• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Cobra

Any reports on Longville or Hackensack area lakes?

ZachD

I'm heading up Friday for new years will report when I get back

Cobra

Thanks!

Good luck!

ZachD

You know ice conditions Longville area?

Coach1310

My son and I were on a smaller lake by Pine River yesterday.  I would say ice was between 10-12" where we were.  Thanks to the freezing rain on Christmas, there is a crust on top as well.

ZachD

I think I will be bringing the sled

ANYFISH2

Fished mule on Saturday, caught plenty on smaller sunfish, keeping 5 7"-8" for a meal.  A few decent crappies mixed in but not many.

Fish where in 8-10 ft.of water in standing weeds.

• Thumbs Up 1

sartellangler05

Hows the ice? Looking to go just 2 mi north this weekend on Wasburn...

ANYFISH2

Ice was good for 4 wheelers 15 in or so.  Ice was solid on Saturday.  Not sure what the past couple days did.  We were out in an argo.

sartellangler05

Thanks⬆

Cobra

Seems dang slow lately. Had to search and skip from spot to spot to get enough sunnies for a small fish fry. Fish we're deeper than normal. After we got a little chop the smallies cooperate little,

Cobra

See my comments in the LB/Wab section.

awkwardjim

up here on webb lake right now... anyone have any tips or suggestions?! 

Tom Sawyer

Deep weed edges have produced crappie during the transition period, before the water gets in the 50s. Rigging or jigging chubs have been a standard tactic for walleye this time of year. If your noticing a lot of debris throughout the water column, turnover may be going on, fish a bigger body of water, they turn over a little latter. Have not been on Webb, just tips for this time of year.... Good luck!

jgrimmz

The panfish tip above is a good tip for Webb. I grew up fishing that lake and I'd say good luck! I haven't caught anything worthwhile in the boat on Webb in years. Tips vary based on species, but the points are good and look for the "hidden treasures"

Tom Sawyer

Fished a larger body of water South of the Longville area today, and seeing the mix of the thermocline, along with how the bait was set up, turnover is just starting on that body of water anyway. Tougher then h e l l fishing, I will be targeting smaller lakes for a while...

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Standard
      Fished Daggett lake Sunday for a bit in the afternoon until the traffic went crazy.  I was fishing from my canoe and buddies were in kayaks, got a bit sketchy with the amount of boats on the lake.  Buddy claims he got a huge bass while we were fishing the south bay but lost it at the side.  I just managed a small bass and pike.  Headed back to his cabin on the northwest side, I decided to drown some worms off his dock and watch the boat show.  Got into some big gills just dropping it right next to the dock.   Was on fire from just before 5pm to about 630.  Went back out on the lake when traffic calmed down around 8 and trolled around a bit.  Got 3 or 4 small pike.  Nothing crazy, but still a fun day.
    • CFD200
      Last weekend they seemed to be shallower than the week before like 16-20’ crawlers and leeches starting but rainbows still working.
    • deets22
      Black fly stories are coming out of the twin cities where they usually don't get them like they have them. Probably business as usual up north. I'm headed up Friday to Sand Point as well for a couple days. Weather is looking decent should be a nice couple days. Good luck.
    • Tlund
      Bite was good over the weekend. Found fish on deeper sand/gravel. Boated 86 walleyes from Friday morning-Monday morning. Fishing mornings and evenings. Lindy rigging chubs and leeches produced. Did also find some fish throwing jigs in 4’ of water in mornings. Hoping the bite is good this weekend 👍🏻
    • SkunkedAgain
      I'm located in the Cities, but if anyone on the Vermilion forum (or around the metro) has one of those swim platforms that isn't being used, I am in the market.
    • CLPDB
      I was out of the NE side again and was surprised with the amount of boats out fishing this last weekend.  I agree, the fish are biting and look a little skinny and could be post spawn.  This weekend was the first time that we caught fish out of that 17-20 inch range.  We caught a bunch of 12-14 inch which is good to see.  
    • gunner55
      🤔  Not too many spots with that many rushes here so I've got a good idea where that is.  
    • mulefarm
      Any more details ? 
    • imhatz
      One day to go and heading to Crane and Sand Point lake. I heard black flies are real bad...any updates on that. We are targeting Pike this year
    • Mr. 5 pounder
      I've been going up to the areas mentioned for 20 plus years now and ended up buying a cabin in the Bovey area. Looking to hear and share some fishing reports about the surrounding lakes. Never keep much besides some pesty northerns and panfish (which are plentiful) for the occasional lunch. So, I highly respect the area, but if you know the area at all, you will never be able to fish all its lakes in a lifetime... so some well informed fishing reports is always welcome. Again, I emphasize "smaller lakes," because the bigger ones (Jessie, Round, Wabana, etc) all have fishing reports available. Post if you're interested and lets get a good conversation going. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.