• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Panfish Pics

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eyeguy 54

• Rick G

• Tom Sawyer

• leech~~

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this 10 1/2" gill working a mayfly tungsten fly.  Love it when you set the hook and the fish doesn't move an inch.  😁

Suspended 10ft  off bottom, over basin area. 4mm black tungsren with white finnesse style body

Hit a north metro lake for panfish and stuck this 16" white crappie.

Posted Images

JeremyCampbell

Nice one Rick!

Rick G

Small shallow lake,  central Mn.

Saw very few fish around bedding areas today. Most of the bigger gills were found around the deep weed edge or under docks  6-12 ft. 

20170606_135836.jpg

20170606_122039.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4
  • 2 weeks later...
bbfenatic

This is a first for me. Got off the lake and this was parked in the lot.....the horse was tied to a tree a ways back in the woods. The boat trailer tires were wooden spokes with metal sheeting.  Did not see any boat out there rowing around...do you suppose they use "motorized" boats? Maybe they were tucked way back in the reeds with a row boat and we just did not see them.  

20170616_160820.thumb.jpg.fd40d479f8570f2aad5ffd1b4014d314.jpg

The pic below is a couple of the many crappies we caught...13ft...outside edge of the cabbage.

20170616_160954.thumb.jpg.a0734b3aaa8ef61c4edbe729f37abe7d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Nice I want to see a video of him launching the boat with that rig!

• Thumbs Up 2
ANYFISH2

We SAW a family out on Little Pine last summer.  SAW  them load the boat, not launch.

Yes, they rowed their boat.

bbfenatic
On 6/17/2017 at 6:56 PM, theharvester said:

Yes he rows a small boat . SAW him on big o early this year.

On 6/18/2017 at 0:32 AM, ANYFISH2 said:

We SAW a family out on Little Pine last summer.  SAW  them load the boat, not launch.

Yes, they rowed their boat.

Yup...same guy then...these 3 lakes are all in the same general vicinity.  

• 3 weeks later...
ANYFISH2

20170715_213503.thumb.jpg.893b939fd2bb8f8672dda9ead0e45c4d.jpgIsaac PB bluegill.  1lb 4oz.

a small one I caught.

20170715_210325.thumb.jpg.783904a1ca8c3d3d97dfe12793ae0266.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • 4 weeks later...
bbfenatic

Those of you who have been on the Forum for a long time probably remember FisherDog...he taught me how to find crappies 12 mths out of the year and I have taken it to an entirely new level :crazy:

Here is pic of him with a couple slabs when he was up in July and we fished hard20170706_204421.thumb.jpg.7cb170d7cce10eed5fac8e98ee2512d3.jpg....he moved to Marco Island several years ago but bought a place back up here to visit a few weeks per year

• Thumbs Up 3
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
eyeguy 54

pretty seed

811g.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • 2 weeks later...
eyeguy 54

mug shots 

829d.jpg

829e.jpg

829f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
eyeguy 54

gotta love the gills. 

830b.jpg

830c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • 2 weeks later...
eyeguy 54

A few from up on Bowstring. Lotta fish biting in less than 9 feet. 

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Been out chasing crappies again in the DL area..been a while...finding some nice ones in mouth of a river...pic of a couple

wimercrappies2.thumb.jpg.23a022f54da7bc65439b3b6d87a17824.jpgwimercrappies1.thumb.jpg.5d7628ef633d7f83ce4b1f4e4deee244.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
eyeguy 54

a nice 9 incher hoping to reach 10 by next year. 

9.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
eyeguy 54

a pretty guy   flipped away before mug shot... LOL

927a.jpg

927b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
eyeguy 54

another great morning in the yak.  kept a few to eat this trip. 

102a.jpg

102b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
eyeguy 54

crazy bite today. bobber disappeared constantly for 4 hours. :) 

