• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

G'day guys,

I've started up this post as I will be visiting Minnesota (to be specific the Stuart Lake in the Ottertail Lake area) and I would love to hook into some fish! I'm originally from the Netherlands, have lived in Australia for the last 8 years working as a fishing guide, I have moved to Dallas TX with my wife and now we will be visiting my in-laws in Minnesota. I would love to catch Musky, which I know West Battle Lake holds, and of course Walleye. I have been trying to look for areas that hold smallmouth but was unable to find any. I don't have a boat up there or anything so I know I will be in a massive disadvantage for musky but I will give it a try with waders. I would love to get as many tips as possible! Cheers!

Edited by CaptainSeabass

On many lakes it is possible to rent a boat for a reasonable price.  Or to hire a guide who knows the area and the lakes. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Clitherall Lake, Pickerel Lake, and the Otter Tail River hold smallmouths. Without a boat, the river is your best bet.

• I Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can you keep smallies from the Ottertail?  Thought there was a restriction on them in there.

• 2 years later...

My Family lived and fished ottertail for over 30 years.  Chat more?  I can help and God bless Minnesota and our lakes

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:15 AM, Robert...Abel said:

My Family lived and fished ottertail for over 30 years.  Chat more?  I can help and God bless Minnesota and our lakes

Robert, the original post was from 2017 so I don't know how valid that post is any more.

• Thanks 1