• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Dock Boy

Voyageur Park Lodge on Lake Kabetogama recently purchased brand new Ice Trek brand fish houses to rent on Lake Kabetogama.  The houses themselves are all aluminum with spray foam insulation, clean, warm and comfortable!  If your looking for something different from the usual LOW, Red experience check us out.  These are day use houses only and we will offer lodging at Voyageur Park Lodge.  We will only have one lodging unit open in the winter, so fishing parties will be the only guests at the resort, so lots of privacy and no other parties around.  Fish houses will be private out on the ice also! 

We are excited to be the only angling houses on Lake Kabetogama!  If your looking for  something different let us know!

Voyageur Park Lodge (Reef Runner Ice houses)

Satchmo

Sweet! I may have to look you up if I get up to my RV this winter.

Knowknot

Will you have roads plowed to the houses or are sleds needed?  Also which cabin do you have winterized?

Dock Boy

We do not plow roads here as we have a tracked machine to transport guests.   Roads breed people and we prefer our houses to be remote and not around any other houses.  For the most up to date info you can check out our facebook page.  We have a link directly from our website.  

www.voyageurparklodge.com

Tight lines!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Similar Content

• Jake Zeleznikar
      By Jake Zeleznikar
      I'm looking into insurance options for an Ice House and wondering what advice or recommendations anyone has on the best type of coverage. Also, if I want to be able to rent out my ice house when I'm not using it but not as an "outfitter" or "guide" would that be something that typical coverage wouldn't cover if a profit is being made since I wouldn't have the coverage that a company running as an outfitter would have? (Such as how normal car insurance doesn't cover an Uber driver when they are logged into the app and giving someone a ride because they are consequently on the road more often and making a profit.) Any and all information or recommendations would be extremely helpful!
    • Fully Kraeusened
      By Fully Kraeusened
      Wondering if any of you ever fish the inland lakes throughout Voyageurs and if so which ones? I have fished the Locator chain, Ek and Net lakes. My favorite of those three is definitely Locator. Seems to have a lot of northern and I also caught a good sized largemouth. Had a rough day on Ek. Was fishing with light tackle because I’ve been told it’s a good crappie lake and was broken off once otherwise nothing. One small pike on Net. This is a picture of the bass from Locator. 

• Fully Kraeusened
      By Fully Kraeusened
      Hey guys. I’m new to this site. I’ll be visiting the park early June. While I have made several trips up there I’ll be bringing a friend who never has. He is a very experienced angler, but has yet to catch a walleye. A lot of his experience comes from using down riggers on Lake Michigan. He was asking about using them on a vacation this year and I had no answer for him. I can’t recall ever seeing anyone using that method in Voyageurs. Does anyone have a thought on this? I’d appreciate any advice. Want my buddy to have a great trip! 
      Tight lines!
      Fully Kraeusened
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A few friends and I decided to try our hand at something we've never done before - targeting Channel Catfish through the ice. This definitely proved to be a bit of a challenge and took me out of my comfort zone. After getting a few bites and fish up the hole we started to figure out a method that worked for us. I don't feel like it's the most productive way to catch these fish but it worked out for us that day. At the end of the day everyone in our group caught quite a few fish, had their rods doubled over and left with smiles on our faces. These fish put up a heck of a fight on Walleye gear! I will definitely try to get back up there this season.

• LaMarr Uhuru
      By LaMarr Uhuru
      So I'm fishing white bear lake tomorrow in 7deagree weather.
        I'l be there around 520am  
      LOOKING FOR WALLEYES CRAPPIES N PEARCH TO KEEP. WHERE IS AH GOOD SPOT TO START FISHING.   can anyone lead me somewhere goodg
    • Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Anyone know of a good ice fishing lake near vermilion? Perhaps something with a hot panfish bite.
    • UncleKes
      By UncleKes
      I used to fish a small lake just north of Malmo on Milla Lacs at a town called Glen.  The Lake was called Clear Lake.  I have not fished it in quite some time and wondered if anyone has any information on it.  (Ice conditions, whats biting, etc.)
      I moved to St. Cloud a few years ago but thought it might be nice to ice fish the lake this winter.  I used to catch some nice stringers of perch, crappies, and sunfish.  
      Can anyone tell me if they are still selling bait at the Gas Station/RestaurantStore at Malmo?
      Any info would be appreciated.
      Uncle Kes
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter!

• Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter

• Rick
      By Rick
      Minnesota Ice Fishing Reports by Area - Share you ice fishing stories here...Click it to set the hook!!!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bryan P
      Awesome Eyeguy! That is a good run of smallies there. I like your spot, that was my favorite fishing stretch for them when I lived in St cloud. Mississippi is such a great smallie fishery. Im blessed to live right next to it too. Now lets get the current to go down some! 
    • eyeguy 54
      I LOVE SMALLIES !  LOL  I am blessed to live close to so much fun. 
    • pikeandchester
      Spent a couple hours on Elysian this afternoon.  Drove around some shallow areas on the south east end of the lake with the trolling motor and only saw carp. Water is still unusually clear for this lake, at any time of the year, and 79 degrees near shore. May be a great opportunity for a bow fisherman, even in the daylight. Tried soaking minnows in a hole on the north end with no luck.
    • Fully Kraeusened
      My choice would be Namakan, but honestly that’s mostly based on emotion. It’s where my dad and I fished the most while up there. I also think it’s prettier than Kab.  I’ve never been on Sand Point or Crane. Just my two cents. I’ll be up there one week from today. Staying on the Ash River if anyone would care to enjoy a cold one first round is on my buddy. 😁
    • ANYFISH2
      Sounds like a heck of an evening! Alot of fun also.
    • eyeguy 54
      Hit the water at 5 and back to shore at 7. 21 smallies smacked the stick bait.   Biggest went 18.  Had one that did a great jump and landed in the yak by my foot. LOL 
    • ANYFISH2
      Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all! I would like Thank all, that have made the ultimate sacrifice for us all, as well as thier families.  THANK YOU! My blessings to you, who use this weekend in remembrance of you passed loved ones.  God bless.   Hope those that get out on our lakes have a safe and successful weekend.   Remember to let us know how your weekend went, and please give us a report in our Area forums!  
    • ANYFISH2
      Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all! I would like Thank all, that have made the ultimate sacrifice for us all, as well as thier families.  THANK YOU! My blessings to you, who use this weekend in remembrance of you passed loved ones.  God bless.   Hope those that get out on our lakes have a safe and successful weekend.   Remember to let us know how your weekend went, and give us a report here in the Brainerd Lakes area!
    • Rick
      The Great Lakes Compact Council and the Great Lakes Regional Body are seeking public feedback on draft updates to the procedures for reviewing requests to divert water from the Great Lakes Basin. The compact is federal law that governs the use of water in the Great Lakes watershed. The compact council and regional body are accepting comments through June 21, at 4:30 p.m.  Under the compact, diversions of water out of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence River Basin are generally prohibited. However, the compact identifies limited circumstances under which diversion may be allowed. In some instances, before a diversion proposal can be approved, it must undergo review by the regional body and may require approval by the compact council. The draft updates are strictly procedural and would not modify the compact’s basic terms. The compact council is composed of the governors of the eight states that border the Great Lakes. The regional body includes the eight governors on the council plus the premiers of Ontario and Quebec. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is Gov. Mark Dayton’s delegate to both groups and provides data and water management expertise to assist implementing the compact. The effort to refine the procedures under the compact follows the states’ and provinces’ first experience reviewing a diversion request under the agreement. Reflecting on that experience and feedback from stakeholder groups, the states and provinces concluded that some aspects of the procedures should be clarified or refined. Following discussions with key stakeholders and tribal interests, the states and provinces developed the draft updates that were released for public review May 22. The updates include these changes: Expands opportunities for the public to participate at hearings and public meetings. Acknowledges the special status of First Nations and federally recognized Tribes through separate meetings with them and granting standing to contest compact council decisions. Identifies circumstances under which an additional public comment period would be offered between issuance of the regional body’s declaration of finding and the compact council’s final decision. Essentially, if the compact council views the regional body’s modifications to the applicant’s diversion proposal as substantial, the council would take public comment prior to making its final decision. The existing public comment opportunity prior to the regional body’s deliberations would remain. After considering public input received by June 21, the regional body will revise the draft procedural updates this summer. The compact council will then consider the updates and decide whether some or all of them should be adopted through rulemaking. The draft updates are available at www.glslcompactcouncil.org/PUT-DraftUpdates.aspx. This website includes instructions for sharing feedback. The public input process includes an in-person opportunity to share feedback in Duluth on June 21 at Fitger’s Inn at 10:30 a.m. Documents are also available on the regional body website. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Spss
      I'm camping out on echo lake next week. Any tips or fishing info would be great.