1010a1.jpg

1010b.jpg

1010c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Some good walleye fishing this week.  As many summer weeks, it was helpful to be versatile.  On the big lake, sometimes you have to play the wind, meaning, you have to be flexible where you fish.  
      The fish were there and some great catches this week.  Most fishing in 25-33 feet.  Some are still jigging.  Frozen shiners and leeches were both good this week.  With water temps in the mid to upper 60's, leeches and crawlers will heat up.  
      Spinners (otherwise called harnesses) with minnows, leeches or crawlers were all effective this week.  It is good to mix up colors and bait until you find the right mix.  Gold, glow, pink, orange, chartreuse or a combo of them are good colors in stained water. 
      More and more anglers trolling crankbaits with success.  Some have been trolling cranks since the opener but it seems most anglers wait till the water warms.  A great method to cover water and find cooperative fish.  
      On the Rainy River...   Some good summer fishing reports from the river.  Walleyes being caught jigging, pulling spinners and trolling crankbaits.  Current breaks and holes holding most fish.  
      Smallmouth bass in rocky areas, current breaks, bridge embankments and weed edges.  Lots of bass in the river.  Crankbaits, spinnerbaits and tube jigs are good lures to start with.  
      Pike are adjacent to weedlines, in slack water areas and in bays.  Working shorelines whether trolling or casting will normally produce nice fish.
      Sturgeon anglers, mark your calendars, sturgeon season opens again July 1st.  
      Up at the NW Angle...  Walleye fishing continues to be strong up at the Angle.  Fish coming from literally 5-33' of water.  Not every walleye is keying on the same food sources.  With structure, rocks, and mud, lots of variety at the Angle.  Jigging, spinners and cranks all producing. 
      Muskie season opens Saturday, June 19th.  Lots of nice fish already caught unintentionally as these predators like to eat.  Muskie anglers were forced to fish MN waters last year with the border closure were happily surprised with the size and quantity of fish on the MN side.  This year should be good.
      Pike hanging out in weedy bays.  Smallmouth relating to rocky points and reefs.
      With the Canada border still closed, there are many ways to get up to the Angle.  
      1.  The LOW Passenger Service, charter boat shuttle service from the south end, is open and running.  2.  If you have the right boat and expertise, boating across is an option.  3.  And finally, Lake Country Air flying service, a float plane service out of Baudette and other locations.  

• Jaroberts28
      By Jaroberts28
      Hey guys, going up to nine mile lake camping and noticed that Echo lake next door has Atlantic Salmon. Any tips on catching one? Is it even possible this time of year? Any help would make me and the little one super happy. 
      Thanks,
      Andy
    • JBMasterAngler
      By JBMasterAngler
      Just got back from our annual Grand Marais trip! I don’t know, maybe I’m just getting old and cranky, but over the last several times I’ve been up there, I’ve been liking the town less and less. Getting too artsy, hippy, liberal for me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also sad to see the northshore getting absolutely “loved to death”! Has totally lost it’s up north feel.

Anyway, enough ranting. Fishing was terrible! Numbers and quality were way down. Aside from 2 smallies that barely scratched 17 inches (both were skinny), not even any medium bass were caught. Only caught a few small pike, and 1 walleye. As always, kids had fun catching sunnies from the dock at hungry jack lodge. By the way, we ate at their restaurant for the first time…AMAZING! Also fell in love with castle danger cream ale. Had fun on greenwood lake watching bass jump out of the water and catching dragonflies. There must have been a hatch going on, because they were everywhere! And every bass had fat little belly’s. The rainbow trout on kimball lake has fat belly’s too. They were gorging on mosquito larvae. Casting from shore on superior was actually productive…on the way up I caught a long nose sucker on a daredevil spoon. In front of our motel, I finally caught my first lake trout from superior! Anyway, overall it was still a fun trip. Did some hiking, mini golf, alpine slide. Didn’t see any moose, but we did see a bear and a wolf. 

As always, the people at Hungry Jack Lodge were great! I think we’re going to start staying there from now on.

• LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Walleyes were active this week.  Some warm weather hit the north country and the fish responded nicely.  Jigging with a live fathead minnow or frozen shiner vertically jigged or drifting spinners with a minnow or crawler in 15-29 feet of water has been the ticket for most walleye anglers.  
      Snelled spinners or harnesses work well all summer into the fall and also is a really good way to cover water.  They are also versatile as they can be fished shallow to deep.  1.0 - 1.25 mph is a good speed, as long as the spinner is spinning.
      Colors to start out with... hammered gold by itself or with another color, pink, glow red, orange and chartreuse.  All good colors in the stained waters.
      Trolling crankbaits is gaining steam with very good results.  A great way to cover water.  Get the lure where walleyes are living and hang on!
      On the Rainy River...   Some good walleye fishing on the river.  Most anglers fishing the river are locals or folks with smaller boats or on windy days.  Although many walleyes head back to the lake after the spawn, not all do!   There is 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth at Wheeler's Point to Birchdale which is 26 miles east of Baudette.
      Most anglers jigging with a minnow with spinners and crankbaits starting to perform well.  
      Multispecies in the river.  Smallmouth bass in rocky or slack water areas.  Pike in bays.  Sturgeon season opens again July 1st.  
      Up at the NW Angle...  Great walleye fishing continues around the Angle.  Fish coming from 14-25 feet of water.  A lot of fish being caught in the mud, but plenty around structure as well.
      Jigging with a minnow and drifting with spinners the go to methods.  Not as many anglers pulling crankbaits but they are working.  Much like the south end, Gold or gold mixed with another color has been effective this week.
      With the Canada border still closed, there are many ways to get up to the Angle.  
      1.  The LOW Passenger Service, charter boat shuttle service from the south end, is open and running.  2.  If you have the right boat and expertise, boating across is an option.  3.  And finally, Lake Country Air flying service, a float plane service out of Baudette and other locations.  

