• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

eyeguy 54

Panfish Pics

poliwhirl18

Impressive haul! 

Tom Sawyer
Posted (edited)

Dandy fish Jeff! Now that shoreline is definitely recognizable 😆

20200101_154849.thumb.jpg.c28619fb91118434cd34fffb901fb407.jpg

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

leech~~

Rick and eyeguy, lots of good size house out there. How thick was the ice you found? 

AlwaysFishing23

If only my last month of fishing has been that good! I’d call it total opposite of that. Wondering the same here! Yesterday there was a small lake I took a snowmobile ride to and was 2 half tons out there. Not more than 7-10” of ice. Half of that is crappy ice. 

• Thanks 1

IceHawk
25 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Rick and eyeguy, lots of good size house out there. How thick was the ice you found? 

Leech its 10-12 inches  in that area few 1/2 tons starting to show up. By end of next week I suspect a strong outpouring of vehicles and the bite will slowly subside. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

12ish didn’t see Chris post. 

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Wanderer

It’s so pretty it looks mounted already 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

Rick
19 hours ago, Rick G said:

Suspended 10ft  off bottom, over basin area. 4mm black tungsren with white finnesse style body

20200122_104249.jpg

Good grief that's a nice speck. Your photographer took an amazing shot too!

eyeguy 54

man did we drill again today. :)

123b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

eyeguy 54

Future monster if the catfish don’t eat it. Lol

6F3B2664-794C-4E2F-A5F9-9480006A91A7.jpeg

• Haha 1

leech~~
3 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

man did we drill again today. :)

123b.jpg

How many holes today?  By the looks of the size, may be you should have stayed home? 🤭

Rick

@Tom Sawyer, love those bright orange belly bluegills. Nice pic.🙂👍💙

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

22-25 feet and most  fish were 6 to 8 off bottom.  4 mm black widow maker tungsten with slug bug was great and also a newer beaver tail type bait from panfish plastics with a white striped jig can’t remember name. Key was the very very slow cadence again. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • l Love It 1

Wanderer

Nice fish!  Seems I’m hearing more comments lately about finicky fish.  That slow cadence is a good thing to remember.

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

sure is.  another thing that worked today was to go below them, then slowly come back above, stop then wiggle. crazy fish that's for sure. the smaller ones hammered it normal but the bigger ones were tricky.

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk
4 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

22-25 feet and most  fish were 6 to 8 off bottom.  4 mm black widow maker tungsten with slug bug was great and also a newer beaver tail type bait from panfish plastics with a white striped jig can’t remember name. Key was the very very slow cadence again. 

M & B jig either come with teaser tail or you can buy  the teaser tails. 

• Confused 1

Rick

@eyeguy 54 & @deere322

Outstanding crappie photo and nice bull gills.

Where did you get these babies?

• Thumbs Up 3

deere322
1 hour ago, Rick said:

@eyeguy 54 & @deere322

On a farm pond near Jeffers, Mn.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mike89
2 hours ago, Rick said:

@eyeguy 54 & @deere322

out behind the petrolliffs!!!!  bad spelling!!  but just thought that was funny!!!

monstermoose78
4 hours ago, Rick said:

@eyeguy 54 & @deere322

Out of an ice hole

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Fished several NE Wright county lakes got on some really nice bass with panfish jigs the smaller the better. Had a flurry for about half hour many largemouth caught. Then did a night bite for the crappies It really pays to move around. Also learned from some on the MInnow or not to minnow thread to upsize I used a small forage minnow spoon with 3-4 spikes that really was the ticket. Thanks all for the help everyone. The fish seem to me to be just starting to move a bit shallower with the warmer weather coming this weekend it should just get better. Most of the fish were in 12-17 feet of water.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Some big walleyes caught this week up at Lake of the Woods along with eaters and saugers.  Good fishing still happening 16 - 22 miles out on the ice and most reports are good.  Ice conditions on LOW remain excellent at around 30 inches where most are fishing.  Best colors vary but on sunny days gold has been consistent.  On cloudy days, glow pink, green, orange and chartreuse good colors.  Don't be afraid to downsize presentation if fish are not active.  Small spoon with a minnow head.  A plain hook with a small minnow can be very effective.  Electronics helping anglers catch suspended walleyes.  Pike are getting more active and anglers reporting good success.
      On the Rainy River...   The river is frozen over with snowmobile traffic on marked trail.  Some reports of local anglers catching a few walleyes in the river but most anglers hitting the lake.  Extra caution is always needed on the river, especially with higher current this year.  Thin ice around the International Bridge in Baudette.  Work through resort or know ice conditions if ice fishing the river as ice thickness varies.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing in full swing up at the Angle.  Resorts in 26 - 32' of water.  A mix of walleyes and saugers with some jumbo perch and pike in the mix.  The snowmobile trails from south shore to Angle in great shape.  Jigging with a bait with rattles has helped to pull in walleyes.  Fish houses on the ice through March 31st, walleyes and saugers open through April 14. 

• HoleHoppingGills
      By HoleHoppingGills
      Member only ...looking for some reports near Wright county area or even west and north of there.  Been fishing this small lake out near South Haven and been crushing 9.5 inch gills  and 12 inch crappies the last 2 months.  Went back last week after take a 2 week break and everything was suspended and tiny. Before everything was just off weeds deep and coming from botto....not sure what happened  but fish were loaded like a xmas on the flx28, maybe oxygen levels? First pic of the crappies took me and friend 1 hour and 20 holes... so much fun!!!!

