• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Buzzbait Brad Ohio

Ohio fisherman coming to Minnesota

Buzzbait Brad Ohio

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. I am a member of Ohio Game Fishing forum and an Ohio citizen. I'm coming to visit a friend and stay in his lake house at the end of July. I have a few questions. 

Ill be fishing Long Lake near Erhard, Minnesota. I'd  like to know if anyone could give a detailed fishing report of that lake. 

Also, I'm trying to plan a river float on the Ottertail River and I can't find a public access map. Can anyone help with that? With smallmouth being my favorite species to target, I'm really hoping I can catch some of these great northern smallmouth I keep hearing about and also hoping I can find a launch point and take out point for me and my kayak. 

Thanks! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bdeanpete

You can access the Ottertail River (or any body of water in MN) anywhere there is public road right of way touching that waterway. In other words, any public road bridge over the river provides access to that river. 

I float a lot of rivers in my kayak and almost never use a designated access. Just be careful where you leave your vehicle so it's not blocking the road or a field access etc. 

Best of luck and be sure to post up some pics of the smallies you catch. 

Buzzbait Brad Ohio
5 hours ago, Bdeanpete said:

You can access the Ottertail River (or any body of water in MN) anywhere there is public road right of way touching that waterway. In other words, any public road bridge over the river provides access to that river. 

I float a lot of rivers in my kayak and almost never use a designated access. Just be careful where you leave your vehicle so it's not blocking the road or a field access etc. 

Best of luck and be sure to post up some pics of the smallies you catch. 

Thanks! I appreciate the info. 

Is there any canoe/kayak outfitters on the Ottertail? I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna get picked up after I'm done floating since we will only be driving one car up to your guys state. 

Buzzbait Brad Ohio

Thanks for having me Minnesota. I wasn't able to float the Ottertail river but I did fish the lake every morning. Most fish the first 3 days came on top water whopper plopper. The last day, the water temperature heated up to almost 80 so I changed it up a little bit and fished deep water 10-20 feet and caught fish deep. Here's some of the better fish from this week. The fishing up here is great. Can't wait to make it back. 

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG