• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

monstermoose78

Opening day

monstermoose78

One more sleep and it will be opening morning !!! I have to work tomorrow but I will be setting up the blind for Thursday and Friday! My nephew has Friday off and is all jacked up to get out hunting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

ANYFISH2

I will be out tonight setting the blind up for the kids near a roost i have found in the last few days. And one in an area i think they go later in the morning.

Take tomorrow and Thursday off to hunt with Isaac the Saturday and Sunday with Abigail.  Hope they can connect with one.

Good luck everyone, keep us posted on how the hunts are going.

• Thumbs Up 2

paceman

I will be out with the bow tomorrow morning for a few hours, go into work late. Basically a scouting trip. Only shoot a big Tom. If I hear a bunch of birds I will be back Friday/Saturday morning with my son...

• Thumbs Up 1

DonBo
2 hours ago, paceman said:

I will be out with the bow tomorrow morning for a few hours, go into work late.

That's my plan for the rest of the week.

This is where I'll be:

12973561_10205149836619697_5568976716480863662_o.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Livin On The X Outdoors!

We will be taking out kids who entered our contest starting tomorrow!  Can't wait, scouting has been good. Good luck! 

• Thumbs Up 1

ANYFISH2

Good luck!

ANYFISH2

As of 10:30am opening day has been fantastic, yet no bird.

The turkey's have been within eye sight of our blind in the woods all morning.

At one time this morning we had 9 strutters and many hens running around us from 30 to 70 yds, cutting and gobbling thier fool heads off for 45 min.  It was awesome to see the amazed and frustrated look on Isaacs face!  

• Thumbs Up 4

leech~~

Good luck guys!

I'm only going to be able to hunt Friday & Sat this year with work and Easter on Sunday.

• Thumbs Up 1

ANYFISH2

Good luck to you.  It only takes minute with right bird. Right!!?

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~

Nice work!  So someone was late to work we take it?  Lol :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

ANYFISH2

Nice way to go!

monstermoose78

Way To go!! I am jacked up for the morning

AlwaysFishing23

Good work!

monstermoose78

The last couple hours have be silent odd. No geese cranes or ducks. One little chickadee but that's it. 

monstermoose78

First gobble in a while it's close

ANYFISH2

Well Isaac got his first chance at a Tom this afternoon at 4:50.  And it was a dandy!!

Unfortunately his shot missed the mark some.  His shot rolled the Tom, but the bird found his feet and took off running.

I bailed out of the blind and took chase, doing a good job of keeping pace. Until, a unfortunate incident, worthy of America's funniest home videos, i tripped and did the 200 lb roll in the woods!

Next time i guess, unless my landowner friend finds the bird tonight as he is looking for isaac just in case.

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Bummer

At noon I took a jake. 

IMG_0952.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3

DonBo

I have two really good properties I can hunt.  One is archery only, that's where I've been the last three mornings.  Almost had one Wednesday morning but as I drew my bow, he jumped on my jake decoy, it scared the heck out of him and all 7 turkeys within 15 yards ran away.  Dang.  Saw a few yesterday and a bunch this morning, but none really wanted to play with me.

The other property had someone else hunting it 1st time period.  That landowner called me this morning and said the guy who was hunting there was surrounded by 50 turkeys (50!) Wed. morning and he filled his tag, so I'm free to come hunt there. :)  I think I'll take them up on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

monstermoose78
1 hour ago, DonBo said:

I have two really good properties I can hunt.  One is archery only, that's where I've been the last three mornings.  Almost had one Wednesday morning but as I drew my bow, he jumped on my jake decoy, it scared the heck out of him and all 7 turkeys within 15 yards ran away.  Dang.  Saw a few yesterday and a bunch this morning, but none really wanted to play with me.

The other property had someone else hunting it 1st time period.  That landowner called me this morning and said the guy who was hunting there was surrounded by 50 turkeys (50!) Wed. morning and he filled his tag, so I'm free to come hunt there. :)  I think I'll take them up on it.

Sounds like those turkeys like the calls and decoys maybe

monstermoose78

My nephew and went back out at 2 and could see birds in the beans. We got in the blind and placed one feeding gen out. I called and we watched them make a bee line for us they were 200 yards out when we started. As the first ones crested the hill bang bang bang and bang!! My sister told her boys to come out and build a fort on the pond. Those turkeys did not like the banging, so we decided we would go back tomorrow morning!

monstermoose78

We are going with just a hen today. 

IMG_0983.JPG

Ref

I am new to turkey hunting.  I have a strutting Tom and a hen decoy.  Should I be putting both out at the same time?

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
28 minutes ago, Ref said:

I am new to turkey hunting.  I have a strutting Tom and a hen decoy.  Should I be putting both out at the same time?

Thanks!

If you paid money for both, put them both out.  Watch the reactions you may get and if the Tom's aren't coming in all the way, pull the Tom decoy and see if anything changes. Good luck.

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 2

ANYFISH2

Welcome Ref.

I agree with leech.

With that in mind i think having both out in the mornings is a good idea as birds are coming together after fly down.

In the afternoon, especially late, I think a single hen or just the Tom would be affective, as birds break up more as the day goes on.

• Thumbs Up 1