• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Dock Boy

Voyageur Park Lodge on Lake Kabetogama recently purchased brand new Ice Trek brand fish houses to rent on Lake Kabetogama.  The houses themselves are all aluminum with spray foam insulation, clean, warm and comfortable!  If your looking for something different from the usual LOW, Red experience check us out.  These are day use houses only and we will offer lodging at Voyageur Park Lodge.  We will only have one lodging unit open in the winter, so fishing parties will be the only guests at the resort, so lots of privacy and no other parties around.  Fish houses will be private out on the ice also! 

We are excited to be the only angling houses on Lake Kabetogama!  If your looking for  something different let us know!

Voyageur Park Lodge (Reef Runner Ice houses)

• Thumbs Up 1

Satchmo

Sweet! I may have to look you up if I get up to my RV this winter.

Knowknot

Will you have roads plowed to the houses or are sleds needed?  Also which cabin do you have winterized?

Dock Boy

We do not plow roads here as we have a tracked machine to transport guests.   Roads breed people and we prefer our houses to be remote and not around any other houses.  For the most up to date info you can check out our facebook page.  We have a link directly from our website.  

www.voyageurparklodge.com

Tight lines!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Natew48
      By Natew48
      Any word on lakes around mankato?
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Well I have fished with enough guys to see a custom rod is worth it, so I got one of my own now. I know they are spendy but so are the mass produced ones. I ordered a Kichler Custom Rod I got a black ice that is ready to handle the light jigs I use. I might change the jig I put on it but gold is @eyeguy 54 go too and he can put some fish on the ice. From what seen this custom rod is much more sensitive than my snitch, so I will report back once I hit the ice.

• Rob Wilson Sr.
      By Rob Wilson Sr.
      FOR SALE
      2017 custom built "Skate Shack"
      19 feet long by 8 feet wide, a prize from the Minnesota Wild. Originally intended as a portable warming house/skate shack, It would not take much to convert into an ice house. Built on a drop down trailer frame
      Includes
      Electronic fireplace with remote
      (The lighting and fire change colors)
      42" television
      Sound bar
      Granite counter tops
      LED red and green pulse party lighting
      Minnesota wild branding throughout.  
      EDCO Arrowline Shake steel roofing
      Range Red Royal Celect premium vinyl siding.
      Interior cedar tongue-and-groove siding
      Torched cedar cabinetry and leather seats. 
      Convert it to a fish house, have it as a warming house or maybe the ultimate back yard man cave escape.  
      asking $15,000 or best offer.  PM for further details.  Currently it is sitting in Savage, MN.

I have more images if you would like to see.

[email protected]

• Jake Zeleznikar
      By Jake Zeleznikar
      I'm looking into insurance options for an Ice House and wondering what advice or recommendations anyone has on the best type of coverage. Also, if I want to be able to rent out my ice house when I'm not using it but not as an "outfitter" or "guide" would that be something that typical coverage wouldn't cover if a profit is being made since I wouldn't have the coverage that a company running as an outfitter would have? (Such as how normal car insurance doesn't cover an Uber driver when they are logged into the app and giving someone a ride because they are consequently on the road more often and making a profit.) Any and all information or recommendations would be extremely helpful!
    • Fully Kraeusened
      By Fully Kraeusened
      Wondering if any of you ever fish the inland lakes throughout Voyageurs and if so which ones? I have fished the Locator chain, Ek and Net lakes. My favorite of those three is definitely Locator. Seems to have a lot of northern and I also caught a good sized largemouth. Had a rough day on Ek. Was fishing with light tackle because I’ve been told it’s a good crappie lake and was broken off once otherwise nothing. One small pike on Net. This is a picture of the bass from Locator. 

• Fully Kraeusened
      By Fully Kraeusened
      Hey guys. I’m new to this site. I’ll be visiting the park early June. While I have made several trips up there I’ll be bringing a friend who never has. He is a very experienced angler, but has yet to catch a walleye. A lot of his experience comes from using down riggers on Lake Michigan. He was asking about using them on a vacation this year and I had no answer for him. I can’t recall ever seeing anyone using that method in Voyageurs. Does anyone have a thought on this? I’d appreciate any advice. Want my buddy to have a great trip! 
      Tight lines!
      Fully Kraeusened
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A few friends and I decided to try our hand at something we've never done before - targeting Channel Catfish through the ice. This definitely proved to be a bit of a challenge and took me out of my comfort zone. After getting a few bites and fish up the hole we started to figure out a method that worked for us. I don't feel like it's the most productive way to catch these fish but it worked out for us that day. At the end of the day everyone in our group caught quite a few fish, had their rods doubled over and left with smiles on our faces. These fish put up a heck of a fight on Walleye gear! I will definitely try to get back up there this season.

