• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

• 2 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Well every year I get excited for turkey ? season, but this year it’s really bad I need the outdoors to clear my mind!!

CA000D5C-DAA5-479E-A0C2-DC8B82BB8D0A.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Hang in there. Get out for a walk every day. 

43 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Hang in there. Get out for a walk every day. 

I have with Finn

• Thumbs Up 2

I hear the suckers are on the move!! Crappies and gills are hitting the shallows to feed. Turkeys are moving around so watch out.

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

No turkeys moving yet! 

69AAB100-CE01-4C0B-8B77-53A4C0A71C53.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I give you credit... I'm too impatient for that. I would likley shoot my decoys out of sheer boardum ?

• Wow, ❤ 1
  • Yayyyy 2

Panfish are in the shallows.  I caught probably 100 crappies, sunfish, and perch combined on Saturday afternoon in about 3-4 feet of water.  I was initially using a minnow but switched to a small plastic after I realized they would bite that just as willingly.  Mostly dinks but was constant action and was nice to get the boat wet again.  Water temp was 45-50 degrees.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sat until the wind picked up.

2D58A5CB-DB3D-4493-B188-74D851DF9242.jpeg

4BE00B8D-0993-4F4B-8A50-581D310341FD.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

49 minutes ago, smurfy said:

? where you planning on tilling afterwards???? nice pics.

No the neighbor has corn and a clover patch

26 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

No the neighbor has corn and a clover patch

I asked because I seen what looks like a tiller in the background of your decoy.?

3 minutes ago, smurfy said:

I asked because I seen what looks like a tiller in the background of your decoy.?

That tiller tossing a rod 

Well this weekends show Was 3 hens and no toms or jakes, but it was awesome to be hunting. 

AE7F4817-5EA4-4D98-951F-8D0E667B73C4.jpeg

1C260D74-385F-4EE8-9A26-D6F52B40FE2F.jpeg

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

The hens are out the screen window 

Good to see you @Cret Jigs !! To bad the fish were not bigger.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tons of panfish in the shallows now.  Fished Blue Lake on Saturday for a few hours.  Crappies, sunfish, a few perch.  One after the other.  Used small artificial plastics the whole time.  Biggest crappie I caught was 11.5 and the biggest sunfish was 7.5 inches.  I released all of them fully alive to complete the spawning process.

I'm on a quest to catch a 15+ inch crappie but I don't think any exist in these local waters to be honest with all the pounding they get late winter and spring, year after year.  I am going to have to target a bigger body of water for this.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gimruis said:

Tons of panfish in the shallows now.  Fished Blue Lake on Saturday for a few hours.  Crappies, sunfish, a few perch.  One after the other.  Used small artificial plastics the whole time.  Biggest crappie I caught was 11.5 and the biggest sunfish was 7.5 inches.  I released all of them fully alive to complete the spawning process.

I'm on a quest to catch a 15+ inch crappie but I don't think any exist in these local waters to be honest with all the pounding they get late winter and spring, year after year.  I am going to have to target a bigger body of water for this.

There are 15 inchers locally but I ain’t saying anything else 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

That's fair.  I wouldn't expect anyone to give up their honey holes for super slabs, especially if its a smaller sized body of water.  I fish Lake Minnetonka a couple times every spring and I know for a fact it has enormous crappies because I see them with my own eyes in person at the crappie contest weigh in every spring.  I just have to keep looking in there I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Head west young man...

Well more like WNW.  The Ottertail county lakes have some tankers in them.  I have some smaller lakes up north that kick a few out but keep those close to the vest.  Also, use lakefinder survey info to identify lakes with potential.   A few with white crappies have trophy potential.   I stuck this 16 1/2" white a few years ago late ice.   As far as I know she's still swimming out there.Screenshot_20191218-205200_Gallery.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

This hen came in and put on a show. It’s getting hot in the blind

129B9AEE-B11B-4CBE-B15B-E80DA105AFFC.jpeg

F365F20D-4A3C-4C81-901E-6DB479D18015.jpeg

1DB195D8-C568-48BD-83FB-1FABAD3DAC59.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

On 5/2/2020 at 10:53 AM, Borch said:

Head west young man...

Well more like WNW.  The Ottertail county lakes have some tankers in them.  I have some smaller lakes up north that kick a few out but keep those close to the vest.  Also, use lakefinder survey info to identify lakes with potential.   A few with white crappies have trophy potential.   I stuck this 16 1/2" white a few years ago late ice.

10-4, I'll keep that in mind but since I don't ice fish it will have to be done on soft water.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

They are still around in those places but many have small or primative accesses.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the rum for the first time in about 25 years. Went out at Walbo. Got rained on mostly. Just 1 fish. 

342D5201-3233-48C3-9479-719D5133DF26.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1
  • l Love It 2

That stretch always seems like it should be awesome but has been more miss than hit for me.  Still fun times.  ?

Yeah, talked to a couple other people and they didn’t catch anything either. Definitely looks like a stretch that should be loaded with northerns. I was going to check out the county 14 access on the way home, but just didn’t feel like it...was considering fishing it tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I hunted just about every weekend during this turkey season and some days during the week. I just could not get a jake or Tom to come and play. Until this morning I was watching a buck and two yearlings all morning they just never presented a good photo opportunity. I was calling and I hear a gobble!! O yeah I get the crossbow Set up for an easy pick up. I look to the west and see a deer looking into the woods. I look to the east and see two turkeys making a bee line to me. At 50 yards I can’t see a beard on either of them, but I pick the crossbow up and get ready. The first turkey has a little beard at 20 yards I can see it. They go out sight and he comes up next to the blind and heads out 3-4 yards. That tiny beard looks like 15 inch rope at this point in my season and turns to give me a spine shot. Game over a full hunting season used and   Turkey ? wild rice soups is cooking!! 

2815AD74-D61C-4D8F-9B90-10DFED5A596B.jpeg

44DA0524-D9AA-44BF-BC00-E3DA03AAA51A.jpeg

83D31062-F738-44FA-AD73-D3A5FE42E36E.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1
  • l Love It 1

Sounds like you got your money’s worth!

I hunted 3 afternoons in the C season is all, due to being too busy with work and projects or too tired/lazy to get up in the morning.  Didn’t take any time off work to chase with all the COVID stuff going on.  The bird I did get was one one the easiest birds I’ve ever taken on the first day of the last season.  

I guess what I’m saying is you EARNED that bird and should rightfully be proud!

• Thumbs Up 1