• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

ANYFISH2

2016 Deer Stories and Updates

ZachD

I am in the woods that tree line next to the open field leads to the park if anything comes out I should be the first to see!

WP_20161112_12_24_22_Pro.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

ANYFISH2

No deer shot this morning although my hunting partner Bill, did seen two does.  He first deer seen of the season.  I am still am skunked on the stand.:(

Off to my son's 1st hockey game of the season, I will be back out in the morning.

• Thumbs Up 1

MJ1657
2 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

Well the DeZurik(and friend) firearms season is now over.  

The season was as always was a success.  Time spent with my wife and kids in the woods would have only been sweeter with my mom and dad there.  But as circumstances be, my folks never got into hunting this year.  One our camp founders, my uncle Doug, passed away the Tuesday before opener.

For the season on our little piece of public paradise, my wife was able to see 7 deer. Being it was about the kids getting the opportunity first, she never got the opportunity to shoot.

My daughter Abigail, was able to see 2 deer, a doe and fawn.  She had a chance to shot at the doe, unfortunately not connecting on Sunday evening.  It appears she shot right under it.  She's a good shot on paper, maybe nerves got her.

My son Isaac, had theopportunity to see 3 deer while on stand.  A six point chasing a doe, as well as a spike buck on opening morning while hunting with his mom.  He spent the rest of his time sitting with me, never seeing another.  He definitely seems to be into it.  He couldn't make it out this weekend to to a bout with pink eye, and his start to his hockey season.

My buddy Bill, had a slow start to the season.  Not seeing a deer the entire first 3 days.  This weekend he was able to see 3 deer, All does.  His season ended by shooting a tree, instead of the deer behind it!

Myself, it took me until this morning to see a deer from the stand!  Being blanked all first weekend, all of Friday, and Sat. Morning.  The strange thing is I seen 8 deer while walking to and from camp.  It sure seemed that other than Amanda's stand our other just were not positioned right.  That brings us to this morning, my wife's stand has this special quality to it, it must be hunted the last day of season!  In the 16 years my wife has hunted with us,we have hunted the last Sunday 10 years.  We have now shot 7 deer on the last morning of season from that stand.  And had deer there EVERY year.  It is crazy to see how automatic it is!  We flip coins when she isn't there for her stand on the last day.

It was my turn this year, and it didn't fail us!  I seen 4 deer this morning, 2 does, 1 fawn, 1 small buck.  Have shot opportunities at all.  I decided to shoot a good doe this morning.  Later passing on a doe and the buck, because of hearing Bill shoot.  It was only him and I so only our two tags, I didnt want more down than we could.  And of course, he is last person on the planet, that doesn't have a cell phone.  So, there was no way to know for sure.  So we left a few for seed.

Overall a great season as always.

My final day doe:

20161113_113710.jpg

Looks nice and fat. Good work.

• Thumbs Up 1

ZachD

Well sitting at the farm all day came up empty no deer came running out of the park like usual. We went to the check in station after we were done to see the results of the day. They have a map where people are hunting as well. Only 3 people were hunting the northern part by us! that would explain the lack of stirred up deer. The park hunt total for that day was 55. I decided against hunting Sunday as they stop chisel plowing for us on sat and were going to Sunday too but I told them to just get it done.

Hopefully this week with a little bit of weather change I can connect on a doe yet!

jerkbait

Boy, I remember hunting around there back in my high school  and early working days. That was back in the late eighties and early nineties. I shot my first deer just West of French lake. It was land that we rented to farm. I grew up in the Dayton/Rogers area. Seen some nice deer around there. Hope you get your deer Zach. Good Luck!!!

ZachD
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:44 PM, jerkbait said:

Boy, I remember hunting around there back in my high school  and early working days. That was back in the late eighties and early nineties. I shot my first deer just West of French lake. It was land that we rented to farm. I grew up in the Dayton/Rogers area. Seen some nice deer around there. Hope you get your deer Zach. Good Luck!!!

I am just east of French lake my family has been farming that area since the dawn of time haha.

You most likely know some of my family if you grew up in the area. I will give you a hint my last name is also the name of a restaurant that has the best prime rib around. It is right next to sun dance golf course.

I have not got my doe out of there yet but I have shot a buck and doe else where. But you are correct there are some absolute monsters around.

jerkbait

Ah yes got it. The were a few families with that last name around the area. Our farm was over on Brockton lane about mile south of co rd 144. My step dad still lives there next to the farm. They have sold the farm and land now. It sure has changed there since I moved away.

Neighbor_guy

IMG_4350.JPGIMG_4351.JPG

not the nicest pose, but got my diy euro mount done. Now to find a home for it. 

• Thumbs Up 4

ANYFISH2

Looks good Neighbor guy!