• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
On 2/2/2020 at 8:01 AM, Cret Jigs said:

Went out on Blue lake .... The sunnies were biting every where.   Most where on the smaller size but was still fun.   Moved to deeper water .... SUNNIES ... they where all over it seemed.  Just know size.  Maybe a few border liners.  But for a quick 1-2 hours at midday, hey it was fun.    Tried a small lake close bye and it was very slow 1 hour before dark to dark.  weird.  see ya all out on the water ... gotta go get on the 4 wheeler and get out there :)

Cret we need to go fish soon

• Thumbs Up 1

Please try to toss those gills 8 inches or bigger back. If you get that trophy fish put it on the wall. 7-8 inch gills are sure good to eat. This will help or lakes by putting those big gills back and remember eating a 10 inch gill is like eating a 30 inch walleye. Crappies over 12 are fun to catch but but keep the ones under that size. 

okay okay enough with the preaching hot bites below:

Green Lake has a good crappie bite going out in the basin. Move until you mark them.

Lori lake has been giving up some water gills and crappies.

Little Elk has some gills and crappies lots of sorting but action. 
Elk Lake has been giving up some nicer crappies from the Briggs chain. 
Lske FRANCIS still has some nice fish but you need to cover ground to get them.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • I Like it 1

Personally I prefer to eat 8-8.75 inch gills. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Personally I prefer to eat 8-8.75 inch gills. 

You fish lakes that have bigger fish and less pressure than around me. You don’t find many gills over 8 inches here

• I Like it 1

2 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

You fish lakes that have bigger fish and less pressure than around me. You don’t find many gills over 8 inches here

Oh moosy.... less pressure... no,  not by a long shot. And if you looked harder, you might find better fish? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

1 minute ago, Rick G said:

Oh moosy.... less pressure... no,  not by a long shot. And if you looked harder, you might find better fish? 

O yeah rick more pressure over here

• Yayyyy 1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, monstermoose78 said:

Cret we need to go fish soon

No doubt .... thinking about hitting green lake Saturday maybe

• I Like it 1

Fished with tview a while back. I was thinking of going up north to meet up with Borch but it’s dang cold

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

55 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

Fished with tview a while back. I was thinking of going up north to meet up with Borch but it’s dang cold

You maybe should go out and fish with Jeff.... being its your advice they are following.lol? just sayin' .... and being some other VERY good anglers struck out.

• I Like it 1
  • Yayyyy 1

get out there and catch em guys!  And post pics so I can see what I am missing. ????

1 hour ago, monstermoose78 said:

I was thinking of going up north to meet up with Borch but it’s dang cold

You are kinda chubby... wont get cold? Now get your azz out and meet up w Jeff and his brother.

Edited by Rick G

1 hour ago, Rick G said:

You maybe should go out and fish with Jeff.... being its your advice they are following.lol? just sayin' .... and being some other VERY good anglers struck out.

I am sick ? with a temp of 101.2 ain’t happening today. I was going to fish panfish and then head to Mille Lacs with my brother. I let them both know it is not happening today.

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow, ❤ 1

9 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

I am sick ? with a temp of 101.2 ain’t happening today. I was going to fish panfish and then head to Mille Lacs with my brother. I let them both know it is not happening today.

????? wtf.... you better get to hospital... severe symptoms of being  full of ?

• Yayyyy 1

10 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Hey Moose, wound up going to Harelson bay ... Lake Minnetonka.   Size was pretty decent.  Caught some Crappies And Sunnies.   Took home 6 nice crappies and 1 Large-mouth bass.  Lunch tomorrow :)  

• I Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You didn't miss anything Moose.  Pulled the pin and hit another lake with much better results. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

On 2/8/2020 at 9:55 AM, Rick G said:

????? wtf.... you better get to hospital... severe symptoms of being  full of ?

I've heard that sickness is very hard to cure ? good luck goose

• Yayyyy 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went fishing with a friend and we hit up a lake that is known to have some big fish. The first few hours I got it handed to me. I caught a few perch and no gills. We moved all over the lake and spilt up to cover more ice faster. I remembered fishing the lake with my grandpa and we fished near a shore line by two big pine trees. I think my grandpa was guiding me as that is where we found fish. It was not lights out but they were nice gills. 

I kept 8 gills for a old guy I normally see fishing but I have not seen him all winter. I  called his son-in-law and he picked up the fillets and delivered them for me. “Remember to take care of those old guys as one day you will be the old guy!” Grandpa Rudy told me!!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • I Like it 1

Went out yesterday on Baxter ... no one out there ... landing in good shape ... drilled a bunch of holes where i've done good in the past ... NOTHING ... did not mark one fish.   Got on the wheeler and headed out to Blue.   North landing in rough shape now.  was able to go around on the wheeler and get out to 12 feet ... and Sunny after sunny.  Went to 15-16 feet;  Boom daddy!   Crappies!!   caught a few on different plastics but they wanted the green moon jig with smaller minnow dead sticken!   was not planning on keeping fish but would have caught my limit and every one was a keeper with the biggest 12.25"   average was around 9.5 -10".    Going to give it a shot this morning for a few hours and that will be it as that North landing don't have much left for a wheeler and would not try a truck!!    

• I Like it 1
  • l Love It 2

Way to go Cret!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

The turkeys are moving drive carefully 

• Thanks 1

Went out to break in the shotgun and boy I was shooting way off mark at them crows. Finn sat there watching and shaking his head as I unloaded multiple times. It was fun to shoulder the shotgun again. Might try again tomorrow 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Huh, crows.  Interesting.  Never thought about them as a spring shoot type bird.

In prime breeding colors I bet! ?

I watched a dad gum black squirrel take a hideout in one of my new wood duck boxes tonight.  I think I’ll have words with him tomorrow.

Edited by Wanderer
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • l Love It 1

Way to kick that sucker out wanderer

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Wow, ❤ 1