• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnesota River/Mississippi Catfishing

paydayy25

I am a student at the University of Minnesota. I was raised in Ottertail County which is full of amazing lakes for walleye. Along with walleye fishing, I was raised on catfishing the Red River in the Grand Forks area. This week my father is coming down to the metro area to visit me down here at school. He's bringing his boat down (17 ft Crestliner with 80HP tiller). I was hoping to get some tips and reports on some possible river spots for catfishing. I would love to get in the MN River to chase some big flatheads! Any other river fishing spots for smallmouth and/or walleye would be great to try out as well! 

Do do any of you know of any spots that are within 30 minutes of the metro area and any good landings to put the boat in at? Hopefully the river isn't too worked up from the storms today. 

Any tips or reports would be well appreciated! 

Thanks. 

Edited by paydayy25

They're in there! Caught a few on Saturday seeking cover from the wind. This was pool 2. 

20170610_115931_HDR_resized.jpg

I was going to say pool 2 with a boat that size would be best. As you can see, the cats are in there. You could land on the Minnesota in Chaska or Shakopee but drive slow. The river was pretty high and fast last night and will probably be worse the next few days.

Sounds good.  Hoping to get at it tomorrow night or Wednesday during the day. Will give updates!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 10:43 PM, paydayy25 said:

Sounds good.  Hoping to get at it tomorrow night or Wednesday during the day. Will give updates!

11 days passed and no updates??