• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
11 hours ago, gimruis said:

4-7 inch bluegills?  5-7 inch crappies?  That's downright terrible.

It sure was nice to get out and I caught a lot of fish so I was happy !!

• 5 months later...

Well the bucks are starting to run around a little more the bachelor groups are breaking up. Geese are in town and ducks are sitting in some flooded fields. Pheasants look to be doing well and turkeys. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

Finally got around to putting the trail cam up this past weekend. We will see whats floating around our property. I agree that the pheasant numbers seem to be looking good. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

I had a tremendous pheasant season last year in the east-central zone.  When I was turkey hunting this spring, I still saw a lot of them.  That was before the reproductive cycle in June.  I think its going to be gangbusters this season once the crops are gone.

• I Like it 1
  • l Love It 1

Got some woodies today!! 

FC19AFF4-771F-4566-9401-5BC47DB4C637.jpeg

• l Love It 1

It’s duck killing time tomorrow morning!! Reports to follow!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

One down missed the other of the pair

• Wow, ❤ 1

Well I should have had a loner goose but I suck! I think this is the hen I knocked last Sunday.

AA29A419-3341-487D-AE89-6D73842EA6B4.jpeg

5EF3E75E-34A3-464B-8E08-E7B5591EDF5F.jpeg

6780C7CF-00E4-4746-9DDF-3ACA804B597B.jpeg

907FBC04-3E00-491B-B37D-B00FCAE53FCF.jpeg

• l Love It 1

Went hunting with a great friend that I meet on here today. The rain shortened the hunt but it was great to get out with a friend. No shots were fired but stories were shared and it was a great hunt without a bird being shot at. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

Well the rain has Finn and staying in bed this morning. We may go the jump some ponds later.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

We were up at 3 after going to bed at midnight.  Thunder and heavy rain put us back down too.  Break in the heavy rain now - I better wake the guys up.  My headache from the nose punch my buddy’s lab gave me earlier hasn’t gone away yet. ?

Not the morning we’ve been looking forward to.

• Wow, ❤ 1

Right

Went to the pond nothing sitting on it but had one a pair buzz by and flock 15-20 just out of range I thought they were circling back but nope

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

Ended the day with 2 woodies and 2 mallards for 2 guys.  First day in we don’t remember how many years I’ve legitimately hunted ducks this particular buddy of mine.  The buddy that I’ve been tight with since grade school.  That alone made a good day.

Learned his new duck boat rig better, tried out new decoy rigs and a new lake.  Three set up changes before we finally got the 4 birds we did.  There’s more to be had though and we’ll go back after em tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • l Love It 1

I got the first single feathers fly and that duck made of steel kept going for a mile flying and more. Another tougher than steel number 2 shot and 25 yards. Finn looked me like what the heck. Then a pair of drakes came by unloaded and nothing. Then another pair two hens and bam whacked the first one and shot behind the second one. Had a couple more buzz by without a shot being fired. 

3CF6BE5E-FE1C-44F2-93F5-7045073AF749.jpeg

4A0AAA73-282D-4FCB-B6B4-A02142D88008.jpeg

09649107-DA69-4B73-9CA6-D774592CBE65.jpeg

C719BDDE-7BBF-4BB2-A165-77CA0D5B7D08.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Well ya got some shooting anyway and Finn got a swim!

Only 3 rigs this morning on the lake we went to; less than half of yesterday’s total.  Not many birds flying.  We got to shoot twice and pulled in 2 BTW and 1 woodie.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

Well I shot bad today but I had a blast and Finn was happy.  I missed some greenwings shot in front of them. The had some ringers whiz by and I shot behind them. Never got a shot a the woodies as the are sneaky but that hooded merganser  I nailed that sucker. Finn is making the retrieve and a flock of 13-15 ringers dropped on top of Finn. The look on his was o crap dad what do I do!. Heard lots of ducks flying over and lots of shooting. 

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

So yer sayin’ ya might have some new birds in?

Yep it seemed like it

• I Like it 1

Going to start getting the ice gear ready!! Who else is thinking about ice season?

• Wow, ❤ 1

Does bringing the wheel house home from Ely count? ? 

I’ll admit I’ve been looking at some used gear for sale.  Would like and 8 inch Nils bit for my drill. 

I’m craving a return trip to Ely to try a couple lakes I don’t normally fish.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

I want to find a 8 inch nils too

Yeah, I’ve unofficially retired my gear for season. Ice season is on the mind. I’m shopping around for a new ice suit right now. Also bought a new vexilar this summer that’s itching to get out of the box for the first time. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1
  • Yayyyy 1

27 minutes ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Yeah, I’ve unofficially retired my gear for season. Ice season is on the mind. I’m shopping around for a new ice suit right now. Also bought a new vexilar this summer that’s itching to get out of the box for the first time. 

Exciting JB!! 

I sent my boat in to get winterized yesterday.  Unless I get invited to go in someone else's boat before November, I won't be going again until next spring. ?

Finn and I went hunting to clear out our minds today! Hit the woodduck call and instant screams I shoulder the gun and a double! Finn got the drake and went get the hen and she dove on him! Maybe she will be out in the pond Saturday! 

A017C983-87F5-4913-8021-6E11F4ECFB8C.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Intended for a different thread @Barbelboy?

I think so