• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
2 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

not sure if I would join a club that would have me as a member... ;) 

You get out fishing a lot and know how to find em!

• 2 weeks later...

Went fishing with @eyeguy 54 @IceHawk And @Bass Thumb. The big crappies are on the munch and I was hungry. Fishing 7-10 feet as these big fish are moving shallower. Thank you to these guys for bringing a monstermoose along. The chicken tender sandwich was awesome and the beer was cold. Anyone else get out fishing?

101F994E-6677-4AB0-B780-39E34EFE1A1C.jpeg

13E53A4E-1471-4C2D-9B09-007FCD72BF57.jpeg

A84DABC4-1FBC-477B-9F93-51109A614EB7.jpeg

AA3E9108-79D9-4A0E-895C-BB1938A07AB4.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

slab steaks!  mmmm !   fun day for sure moose. 

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Had a great time out there with you guys. The catching is a bonus the friendships, laughs and memories are what its about for me. Those are going to make some good eats. Looking forward to doing it again soon. 

• Thumbs Up 2

they ate great. The neighbor lady was so excited to have fresh fish I gave her 6 filets. I ran 6 filets down to my grandma. Well the rest were fried up in beer batter. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Went over and fished with the St. Cloud guys again. Well the fish showed us up and we did not catch to many. We even had the secret weapon Rick G with this time. I caught a few just one keeper sized fish which I donated to the bucket of one of the guys. Not sure how many ended up in the bucket as I had to head home to get my chores done. 

Snow drifts suck!! It’s not that far of a walk from my dads house to the field, but it took me awhile, because the drifts were deep. Finn came with me to get some exercise and was having a blast finding pheasants he jumped 6. 4 were hens which is great to see back there and he jumped one ruffed grouse from under a pine tree by my blind. Not as much turkey sign as I was expecting just a few tracks. I think they could walk on the crusted snow and not leave any tracks. It’s now nap time for Finn and I.

Went ice fishing this evening from 430-630 and they were biting like crazy. 11-17 feet of water with most of the fish in 11-13 feet. Best bait was a xl jig in orange and a white mayfly. Still 28 inches of ice and only 2 inches of snow on it.

21700667-EFE6-488A-9B43-6EE8257F78D1.jpeg

A7AD5892-09C4-42C3-BFE9-A5258EEEBB5D.jpeg

AE000E62-AA7B-4E5F-9E6C-0807F8318252.jpeg

B9BF9D4A-CEC8-4017-830E-05D7B56EBD9A.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

Not much for turkey action yet ok nothing but the pheasants are having fun. Also it’s very cold sitting in the blind.

Sure glad you had some help moose and all turned out well ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Spending some time in the turkey blind as it’s on solid ground. Had some jakes behind me but they don’t want to play. It’s okay as the have a free pass for now. In a couple weeks they will not have a free pass. If they would have come out I would have taken some photos. Lots for noise as everything is excited by the warm weather.

E9643961-28CE-4460-8539-CABB6FD5C650.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Word has it crappies are showing up in some places along the shorelines. Boat channels are good places to look.

Hear if any lakes are ice free in the Cambridge area yet?

I also went through on a lake in central mn moose, was trying to skirt around edge of rushes to get to better ice and found a weak spot, luckily I could grab the rushes and pull myself out was only 2 fow but another 2ft of mud. I was solo so made for a quick and final fishing trip ha.

Edited by WallyGader

17 minutes ago, WallyGader said:

Hear if any lakes are ice free in the Cambridge area yet?

I also went through on a lake in central mn moose, was trying to skirt around edge of rushes to get to better ice and found a weak spot, luckily I could grab the rushes and pull myself out was only 2 fow but another 2ft of mud. I was solo so made for a quick and final fishing trip ha.

Glad you are ok. I will be out checking some lakes this week as most still had some ice on them, but if it hits 80 today and the rain it should open some up.

Rush lake as of yesterday still ice. Long lake and Stanchfield lake in Grady wide open. Fannie and Skogman looking like today or tomorrow. Hi Mike nice looking kids.

Thanks for heads up rum, trying to sneak out a evening after work to make sure i didnt mess up installing new impeller, or that' my excuse to get on the water again anyway ?

Way to go @Barbelboy !! 

Ice is off most the lakes now. The crappies and gills are hitting shallow bays to feed. Get out there and have some fun. Please let us know how you did. You don’t need to say the lake but some details would be great to help others get some fish. Pictures are awesome too

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Way to get the kiddos out on some good sucker fishing. Good way to make some great memories. 

9 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Way to go @Barbelboy !! 

Ice is off most the lakes now. The crappies and gills are hitting shallow bays to feed. Get out there and have some fun. Please let us know how you did. You don’t need to say the lake but some details would be great to help others get some fish. Pictures are awesome too

I will be out Monday somewhere either long lake or green will give a report when I get back

• Thumbs Up 1

I went out on Saturday morning but I did not do any panfishing.  I mostly went out to get my boat in the water before opener and to make sure everything was running properly.  I'm not the person that's gonna wait until the opener to start up my outboard, livewell, electronics, etc.  Don't be THAT guy

Edited by gimruis

Didnt do much fishing but didnt find any crappies  

was on long lake they didnt have the boat ramp dock out.

EFC042BD-C474-44FB-8F52-1DFD7AEF0551.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

please check out the fishing report clubs. I believe the first few members can get in free. I hope you are all doing well fishing and hunting. I look forward to reading your reports. 

If you any questions just ask.

thank you,

monstermoose

The walleye bite is heating up around the area. Bass are on the beds and panfish are keeping most anglers busy. Remember the new pike regs are in place now. Good luck and let’s hear some reports and see some more photos!! Thank you to all that check my reports. I am off to get some fishing in. 

I went out on Saturday for about 5 hours and my friend and I caught a lot of crappies but they were mostly all dinks (8-10 inchers).  We only caught 4 of them over 10 inches.  Plus a few small bass and one pike.  We released all of them.  Water temp was right around 60, a little warmer up shallow in a bay.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, gimruis said:

I went out on Saturday for about 5 hours and my friend and I caught a lot of crappies but they were mostly all dinks (8-10 inchers).  We only caught 4 of them over 10 inches.  Plus a few small bass and one pike.  We released all of them.  Water temp was right around 60, a little warmer up shallow in a bay.

Thanks for the update

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did not get a turkey this year but I sure had a blast hunting for them. Lots of close calls but just never got a shot. 

Fishing the rum river before the rain was hot and the local lakes are doing well. Check out the fishing clubs section as many very skilled anglers post extremely detailed reports. 

Come on guys let’s hear some reports?