• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cat locations

Should I look for the cats more in deep holes now or more in shallow by bridges etc. Don't want your spot just general info. I know they can be any where but I'm thinking deep?

Also would fat heads be a good choice now.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I would look in holes and flats near them.  Deep depends on how shallow the section that you're fishing is.

They should not be in the deep holes anymore now.   The should be moving to that mid range water.   I saw one surface by the 22 bridge as i was driving by.    It was in shallow water.

Don

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Good to know Don.  Everything is ahead of schedule. 

Had a cat tonight in 12 inches of water surface on my shoreline.   Really surprised me.

Don

On 3/28/2017 at 2:08 PM, Kelly Oman said:

How do you fish for the cats on open water? 

To be honest, I'm far from the expert, but I've had lots of cat hit my bass lures. In open water, I don't think they're too picky. They'll eat anything that looks like a minnow or crawfish, at least when the water is warm.

If I get out Saturday, the plan is to go after bluegills, but also to try chicken livers trolled slowly on a Lindy Rig for cats. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty good area you were in.... You will find walleyes around that underwater point thats right off the front of your boat come june. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good job. Those cats are fun!

The deeper holes in the river section have a few in there too. If you go from East Lake towards Koetter Lake on the river, there's a couple deep holes that hold lots of critters. A couple days ago, my graphs lit up with solid yellow and orange marks in one of the holes. It was mostly small river minnow with a few average-sized cats mixed in.

Edited by BassThumb.
  • Thumbs Up 1