• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Equipment needed to tie Clouser minnows

MidCoast

I want to tie Clouser minnows, but I am unsure what I need to buy as in tools to tie it.  What tools do I need?  I've never tied before but want to start learning. 

• 2 months later...

Orvis has some awesome tutorials on their web sites. They teach at whatever level you are in flyfishing. I've gone there many times. They've also got an awesome app with fishing reports including wwater conditions, fly selection and hw to fish it.

Check them out and good fishing.

• 3 months later...
carfoutdoors

Depending on where you're at there are some great shops in the Twin Cities.

Bob Mitchell's Fly Shop and Mend Provisions

The people at those fine shops will surly steer you in the right direction.  There are also open tie nights that you can join in on, and there are usually extra sets of tools to use and people are usually good at helping others learn.

Tools needed: Vise, bobbin, scissors, thread, bucktail, crystal flash, dumbbell eyes, and some sallys hard as nails or similar type of glue/adhesive.