• Mastercaster
      By Mastercaster
      Anyone been out to Elephant lake lately? Water level up/down? Having any luck?
      The East Coast Boys will be heading up this Friday and on the Lake by Saturday (27th year), don't worry Russ & BR we will save a few for you (kinda like the backrow boys)................

• Dash 1
      By Dash 1
      Finally got out Thursday morning to wet a line. Pretty slow. Got 1 bass, 1 northern and a big catfish.  First time getting a cat there. Pulled like crazy and for some reason my dragged decided not to work properly. Luckily I didn’t break the line.  Lots of weeds floating at access. Had to do a lot of cleaning when I loaded up. Big thank you to the young lady checking for AIS. She helped get the weeds off, then I power washed it at home.  Good luck everyone.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Some excellent walleye fishing this week.  Guides did a nice job of being versatile a couple of days when the wind really blew.  Jigging with a live fathead minnow or frozen shiner vertically jigged in 14-29 feet of water has been the ticket for most walleye anglers.  
      Never discount trolling.  Some good reports of trolling crankbaits with very good results.  A great way to cover water where walleyes are living.  Mix up cranks with different shapes, sizes, wobbles and colors until you get dialed in.  Good to have everyone in the boat with a different lure to start out.
      Some popular crankbait colors to start out with...  pink UV Firetiger, Firetiger, chrome / blue, gold / orange.
      More big pike surprised unsuspecting walleye anglers this week.  When you get hooked up, hang on!
      On the Rainy River...   Some nice walleyes are being caught up and down the river in 8-15 feet of water.  A nice alternative to the lake for smaller boats and big blow days.
      Most anglers jigging with a minnow.  Spinners with crawlers and crankbaits are also a good option to cover water.  The river offers many species of fish in a setting second to none. 
      Sturgeon season opens again July 1st.  Summer sturgeon fishing doesn't get attention due to walleyes but it is productive and fun.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Great walleye fishing continues around the Angle.  Fish coming from 13-20 feet of water.  Anchored around neck down areas with a bit of current, points and around shoreline structure producing nice fish.
      Most anglers jigging with a minnow.  Gold / chartreuse is a good color this week.  Gold, glow colors and brighter colors in the stained waters are a solid choice.
      A complete list of lodging and fishing packages available in Baudette, on the Rainy River, south shore of Lake of the Woods and up at the NW Angle at www.fishingminnesota.com/Lodging

• JBMasterAngler
      By JBMasterAngler
      I only had a very short amount of time to fish this morning, so I went to the Apple River. Even though it’s pretty close, I never go here for the simple fact, the fishing is no good! I’m just amazed at the lack of fish holding structure this particular stretch has (Star Prairie). There’s no riffles, pools, boulders, undercut banks, nothing! It’s just fast water! I did catch 1 little rainbow, and lost 2 others. So it was nice to see at least a little sign of life in Apple.