• LaMarr Uhuru
      By LaMarr Uhuru
      So I'm fishing white bear lake tomorrow in 7deagree weather.
        I'l be there around 520am  
      LOOKING FOR WALLEYES CRAPPIES N PEARCH TO KEEP. WHERE IS AH GOOD SPOT TO START FISHING.   can anyone lead me somewhere goodg
    • Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Anyone know of a good ice fishing lake near vermilion? Perhaps something with a hot panfish bite.
    • UncleKes
      By UncleKes
      I used to fish a small lake just north of Malmo on Milla Lacs at a town called Glen.  The Lake was called Clear Lake.  I have not fished it in quite some time and wondered if anyone has any information on it.  (Ice conditions, whats biting, etc.)
      I moved to St. Cloud a few years ago but thought it might be nice to ice fish the lake this winter.  I used to catch some nice stringers of perch, crappies, and sunfish.  
      Can anyone tell me if they are still selling bait at the Gas Station/RestaurantStore at Malmo?
      Any info would be appreciated.
      Uncle Kes
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• seifjr
      I fished the SE corner of the lake for a couple hours Saturday evening 3-5 p.m.  Set up on top in 15' of water and caught 3 eyes between 3:30-4:15.  All three seemed to be from the same year class @ 15/16".  10" of really nice ice about a 1/2 mile offshore.  Fun evening!   
    • Mike Walerak
      I second that rumeye! I placed my order, took of fishing in South Dakota for the weekend, and had them in my mailbox when I returned!  I am typically not committed to any brand of lures but I just love the pain schemes on the moon jigs and the perch seem to like them too! 
    • jake125
      How's the eye bite been out there? I got out Saturday night and landed one bigger fish. Pretty slow otherwise. Didn't mark anything Sunday morning. Few permies out on the lake. There was 11'' of ice where I was but know for a fact it is not like that on the whole lake
    • jake125
      Be very careful. I know for a fact from a lake resident there was a heave and open water in the middle of the lake a week ago. Do not go exploring
    • papadarv
      On Coon Lake yesterday, drilled 25 - 30 holes on west side of Lexington bay. All holes at 8". Still 2 areas of open water (blue circle with red) (green line open last weekend so expect <2" ice) suggest not crossing the area. One < 17" walleye so he went back in.
    • ANYFISH2
      Made it out last night for the first time.  Hit Shamineau for the evening bite.  Fished 21 ft water, about 15 yrds out from the milfoil edge.  Fish marked regularly from 4:15 till 6:30.  7 fish caught and probably 10 misses, first time out give me break!  Most of the walleyes were small with 2 14" fish put in the bucket. Minnows under a bobber with a plain hook or a white jig caught all the fish and bites.  Nothing on spoons.  Ice conditions: we had a consistent 9" of very good ice on Shamineau.  Large houses are out on the far west side.   Lake Alex has fisherman on most of the community spots with four wheels being used.  On the east end ice is good ranging from 8 to a little of 11".   Have not been on Fish Trap, however, Action Dock Service has warned that there is an large open area on the west side of Big Island as of yesterday.   Please be aware that Alex, Shamineau and Crookneck have many aerators in use all around these lakes for shorline protection.  Be very aware of what is in front of you, especially at night.   Good luck.
    • iiccee63
      Ice was 12" every hole I drilled in the East and middle north parts of the lake. Fishing was terrible but, awesome. Very little snow on lake also. Banking your house almost impossible.🤔
    • CJH
      Fished a small west metro lake this afternoon.  Shallow was 6-7 inches, about 5 inches out in the middle, good solid ice.  This lake locked up early and didn't get messed up by wind or warm temps.  I drilled holes as I went just to keep checking the ice, since it was our first time out for the year.
    • Wanderer
      I stayed on the ice this afternoon and out of the woods.  I watched the sun fade with the last day of the ML season with mine in the truck at the access.   The darndest thing: the fishing was terrible.  Kept hoping I’d find em or it would pick up in the evening.  Neither really happened. 😔     Still, it’s been a good hunting year.  Thanks all of you that shared your season here!
    • monstermoose78
      I go bare hands