• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Happy Dance Time

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

Grouse population is up and my dog will be in his second season!!

• 1 month later...

I'm getting really excited for the ruffies this year. My pup injured himself early in the season last year so that sidelined us. Can't wait for the first walk in the woods!

• Thumbs Up 1
monstermoose78

Good luck out there

monstermoose78

Went out to chase some doves and crows. No crows but got 3 doves. It was good training for Finn before duck season.

• 2 weeks later...
monstermoose78

Went out today find some doves and did not see any. 

the doves have been scarce, I had a chance at 2 this week, but decided they were out of range, and did not fire, that was it. looking forward to chasing grouse next weekend, I am thinking the woods will be busy with hunters on opener.

• Thumbs Up 1
monstermoose78

Well I talked to a few guides in the arrowhead that I know and it's not sounding good for numbers on grouse. I am going up to the cabin this weekend to mow the grass and get things ready for deer season. I will report how I do and what I see. I will also be scouting so newly logged areas for deer. 

My buddy was walking his property in Wi and jumped 12 grouse in a half hour

monstermoose78

I jumped a few but only saw 3 that I could shoot at. 4 flew low and to close to the dog to shoot. The ones I shot at the pine trees to the shot. We did see 4 woodcock or heard 4 saw 2.

only got out for about a hour in the middle to the day, rain shortened opener, saw nothing.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, monstermoose78 said:

I jumped a few but only saw 3 that I could shoot at. 4 flew low and to close to the dog to shoot. The ones I shot at the pine trees to the shot. We did see 4 woodcock or heard 4 saw 2.

My buddy who went out in wi shot one he said he jumped many more but like you said he told me they were all flying low

monstermoose78

The birds were running off the trails and getting back in the bush quick. Finn did his job but the birds were so far back in the bush I could not see them. I went two for two yesterday but had 5 low flyers and some I heard but did not see. I sure love the north woods. PS there is a lot of moose running around I seen 4. Lots of tracks on the trails as well. Fall colors are popping so there is big numbers of people driving the back roads. I seen one accident I dodge truck flew past me and about a mile down the road a  Cadillac and the said dodge met. Please slow down on the little back roads. 

IMG_0147.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Walked down the lane to check trail cams decided to bring shotgun with managed to get one dove. Should have had more but missed a couple and they others I had no shot as they disappear quick when the corn is over your head :crazy: Going to have to go back when I have more time to work the field good.  Went grouse hunting in morning but didn't flush any. We did flush 2 roosters though.

1234.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1