• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Bigfatbert

You will have no freezing issues if you return by Nov 3rd.

Spearing Machine

You should be fine, JL. I'm still fishing the West end (and catching) and today I found water temps in shallow narrows to be 42.6 and out in big, very deep water to be at 46.7. We've lost 6-10 degrees since last sunday in these same areas. Temps look cool but nothing bitterly cold to have to worry about things icing yet.

JerkinLips

Thanks BFB and SM for the info.  Hopefully I can shoot a big buck early and have time for liquid water fishing yet this fall.  Will probably just tip the motor out of the water in hopes  I can get out November 6-10.

Cliff Wagenbach

Saw a little skim ice in the rushes in Pike Bay today!

Cliff

JerkinLips

Thanks for the update, Cliff.  A little bit of skim ice shouldn't hurt my 40 year-old Johnson too much.

• Haha 1

mbeyer

Bringing this topic to the top....anyone have a 2018 water temperature, yet?

Tominator692

Back side of Pine Island this afternoon.

thumbnail (1).jpg

• Like 1

Tripp_315

Good evening everyone.... I was just looking to revise this string for 2018 :)

Glad to see we're on the same page...I'll be up 2 weeks from Friday...interested to see how water temp rises before Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks ahead of time to all contributors. Good luck this weekend, and Tight lines!

~Tripp (in Atlanta)

Tripp_315

How's your day going? 

What's the water temp today?

Thanks,

~Tripp

Cliff Wagenbach

49 to 50 degrees in Big Bay today!

Decent bite of smaller eaters in 29' to 36'.

Boated 25 and kept 12 between 13" and 16".

Cliff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wakemup
55 minutes ago, Cliff Wagenbach said:

49 to 50 degrees in Big Bay today!

Decent bite of smaller eaters in 29' to 36'.

Boated 25 and kept 12 between 13" and 16".

Cliff

Great news! What'd you have them going on primarily Cliff?

jhousenga

49-51 in Daisy and into Big this afternoon. Spent most of my day getting the boat ready and in the water. We'll get more fishing in tomorrow.

Cliff Wagenbach

Got most of our fish on lindys with chubs and rainbows.

58.2 degrees in Pike Bay this evening!

Cliff

Cliff Wagenbach
Posted (edited)

48.6 degrees in Big Bay this morning.

I heard today that a 33-7/8" walleye was caught and kept in Pike Bay yesterday!

That is a true fish of a life time!

Cliff

Edited by Cliff Wagenbach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jhousenga

Very windy today and it showed up in the water temps. We went from Pike to Daisy at 2:00 today. Deep in pike I showed 55, dropping to 51 by the time we got to the mouth. Big bay was consistent at 44 until we got close to birch point. Going between birch and moose island it dropped to 41. I think the wind had a nice current going along the point and the deep water was surfacing when it ran into the island. Daisy was 44-46.

I can't imagine what a walleye just short of a yard would look like coming into view. 

Tripp_315

Good morning Everyone....what are the water temps leading into the weekend?

Thanks,

Tripp (In Atlanta but will be there in one week :D)

Tripp_315

Nice way to check water temps lol

~Tripp

delcecchi

Tie a string to it....?

BRL

Saturday Norwegian Bay was 50-51 degrees. After the cold wind the sun showed up and baked it all day Sunday. By Monday afternoon Temps were around 62 with Black Bay reaching 65-66. 

We left Tuesday Morning so I'm sure the fishing is suddenly on fire. I'm surprised that when I walk down the seafood aisle in the grocery store that the shelves don't suddenly go bare. 

Stephen L Johnston Jr.
On 5/13/2018 at 10:45 AM, Cliff Wagenbach said:

48.6 degrees in Big Bay this morning.

I heard today that a 33-7/8" walleye was caught and kept in Pike Bay yesterday!

That is a true fish of a life time!

Cliff

Wow, thats like a 15lb walleye given that length. Wish i could see such a Waldo, too bad they are not part of this forum!

jhousenga

59 crossing Daisy Bay Friday night. 67 in Big Bay this afternoon.

Wanderer

Ely area lakes were showing 69-71 today.  That was a warmer than expected surface temp but I doubt it goes very deep.  Very little spawn activity compared to past years for this weekend.

Wakemup

65-66 in Norwegian yesterday and 63 in Niles.

mbeyer

Seeing a lot of 71-73 degree weather on east end.