• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

ANYFISH2

2017 spring sucker run.

ANYFISH2

How is your spring fishing for suckers/ redhorse and carp going?

• Thumbs Up 1

Barbelboy

Took the kids out April 1st. Managed to catch 3. Pretty slow so far, but it should start to get better.

20170401_090345.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

popriveter

Tried worms for suckers below a dam on a creek. No action.

I've twice had my kids still fishing a worm on bottom in a shallow pond while I sight-fished carp with wooly buggers. 

We've been shut out on bait so far and I've only had one carp take on a fly. It broke me off.

I sure am seeing a lot of carp, but they don't seem anxious to eat yet.

I have yet to see any evidence of a sucker run on the creeks I've visited. Haven't heard any good reports from others either.

Edited by popriveter

GeluNumber1

Friends are catching a few redhorse on the St. Croix. Also I've been hearing reports of white suckers biting on sunny days near Becker MN. Have yet to catch one myself.

GeluNumber1

Went out today and got five redhorse on the Saint Croix. All on bottom rigged crawlers, bombed out as far as they can go. Three shortheads, one golden, and one silver. The sucker run is starting here, and it'll only get better.

• Thumbs Up 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• whateverisbiting
      Scientifically speaking, yes it will slow down the infection rate as we progress into summer.  Another significant factor is the higher humidity indoors (low humidity makes our membranes more susceptible to infection).   However, if New Orleans is a window of the weather impact, then we need to be careful about being too optimistic.  Mardi Gras at the end of Feb led to a huge outbreak there and temps were mild.  Perhaps the way COVID-19 propagates will mean that weather is not the final answer.   Besides this example, I think some of the discrepancies you see in reporting on things like this is that some do not want to acknowledge that weather actually will help because psychologically that could lead to lower social distancing compliance.  On the other hand, those trying to prop up confidence in the economy may be overstating the weather impact.  This dynamic seems to be in effect for most issues surrounding COVID-19;  it creates a challenge for the average person to know what to believe.   When I say hunting and fishing is no impact, that assumes you are not driving a couple hours and interacting with people there at gas stations and grocery stores, and then coming home and doing the same.  Militant approaches to shelter in place is a precaution against people either not understanding how to social distance or they don't care.  As long as we are practice it effectively, we won't need to go there.   Two weeks ago I went to a specialty supply store.  There was a note to call a phone number, they will take your order and charge your card, then put your order on the loading dock.  That is effective (though giving your credit card number over the phone may lead to other problems but I know the people there).   We are able to go to grocery stores because we have to.  The cashiers should all be wearing gloves and masks.  Otherwise they are prime vectors for transmission.
    • Rick
      Thanks for the video!   AWESOME!
    • Rick
      Ouch, last time I did that @Joe took a sled to bridge the gap and told me " That's why I went to college".   I went home changed and came back.   Oh yeah, he hears "and that's why you went to college" quite often these days. 😁
    • Rick
      Thanks JB and Kettle!!
    • papadarv
      Down here in north metro season over. Open water 100 yards off shore on Coon Lake Anoka, expect it fully open by mid next week with today's rain and warmer temps. Time to get the boat out of winter storage. 20200327_130822.mp4  
    • eyeguy 54
      Better material in the Ascend than the Pelican. I looked at them also. Nice product. Forgot to mention that on the Ascend the carry handle on front is same that was on my future beach. Had to replace it after 2 years. Cloth goes bad. 
    • BobT
      I put my ice gear away on Wednesday. Now I'm waiting for open water.
    • BobT
      This is what is posted on the DNR website. Driving for pleasure is still allowed as well.    https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/covid-19.html
    • Austin12345
      another brand I have been looking at is ascend they have some good kayaks it looks like
    • Austin12345
      ya that looks pretty good

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.