheeks ,these wings need to come from a larger walleye in order to get much out it ..
    • TomWehler
      Scaled n skin on after gut n de-head. Wash n batter n sizzle. Fork at Dorsel n whole fillet falls onto plate or butter bun or hounds mouth. : ). Mmmmm sooo good.      I dream melt ice at Nine inches per week starting today -  Pike bay be open day before opener clear out to Marauderville. Then Bonnie n I n Polar Bear do opener on Docks as per our tradition. Dreams are fun.   Then everyone wants to can enjoy the fever reducer that is our sweet Vermilion. Big Smiles. Maybe weekend after opener?  All good but just miss our lil chunk of paradise x million. An lake friends n nuts.  Think warm thinks!  Thanks for letting me post some n butt in on threads a bit. Still two feet of snow here n same ice an nothing to do outside easy.  Peace...     T
    • DUCKHTR
      Thanks guys for the information.  I will stop in at Fred's sometime this summer and say hello.
    • TomWehler
      Hi. Figured everyone did that. Hmmmm?  Life long pal Rene Franckuz Way Up end of road Red Lake Ontario showed me that lil yummy rid bit long time ago when we was both still young, he had hair n both loved BEER N BRANDY with anything 24/7. Called them Yanks! Nice videos to share. Try it you will like it. Mmmmm hungry!! Keep on Rocken!  T
    • rumeye
      Better known as North Dakota shrimp.  
    • leech~~
      well I never?  Here's another. May have to give that a try.    
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Wakemup, I also like them scaled and the skin crispy but hate all of those scales every where so I fillet them with no skin. Cliff I have not heard any news about the City Auto Glass. Pike Bay will be open to fishing. Ice being off of it will be close! Cliff
    • Rick
      Two additional open-house meetings are scheduled in the Twin Cities metro area to help people understand and ask questions about Minnesota’s draft statewide deer management plan. “We heard from some who wanted open-house meetings closer to home in the metro area, so we added two to the other ones in the lineup,” said Leslie McInenly, acting wildlife populations and programs manager with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Here is the schedule for the metro area meetings: St. Paul, Monday, April 23, DNR Headquarters, 500 Lafayette Road. Richfield, Monday, April 30, Wood Lake Nature Center, 6710 Lake Shore Drive. These meetings are in addition to 35 others in which Wildlife staff will provide handouts explaining the deer plan and process, and will talk with attendees individually and in small groups. The DNR is taking online public comments on the new plan now through Wednesday, May 9, at mndnr.gov/deerplan. There will be paper copies of the questionnaire available at the open houses for those who are not able to complete it online. All meetings are scheduled from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and people can arrive anytime during the two-hour time frame. There will be no formal presentation at the meetings. Minnesota’s new deer plan sets a new statewide harvest target, increases citizen participation in deer management, and outlines ways to keep the population and habitat healthy. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • snagger
      Has anyone heard what they'll do about the City Auto Glass walleye tourney if the ice isn't off by May 19? Even if the ice is off....will they close Pike Bay?
    • Rick
      To help protect Minnesota waters, the Department of Natural Resources is reminding people to properly dispose of prohibited or unwanted aquarium plants and animals. “It’s important for hobbyists, teachers, parents and children to know that they should never release aquarium animals or plants into the wild,” said Heidi Wolf, DNR invasive species unit supervisor. “Some of the pets and plants that live in aquariums are prohibited species that can cause serious harm if released into lakes, rivers or ponds.” The DNR recommends teachers check the prohibited invasive species list before choosing classroom aquarium animals. “We also encourage teachers to discuss invasive species with their students,” Wolf said. People with aquarium animals or plants that are prohibited or that they no longer want can dispose of them at two upcoming surrender events sponsored by Minnesota Sea Grant: Habitattitude Surrender and University of Minnesota Duluth PAWS Event Wednesday, April 25, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Kirby Student Lounge, University of Minnesota Duluth, 1120 Kirby Drive, Duluth. Fish, aquatic plants, invertebrates, amphibians and reptiles accepted. www.seagrant.umn.edu/news/2018/04/25 Minnesota Aquarium Society Spring Auction and Surrender Saturday, April 28, 11 a.m. Lutheran Church of the Redemption (gymnasium) 927 East Old Shakopee Road, Bloomington. Fish, aquatic plants and invertebrates accepted. www.aquarium.mn/announcements/events/auction/spring-auction-2018 Some retailers sell plants and animals that are prohibited in Minnesota. One example frequently found in classrooms, the red swamp crayfish, is causing major environmental and economic harm as nearby as Wisconsin. More information about prohibited and regulated species and what to do with them is available at mndnr.gov/invasives/laws. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.