• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trucks on 7" of Mille Lacs Ice

Bass Thumb

Folks, don't be the guy that puts his truck in the drink. There's only 7" of ice out there.

That didn't stop the person I saw driving out there today on the flats. There was also a set of truck tracks heading out from the Garrison access that were at least a few days old.  :/

Bass Thumb

We must have been around each other. I was on Garrison Bay this afternoon as well.  Measured 5-8" of variable ice where I was. 

Yes, I also saw those tracks you speak of.  

Got a 17" walleye and a small pike in 11-12'.  Pretty slow.

That's pretty crazy.  I was up on Red last week, out of Bearpaw, and Tyler said one of his test holes only had 7'' of ice....of course, there are guys driving all over the place up there with half-tons (or more) and big houses behind. If someone hits the patch of ice he found, down they'll go. 

You won't see me driving out there.  I haven't even used a four-wheeler yet.  

6 hours ago, Stick in Mud said:

You won't see me driving out there.  I haven't even used a four-wheeler yet.  

I'd be okay bringing a four-wheeler out there now. I just stopped carrying my chisel a week ago when I stopped finding areas with less than 6" of ice. The thickest ice I've seen is 8".