• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another Sioux Narrows low resort closes...Need some help!

To give you a bit of a background, my family has had a Father-Son fishing trip over fathers day weekend for over 40 years. I started going in 1993 when I was 9 and we stayed for over 20 some years at White Birch Lodge. Unfortunately they closed and are still closed. (wish I knew why and what will happen) We moved over to Red Indian 2 years ago and we were informed this week, they are closing. 

Here is where I need help. We have a group of 25-40 (depending on the year) that brings our own boats and do all our own cooking. We need a place that can hold a group that size, while allowing us to cook and guide ourselves. Does anyone have any recommendations? We've asked Tomahawk in the past, but they haven't had space during our weekend. Any help would be great!

We would like to stay in Canada if possible. I know we might have to look on the US side, but we've liked crossing the border.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge is pretty accommodating.

Grassy Narrows Lodge is one of the nicer lodges in my opinion on the Canadian Southern portion. We made a point of stopping at a bunch of locations last year and this is good sized and really nice. At this point it would be my preferred Lodge on that portion of the lake.

Both of these are boat into and on an island.

Ryan

Edited by Hines R