• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

ANYFISH2

2017 spring sucker run.

ANYFISH2

How is your spring fishing for suckers/ redhorse and carp going?

• Thumbs Up 1

Barbelboy

Took the kids out April 1st. Managed to catch 3. Pretty slow so far, but it should start to get better.

20170401_090345.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

popriveter

Tried worms for suckers below a dam on a creek. No action.

I've twice had my kids still fishing a worm on bottom in a shallow pond while I sight-fished carp with wooly buggers. 

We've been shut out on bait so far and I've only had one carp take on a fly. It broke me off.

I sure am seeing a lot of carp, but they don't seem anxious to eat yet.

I have yet to see any evidence of a sucker run on the creeks I've visited. Haven't heard any good reports from others either.

Edited by popriveter

GeluNumber1

Friends are catching a few redhorse on the St. Croix. Also I've been hearing reports of white suckers biting on sunny days near Becker MN. Have yet to catch one myself.

GeluNumber1

Went out today and got five redhorse on the Saint Croix. All on bottom rigged crawlers, bombed out as far as they can go. Three shortheads, one golden, and one silver. The sucker run is starting here, and it'll only get better.

• Thumbs Up 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      Hey tommy.   that looks like one of those bald eagle crappies, you can read a newpaper t hrough the fillet...
    • IceHawk
      Smoked a few over years myself dang good. Also ground up a few and made some smoked country style ring sausage turned out pretty good and not to dry as I added a little pork. Many ways to make it.
    • IceHawk
      Noticed one was missing from pic my test subject 😂. Really like the Bradley magic matts they rock! Very little sticking. 
    • IceHawk
      My neighbor was telling me they are a invasive species? They want you to eliminate them.  I told him leave them alone 😀 they sure are pretty and fairly big. First time I have ever seen some. 
    • eyeguy 54
      They are neat looking 
    • eyeguy 54
      Lol. Just try a little. If you like ketchup on fries you might like this. 
    • IceHawk
      They turned out Awesome !
    • Mike89
      I love chips!! I enjoy good chip dip!!!  and I enjoy cottage cheese!!!  especially the Kemps one with chives!!!  But I'm thinking that is one I'll pass on!!! I would try it if someone made it so I don't waste something by accident!!!  🤪
    • IceHawk
      These are two ways I do my wild turkey both excellent!
    • Dave S
      I have to say wild turkey is my favorite. I smoke mine and love it. I shared some of last years luck with the golf league and it disappeared in no time flat. People who have heard that it's terrible were shocked to see how it turned out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.