• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• CigarGuy
      Might have to invest in some. Thanks
    • Wanderer
      Chains are a game changer too and cheaper.  Not as effective as tracks but still huge.
    • CigarGuy
      Would be nice, but $$$. Probably stick to my portable
    • Mike89
    • CigarGuy
      Thanks. Wonder if 4x6 would work better. I was thinking of 2x6 for skids. I got a side by side a couple years ago and got it stuck in some hard pack snow, I'm afraid to go on the lake now with too much snow and packed down snowmobile tracks. I have winches on the front and back, but too much work digging them out when you get stuck, especially after having the heart attack in Sept.
    • JerkinLips
      4'w x 8'L x 6.5'h.  1/2" plywood floor and roof with 2x3 framing.  2x4 for skids (bottom smooth with 1/8" plywood).  1/8" plywood walls with 2x2 frame and 1.5" styrofoam insulation.  It weighs about 120-130 pounds.   First year I pulled it out about 4 miles and had to pack a trail back to easily pull it off the lake with my snowmobile (studded track) in the morning when the snow was hard at the end of the season.  If I got chains for the Polaris Ranger I am sure that would pull a lot better.
    • StateofHockey
      Ice conditions at Moccasin point. Just a reminder to be very careful in and around channels. While I measured 4 1/2" around the corner from Moccasin point, if a guy went straight off the boat landing into the channel area he would very likely break though the thin ice due to currents.
    • Wanderer
      Nothing new for this year yet but am getting itchy to get out.  I need to get my 6 inch Nils auger bit tuned up.  I guess I do have a new 8.0 Ah battery for my drill this year to go with the two stock 5’s.   18 Ah oughtta get some ice shredded. 😁
    • jim curlee
      Found  a dandy 1956 in 308. The wife likes it, says she'd like one too. She would like one in a smaller calibre, 243, etc. I still have cash, also have a couple of Colt SA 22 handguns I could do some trading with. Thanks Jim
    • slipperybob
      Seems like, pretty much nothing significant has changed.  Except for braids, as they have achieved the next level with SK71 standard and with new weaving and other treatments a few years ago.   I use a bunch of variety.  The one with the least temperature change is......ASSO.  Then again they are dedicated ice fishing lines so they do come in small spools only.  Which is a total bummer if thinking about spooling for open water.  The strongest is still Stroft GTM, but it's a little more stiff in comparison to a lot of other softer lines.  These are specialty lines so you won't just run to the store and find them. Braids, the availability of 8 strands in smaller #test that are useful for ice fishing.  But wait, Sufix has just released this year 131 G-core braid.  That's 12 strands plus 1 core braid.  Now I wonder how much performance merits it will have.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.