• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Dock Boy

Voyageur Park Lodge on Lake Kabetogama recently purchased brand new Ice Trek brand fish houses to rent on Lake Kabetogama.  The houses themselves are all aluminum with spray foam insulation, clean, warm and comfortable!  If your looking for something different from the usual LOW, Red experience check us out.  These are day use houses only and we will offer lodging at Voyageur Park Lodge.  We will only have one lodging unit open in the winter, so fishing parties will be the only guests at the resort, so lots of privacy and no other parties around.  Fish houses will be private out on the ice also! 

We are excited to be the only angling houses on Lake Kabetogama!  If your looking for  something different let us know!

Voyageur Park Lodge (Reef Runner Ice houses)

Satchmo

Sweet! I may have to look you up if I get up to my RV this winter.

Knowknot

Will you have roads plowed to the houses or are sleds needed?  Also which cabin do you have winterized?

Dock Boy

We do not plow roads here as we have a tracked machine to transport guests.   Roads breed people and we prefer our houses to be remote and not around any other houses.  For the most up to date info you can check out our facebook page.  We have a link directly from our website.  

www.voyageurparklodge.com

Tight lines!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jake Zeleznikar
      By Jake Zeleznikar
      I'm looking into insurance options for an Ice House and wondering what advice or recommendations anyone has on the best type of coverage. Also, if I want to be able to rent out my ice house when I'm not using it but not as an "outfitter" or "guide" would that be something that typical coverage wouldn't cover if a profit is being made since I wouldn't have the coverage that a company running as an outfitter would have? (Such as how normal car insurance doesn't cover an Uber driver when they are logged into the app and giving someone a ride because they are consequently on the road more often and making a profit.) Any and all information or recommendations would be extremely helpful!
    • Fully Kraeusened
      By Fully Kraeusened
      Wondering if any of you ever fish the inland lakes throughout Voyageurs and if so which ones? I have fished the Locator chain, Ek and Net lakes. My favorite of those three is definitely Locator. Seems to have a lot of northern and I also caught a good sized largemouth. Had a rough day on Ek. Was fishing with light tackle because I’ve been told it’s a good crappie lake and was broken off once otherwise nothing. One small pike on Net. This is a picture of the bass from Locator. 

• Fully Kraeusened
      By Fully Kraeusened
      Hey guys. I’m new to this site. I’ll be visiting the park early June. While I have made several trips up there I’ll be bringing a friend who never has. He is a very experienced angler, but has yet to catch a walleye. A lot of his experience comes from using down riggers on Lake Michigan. He was asking about using them on a vacation this year and I had no answer for him. I can’t recall ever seeing anyone using that method in Voyageurs. Does anyone have a thought on this? I’d appreciate any advice. Want my buddy to have a great trip! 
      Tight lines!
      Fully Kraeusened
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A few friends and I decided to try our hand at something we've never done before - targeting Channel Catfish through the ice. This definitely proved to be a bit of a challenge and took me out of my comfort zone. After getting a few bites and fish up the hole we started to figure out a method that worked for us. I don't feel like it's the most productive way to catch these fish but it worked out for us that day. At the end of the day everyone in our group caught quite a few fish, had their rods doubled over and left with smiles on our faces. These fish put up a heck of a fight on Walleye gear! I will definitely try to get back up there this season.

• LaMarr Uhuru
      By LaMarr Uhuru
      So I'm fishing white bear lake tomorrow in 7deagree weather.
        I'l be there around 520am  
      LOOKING FOR WALLEYES CRAPPIES N PEARCH TO KEEP. WHERE IS AH GOOD SPOT TO START FISHING.   can anyone lead me somewhere goodg
    • Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Anyone know of a good ice fishing lake near vermilion? Perhaps something with a hot panfish bite.
    • UncleKes
      By UncleKes
      I used to fish a small lake just north of Malmo on Milla Lacs at a town called Glen.  The Lake was called Clear Lake.  I have not fished it in quite some time and wondered if anyone has any information on it.  (Ice conditions, whats biting, etc.)
      I moved to St. Cloud a few years ago but thought it might be nice to ice fish the lake this winter.  I used to catch some nice stringers of perch, crappies, and sunfish.  
      Can anyone tell me if they are still selling bait at the Gas Station/RestaurantStore at Malmo?
      Any info would be appreciated.
      Uncle Kes
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter!

• Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter

• Rick
      By Rick
      Minnesota Ice Fishing Reports by Area - Share you ice fishing stories here...Click it to set the hook!!!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ANYFISH2
      Nice work Borch! Or maybe I should say Mrs. Borch?   Looks like I missed out.
    • papadarv
      Keys to make the blade work well. *Sharp! *Cutting edge needs to line up to the Gullet of the opposite blade! *Add a .020 shim 1/8" wide between blade screw and cutting edge. Increases cut angle to same as K-Drill! I'm working on another set welding  1/4" piece of blade to the outside blade edge extending the blade 1/2" past auger flight making it a full 8" hole. Note how the K-drill blade extends 1/2" past the auger flights.  
    • leech~~
      I like your blade work as well. Two summers ago when I sold my hand auger at my garage I think I throw out about 4 sets of those old blades as well!  😣
    • papadarv
      Made the drill point out of a spade drill bit welded to a 3/8” 16 bolt/screw than cut & ground to shape the point. Drilled & tapped center of blade bracket. Tap slowly as that steel seem a grade or two above basic mild steel.
    • bluewater2
      Thank you  
    • leech~~
      That is some sweet work right there. I see these at garage sales all summer, may be I should start picking them up?  Looks like you added a drill point on the end of them as well. The adapters and the end point are key items on making these right.
    • papadarv
      I went a different route, got several vintage Mora 7 1/2" hand augers $10 to $15 each with the old hardened sweedish steel blades modified to replicate K-drill style blades #5. Went with clam plate 3/4" drive bit & M18 Fuel Mud Mixer worked ok on early ice #1. Wanted to try my DeWalt/Jiffy so converted to the 7/8" drive bit, didn't have the power to cut the agressive blade #2. Later ice in Wheelhouse, went with my Eskimo 43cc with a Walker 25' flex exhaust out the door, cut 32" ice in 27 seconds #3. Ran 4 1/2 holes to 1 of my buddies new green ION 8in. Made some adapters to put the 7/8" auger bits on my Clam Plate and Mud Mixer#4 for early ice this comming season.
    • Wanderer
    • ANYFISH2
      OUCH!!! 6 players down to injury in one game.  We were thin at O-line depth before, now we have "1st" line players having to play nearly an entire preseason game, because we dont have enough bodies!  This is going to be major issue going forward.   Overall, not a good showing offensively. Jacksonville is a very good defensive team, but we definitely need to be better.   Defense, look pretty good!  We need to complete turnover chances, at a better rate.     3rd RB race is going to be fun to watch.   Special teams, are kinda leaving me wondering.  Punt coverage is quite shaky.  Carlson is looking more like our guy, after Forbath missed a 41 yd fg.
    • Borch
      That's ok.  Was a good day on the water.  Took my wife out this afternoon and had a nice day fishing.