• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Das Booooot!

Jim Panfish Uran

Who let's their wife or girlfriend go out on the ice with them? lol I do! What kind of boots would work best for a cold footed gal like mine? She has an old pair of el cheapo's and I need to get a new pair for her. 

How about the guys? What are you wearing?

Lacrosse hunt pac for us. They only come in men's, but I got her the smallest size they come in (8). A little big for her but she just wears thicker socks.

We both used to get cold feet - these boots are crazy warm. Only complaint is they are pretty bulky, but it's a small price to pay for warm feet.

IMG_0288.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I am wearing a pair of cabelas breaks boots with 1200 grams of insulation. I had a pair Irish setters but I wore the bottom off after 12 years. It sucks having huge feet.

for your lady it comes down to will she be walking in them or sitting? If she will be mostly sitting and fishing a pack boot like my brother got with 2000 grams of insulation 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wear lacrosse ice kings. Warmest boots I have ever owned. They might make a version for women.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Kelly Oman said:

I wear lacrosse ice kings. Warmest boots I have ever owned. They might make a version for women.

Yes they do make then for Women. My wife has them and I have the Ice Kings. Great for all day on the ice or below sledding.

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 2

Cabela's Predator Extreme!

Warmest boot that I have ever worn!

Get 1 size larger then you usually wear! Bulky but very warm while sitting on the ice or deer stand!

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 4

Hodgman Super tempking, bought them in 1995 still the warmest boots i have ever owned. a bit bulky but warm for 10+ hours on the ice..

• Thumbs Up 1

Steager Muclucs are by far the best I have ever owned. Right now I'm wearing Muc Boots arctic sports with a thermacell liner for those break the chill moment. 

I have purchased the thermacell for my daughter as well. Increased the enjoyment of hunting/ice fishing x100

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Cliff Wagenbach said:

Cabela's Predator Extreme!

Warmest boot that I have ever worn!

Get 1 size larger then you usually wear! Bulky but very warm while sitting on the ice or deer stand!

Cliff

Just picked up a pair of these a couple weeks ago.  On sale, $60 off retail.  Pretty happy with them and haven't even thought about my feet when wearing them.  I expected them to feel a little clunky but took the chance.  I don't think they're clunky at all.  I've pulled my ice gear for hundreds of yards and the only problem I had was having a rub at the top of the liner on my leg due to not having high enough socks on.  I cured that problem, now all is well.  Cliff is right, get 1 size larger than you normally would.  

A woman recommended these boots to me if that tells you anything you want to know.

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Neighbor_guy said:

Steager Muclucs are by far the best I have ever owned. Right now I'm wearing Muc Boots arctic sports with a thermacell liner for those break the chill moment. 

I have purchased the thermacell for my daughter as well. Increased the enjoyment of hunting/ice fishing x100

Mukluks have been my favorite in the past too.  I bought my wife a pair but she doesn't move around enough when fishing outside to make them work like they should.

I also went the Thermacell route a couple years ago for my insulated rubber boots for wet conditions.  It's really nice to click em on with the remote and get toasty toes again.  A great option for staying warm in smaller, less insulated boots.

I bought the PAC boots noted above partly because I lost track of the Thermacells after our move.  But like usual, I found them again two days after in my fishing coat that I hadn't worn this season yet!

• Thumbs Up 2

Instant 100 or 110deg heated insoles with the tap of a button. IMG_4456.JPG

the only problem is if you loose the remote your up a creek. Each pair of insoles is paired to a remote at the factory. Lose one the other is worthless. 

I use them primarily for my waders in the fall, but they are great for when your sitting still in the deerstand or fishhouse too. And easy to shut off when your active.  

• Thumbs Up 1

You'd think they'd make a darn easier remote system. That's a lot of coin to lose in one whack lol

• Thumbs Up 1

It's so you and everyone around you can have a set and only control your own. If they went to a cheaper radio remote system then only one person in the house would have control of everyone else. 

There is a less expensive model that doesn't use a remote but you have to obviously take your boot off to turn it off/on.  I didn't want to do that even though they're thermostatically controlled.

I wanted to be able to manage the battery life better with the remote.

Funny thing was I never lost track of the remote - just the insoles for a while!!!

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lol yeah I can see us losing that dang thing, but maybe not. I think buying something like that would make you keep track of it lol.  She does have a bad case of cold feet, maybe the insoles would be better than any boot could do for her anyways. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like to try a pair. the black ones are this years model?

Edited by Jighead4914
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jighead4914 said:

I would like to try a pair. the black ones are this years model?

I bought the black pair at least 2 years ago, shortly after they hit the market.  I think there were 3 different models ranging from $99 - $179 if memory serves.  Non remote, remote with on/off (Neighbor guys), remote with high/low/no heat and removable batteries (the black ones I posted).

Not sure what might've changed in the past couple years but that's what I remember.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks Wanderer, they look like they would be great to have. i mite do what Jims thinking about doing and buy a pair for my girl.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing says I Love You better than expensive gifts. :D  They'll like 'em.

They might even like them better than some jewelry!  Maybe not diamonds though.

• Thumbs Up 2

This will cover you for the lack of flower deliveries lol. But in all honesty, these seem like a no brainer. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Neighbor_guy said:

Muclucs are for trendy Granola eaters who have to much money and want to look cool around town! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Muclucs are for trendy Granola eaters who have to much money and want to look cool around town! :lol:

There's nothing wrong with looking good!

You should try it sometime! :lol::boom:

• Thumbs Up 2