• iiccee63
      By iiccee63
      💥💥💥Found a portable left on the ice 2/15/20 at about 4 30pm. Had been there over a day as it had snow drifted around it. If you can describe it, and where on the lake I would love nothing more to get it back to the owner. Thanks!!!!💥💥💥
    • Fishing Trend bD
      By Fishing Trend bD
      Net fishing in Asia is a traditional fishing method. I hope you enjoy.
      tilapia
      tilapia fishing
      tilapia fish catching
      Village fishing
      fish catching
      fishing videos
      fishing videos bd
      fishing bd
      unique fishing
      Catch fishing
      Daily Fishing Life
      fishing videos daily
      Top Fishing Videos
      bd Village fishing
      Best fishing
      best fishing videos
      fish and fishing
      big fish hunting
      fish lover
      Fish Hunting Videos
      Traditional Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Primitive Fishing BD
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Found this and would like to see your opinions....

The DNR is in the process of finalizing plans for the Quality Bluegill Initiative, revealed last summer in the hope of going public early this spring.

Implementation would happen in 2021. The goal was to greatly increase the number of lakes in the state with reduced limits for bluegills in hopes of growing bigger sunfish.

Big sunfish, as anybody who's dunked a worm knows, is among the rarest of fish in Minnesota. A true trophy, 10 inches or longer, might be tougher to catch than an eight-pound walleye. Decades of liberal bag limits, anglers keeping too many big fish and the belief that you could never "overfish" sunnies took their toll.

The DNR spent the past several months identifying between 200 and 250 lakes on which it can cut the current statewide 20-fish limit to 10 or five sunfish. Lakes on the list needed to meet certain criteria, including public support and the biological capability to grow big bluegills.

Jim Wolters, DNR's area fisheries manager in Fergus Falls, said there are 13 lakes in Otter Tail County and 5 in Becker County under consideration for reduced sunfish limits.

What do you think?
    • Chill62
      By Chill62
      Hoping to do a trip up to leech 21st of March. anyone have any suggestions on places to get onto the lake or areas to target? Have few rigs planned so should be able to get around. Any information greatly appreciated 

Thank you 
    • Fishing Trend bD
      By Fishing Trend bD
      This is another traditional fishing video and its very popular all over the world. Hope you enjoy.
      Watch and enjoy.
    • side_laker
      By side_laker
      Any one know if there is a plowed road out of Burntside and if there is where it goes out of 
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A lot of nice walleyes and saugers caught this week up at Lake of the Woods.  Many resorts traveling 16 - 22 miles out on the ice and most reports are very good.  Lots of big walleyes this week.  Ice conditions on LOW remain excellent.  Jig one line and don't be afraid to use noise such as rattles or vibration to draw fish in.  Have a deadstick with a live minnow in the second hole for neutral fish.  Best colors vary but gold, glow, green, orange and pink good colors.  Electronics tell you where fish are and how they are reacting to your bait and presentation.  Pike anglers already pulling some trophy fish.  Should only get better as month progresses.
      On the Rainy River...   The river is frozen over with snowmobile traffic on marked trail.  Some reports of good fish in the river.  Extra caution is always needed on the river, especially with higher current this year.  Thin ice around the International Bridge in Baudette.  Work through resort or know ice conditions if ice fishing the river as ice thickness varies.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Some great reports from the Angle this week.  Resorts in 26 - 32' of water.  The snowmobile trails from south shore to Angle in great shape.  Jigging spoons and Rippin Raps in one hole.  In second hole, plain red hook with live minnow working well.  Fish houses on the ice through March 31st, walleyes and saugers open through April 14.  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      Was nice to see those pics. Tight lines!
    • Borch
      From memory 10-15 fow.
    • Borch
      Mine popped Sunday and I was on the lake zipping up the pant leg on my ice suit.   Luckily it settled down because I was fishing either way.  😁
    • smurfy
      generally speaking how deep of water is the weed edge out there on that point?? i'm thinking looking at the lake map and Pauls road on the north side of that point. depends on if there is anyone else around that area!!?? I like being away and alone!!!!!
    • eyeguy 54
      You wounded too cret?It ain’t fun. 
    • Austin12345
      Lol I fished the same spot last weekend it is by far better after dark though so diffently try that spot for crappie after dark. Because it was good during the day but insane at night. There are some 12 inch plus ones in there to. 
    • monstermoose78
      Feel better soon cret we got gills to catch
    • Wanderer
      Naw, I just spit on it a little.  And I sorta mean that.  When I was out hole hopping the minnow head froze while I was trying my other baits (usually have 3 set ups handy).  A frozen minnow head floats on the hook so I had to thaw it out in my mouth and crunch the ice out of it with my teeth so it would hang right.  Yah - hard core heathen! 😄  Anything to save the hands I guess even though it was my last try before heading into warmth.
    • Jasopete
      I have Verizon and did not have cell service, did pick up service for about 5 minutes in the bay directly west of the resort one day, but could never find the spot again. 
    • jigginjim
      Nice walleye, I have caught several walleyes while fishing crappies. If there are smaller 4-6 inch crappies around there will be Walleyes not far away.  Lately several guys I have chatted with claim they see crappies on the Vex's but they won't bite.  I wonder if those are really shiners?  As there are lots of shiners in Buffalo lake, and several other lakes here in central Mn, have large amount of shiners roaming the lakes.  I use minnows in several different areas,  and sizes can make a difference as well.  If the crappies are biting good, even fatheads will work and take the bigger ones at that. if it's slow smaller minnows, down to a size 16 trout bug on a drop shot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.