• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have used them all. Every brand. They all have good and bad qualities.

I now run a Milwaukee Fuel M18 with a Nils auger. Baby cuts great and Im surprised how many holes I get out of a battery.

With that said I have 2 gas augers for sale in the sale forum. Both like new. Run great. Take a look.

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to put a note out there about the Hypercoil recoils on the Eskimo Ice Augers. The problems with this recoil system are fixable, but there is a reason why they sell the replacement for $40 plus shipping....they are probably selling a replacement for every auger that they ever sold. My neighbor's broke...almost brand new....it would pull and recoil, but it would not spin the flywheel. I proceeded to take the recoil system apart and sure enough, a piece of plastic from the pulley wheel had broken off. The secondary recoil spring is a thick strong spring and just busted out the little piece of plastic that it was hooked to. I've gotten to be kind of an expert at reloading the recoil springs, so I tackled it and got it working like new. This was one of the toughest recoil springs I've encountered.  I should have made a video on it, but did not. If anyone needs any guidance and you are a cheapskate like me, I would be more than happy to give you some advice. Or you could send me yours and I could try to fix it for you.....but like I said, for $40 plus shipping you can order a brand new one.....might last or might not. I personally like to fix my stuff and most of the time it ends up being better than when it came from the manufacturer. Happy Fishing

• Thumbs Up 2

Running now with the Nils and Milaukee m18 fuel.  But still have my 8" lazer that was tweeked by northlander and myself. Which turned out faster yet

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ripstick said:

Running now with the Nils and Milaukee m18 fuel.

I’m anxious to try mine this weekend.  

Good to see post Ripstick. ?

Edited by Wanderer

On 1/4/2019 at 7:50 AM, Wanderer said:

I’m anxious to try mine this weekend.  

Dang!  That rig works sweet!  Buzzed holes today like never before today.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Things just keep getting better for the drill option. 

Milwaukee has added 9 and 12 amp hr batteries to their line up along with the 2804 drill with a more robust side handle.  The 2804 and 2704 are both 1200 in lb of torque. 

Ridgid introduced the Octane with 1300 in lbs of torque paired with a 9 amp hr battery. I've been running this setup for Nils on ice tests and adjustments.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I am running a Ryboi Brushless Hammer Drill (750 lb TQ) with 2 9ah batteries and a 6in Nils auger.  Last weekend, drilled about 20 holes through 12in of ice and still had 75% of my battey left.  Didn't have to touch the second battery.  Pretty happy with the setup, way easier to use and much lighter than my old SM lazer mag.  If I have problems with the Ryobi, I'll switch to the Milwaukee, but no problems so far.

Edited by CJH

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I messed up my Ryobi last winter and switched to the fuel for my nills. crazy nice! 

3 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I messed up my Ryobi last winter and switched to the fuel for my nills. crazy nice! 

You definitely get what you pay for, when it comes to power tools...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
55 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

You definitely get what you pay for, when it comes to power tools...

it was my fault on the ryobi.  did something I should not have done. it worked great with the nills