• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

ANYFISH2

Where are they now?

ANYFISH2

Where you all finding the panfish Now?

In the Lincoln lakes are we are seeing fish staging near their spring haunts still. 14-17ft of water but moving closer the shallow weeds every day it seems.  Water temps are hanging in low 40's to mid 40's shallower in the bays.  

Rick G

Shallow, for the most part. Seems they are in the deeper pockets in the bays early in the day, moving very shallow durring the warmest part of the afternoon.  

bbfenatic

In Det Lakes area I am finding Crappies in pre-spawn mode.  Bays that have warmed up slightly above that 50 degree mark and getting 50/50 Males/Females...nothing real shallow yet.  Most in that 10-12' depth around early weed growth.

• Thumbs Up 1

nmitchell17

Anybody been out??  I was out a week ago and the water was 53 degrees in a shallow channel.  Anybody been out more recently.  

bbfenatic

Was out in DL area Saturday....still the same....prespawn staging 8-12 ft but did get some dandies late evening in front of an inlet pretty shallow 4-6ft and they were the most agressive Crappies I've caught this spring.  Mother Nature has dealt us another yo-yo spring up our way and that $uck$

• Thumbs Up 3

bbfenatic

Moving onto beds...getting large blackened males plus females without eggs...happening fast on lakes that have 60 degree temps and many deeper beds this year with the extra long wait for temps to move up...not as many got to spawn in shallow reed areas as normal...but the bite is super good all over in the DL area.

• Thumbs Up 2

ANYFISH2

Saturday found the panfish deep in the morning, not a fish on the shoreline to be found.

By late afternoon the shorlines were packed with panfish.  Crappies just now are actually on beds.  

Bluegills are have not yet started to fan nests.  The big seriously fat females are thick shallow, only a few bulls hanging around at this point.

This is for the area near Walker/Hackensack. 

monstermoose78

Great reminder to let them big beautiful bulls go

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Some Fish are still shallow but most are moving to the weed lines or weed beds

• Thumbs Up 1

gunner55

Been getting a few on the weed line, early am when there's a little breeze, since the surface temps started coming down. That was about this month's full moon, for me. A very slow troll, fishing vertically, & just a 1/16 oz. jig.

ozzie

same here for the panfish...find the weed line and slow troll or cast, fall, slow retrieve.

• Thumbs Up 1

opsirc

Where on the lakes are people looking for them now,  tried 20-25, and 16-18fow  on a lake near me.  only finding the small ones.

monstermoose78

I hear ya same for me. I have fished from 5-25 feet and only had a handful of nicer fish. They will turn on but when.

Rick G

Slallow, green weeds have been best for me..... 

• Thumbs Up 1