• Djsnej123456
      By Djsnej123456
      Looking to head out kayak bass fishing with the gal here in the next couple weeks on lake independence. I have never been on the lake and would love some help to get her a few fish. Bass only. Thanks
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A great week of walleye fishing.  Jigging with a frozen shiner vertically jigged in 14-25 feet of water has been the ticket for most walleye anglers.  
      Some anglers locating fish shallow, especially in current areas or on a wind blown shoreline.  There are also good numbers of fish being caught anchored up in deeper water.  Different schools of walleyes are often tuned in to different bait, hence, not all walleyes are doing the same thing.  It is good to trust your electronics, try an area and if no luck, move on.  
      Jig colors, gold, orange, glow, pink, chartreuse or a mix of these colors on the same jig.
      Some good reports of trolling crankbaits where walleyes are roaming.  Crankbaits allow you to cover water and put your lure in front of a lot of walleyes.  Trolling shorelines, even if nobody else is, can produce good results.
      As is the case in a strong pike fishery, some big pike being caught but unsuspecting walleye anglers.  Many pike over 40 inches boated this week.
      On the Rainy River...   There is always a resident population of walleyes that live in the river even after the annual spawning run is over.  Some nice walleyes are being caught up and down the river.  
      Most are still jigging with a minnow.  Try current breaks or holes in the stretch of river you are fishing.  There are 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale 30 miles east of Baudette.  The river offers many species of fish in a setting second to none. 
      Up at the NW Angle...  Great walleye fishing this past week around the Angle.  Fish coming from 5 - 25 feet of water.  A big variance but fish the goto spots.  Neck down areas with a bit of current, points and deep edges of bays producing nice fish.
      Most anglers jigging with a minnow.  Gold and brighter colors in the stained waters have worked well.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Kettle
      Welcome Neiljack!
    • Neiljack
      I think 3500 lbs is too much.  Trailer your boat and head to a large open parking lot to practice accelerating, coming to a complete stop, making turns, and backing up. So if you are perfect in it then you should trailer it yourself otherwise there are some hauling company for boat. The more you practice handling your vehicle with your boat in tow, the more comfortable you will feel on the open road.
    • Neiljack
      Hello guys, sorry if i place my intro at wrong place because navigation was tough for me.
    • EyeWannabee
      Short arms make em look like 4# instead of 2 and 3# 😂
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Some good walleye fishing this week.  As many summer weeks, it was helpful to be versatile.  On the big lake, sometimes you have to play the wind, meaning, you have to be flexible where you fish.   The fish were there and some great catches this week.  Most fishing in 25-33 feet.  Some are still jigging.  Frozen shiners and leeches were both good this week.  With water temps in the mid to upper 60's, leeches and crawlers will heat up.   Spinners (otherwise called harnesses) with minnows, leeches or crawlers were all effective this week.  It is good to mix up colors and bait until you find the right mix.  Gold, glow, pink, orange, chartreuse or a combo of them are good colors in stained water.  More and more anglers trolling crankbaits with success.  Some have been trolling cranks since the opener but it seems most anglers wait till the water warms.  A great method to cover water and find cooperative fish.   On the Rainy River...   Some good summer fishing reports from the river.  Walleyes being caught jigging, pulling spinners and trolling crankbaits.  Current breaks and holes holding most fish.   Smallmouth bass in rocky areas, current breaks, bridge embankments and weed edges.  Lots of bass in the river.  Crankbaits, spinnerbaits and tube jigs are good lures to start with.   Pike are adjacent to weedlines, in slack water areas and in bays.  Working shorelines whether trolling or casting will normally produce nice fish. Sturgeon anglers, mark your calendars, sturgeon season opens again July 1st.   Up at the NW Angle...  Walleye fishing continues to be strong up at the Angle.  Fish coming from literally 5-33' of water.  Not every walleye is keying on the same food sources.  With structure, rocks, and mud, lots of variety at the Angle.  Jigging, spinners and cranks all producing.  Muskie season opens Saturday, June 19th.  Lots of nice fish already caught unintentionally as these predators like to eat.  Muskie anglers were forced to fish MN waters last year with the border closure were happily surprised with the size and quantity of fish on the MN side.  This year should be good. Pike hanging out in weedy bays.  Smallmouth relating to rocky points and reefs. With the Canada border still closed, there are many ways to get up to the Angle.   1.  The LOW Passenger Service, charter boat shuttle service from the south end, is open and running.  2.  If you have the right boat and expertise, boating across is an option.  3.  And finally, Lake Country Air flying service, a float plane service out of Baudette and other locations.      
    • PSU
      Does anyone have someone to recommend for mowing paths/lawn on an island (Frazer\Smarts Bay)?   I only have a DR Brush Mower system I am using right now (been through 2 old hand me down mowers (I'd love to get rid off, one is a John Deere).   Thanks for any insight   Andy 
    • Jaroberts28
      I wonder why the DNR still list Atlantic salmon??
    • SkunkedAgain
      Wow - that bass in the top pick is almost as big as you   😏
    • Jimmi2
      Hi, I went fishing yesterday and realized that I didn't know how to determine the quality of crayfish. Some are very green. This is normal?  Jimmi  employee monitoring
    • JBMasterAngler
      There haven’t been Atlantic Salmon in Echo Lake in over 40 years. It’s managed for rainbows and splake. While there is lots of shoreline to fish, a boat is better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.