• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Torsion axle repair?

Perchy

One of the torsion axles on my wheel house has broken and needs to be repaired. The axle assembly has been removed. The title says the frame was made by "Qual", never heard of them.  I live in southern Minnesota and am looking for someone who is knowledgeable about torsion half axle systems who can repair/replace this. Thank you n advance!

Torsion 1.JPG

Torsion 2.JPG

Torsion 3.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I know this is old but figured I would reply so you have more information and could possibly help me. I'd venture to guess this is made by Quality Fish Houses which was out of Underwood, MN. I just bought a 7x20 with 2 wheels per side. It was the display model that used to be traveled around. Unfortunately I cannot get into contact with the owner... My buddy bought it in 2003.  Anyhow, I am stuck trying to get mine to lower and neither side will go down. Curious if you were able to fix this and also if it was tough to get that whole axel out?

The manufacture told my buddy to take the cap of the axel off and get the bolt off interested the Icehouse then pound the axel out, I'm worries though to do this to 4 Axel's so wanted to know if you had feedback.

Thank you.

IMG_20180529_171133.jpg

• 11 months later...

I know one very valuable resource that will surely help you out in this trouble. They are Axle Surgeons of California, inquire about them and most probably they are available in many locations across the U.S. highly recommended and appreciated work of quality.