• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2016 Deer Stories and Updates

ANYFISH2

Post up some updates of how your season is going.  

How many deer are you seeing?

How is your group fairing?

Pics are highly asked for, camps, deer, hunting party, and anything else you have.

Let share with each other.

I am not hunting this morning do to funeral for one of my uncles.  I did receive a message that my son was able to see his first chase this morning.  Unfortunately, it was a chase and little to no shot presented it's self to the 10yr old.

Good to all.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

One grouse 3 does seen no bucks

O yeah the grouse died

I returned to camp about 4pm this evening and my daughter and I set from then till dark, no deer.

The rest of the present party, Amanda and Isaac seen a 6, spike, and a doe this morning Billy blanked on the day.  Looks like a lot of activity late this week according the cameras, just didn't work out today.

The Boy was pretty excited to see a buck chasing a doe this morning, a little bummed about it not stopping for him.

20161105_164452.jpg

20161105_164500_001.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Congratulations to brother moose!  Nice deer.

Isaac and I were blanked all day.  Amanda and Abigail jumped 2 deer on Thier way out this afternoon.  Later Abigail finally got an opportunity to fire a shot tonight.  A fawn hung around until well after dark keeping the ladies in Thier stand.  We looked a little for blood, but didn't pick any up tonight.  We will be back out looking in the morning.  Abigail is a mess right now!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

Congratulations to brother moose!  Nice deer.

Isaac and I were blanked all day.  Amanda and Abigail jumped 2 deer on Thier way out this afternoon.  Later Abigail finally got an opportunity to fire a shot tonight.  A fawn hung around until well after dark keeping the ladies in Thier stand.  We looked a little for blood, but didn't pick any up tonight.  We will be back out looking in the morning.  Abigail is a mess right now!

Hope she finds it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Live update no deer no grouse red squirrels every where!

good luck finding that deer!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I had an opportunity at a buck on opening morning and passed as it was a younger deer but had some potential and then sunday morning saw a young buck come by with a unique rack of one side spike and the other 3 points.  Also saw 8 does opener morning all by themselves and all small...finally saw 3 does together come into the field right at the end of shooting time Sunday eve.  Great weekend and hopefully my patience will pay off.

• Thumbs Up 2

We went 2 for 5 on opening weekend with one small buck and a big Doe. I hate sitting on stand in this warm weather trying to stay awake! :sleep: Give me 5" inches of snow and colds temps and I'm good all day! :)

4 Wolves sighted by one member on his stand and we must of counted at least 45-55 Deer in the ditches Friday night on the way up. White knuckle driving all the way. 99% were Doe's.

Two weekends to go and hopefully it cools off! ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately, no sign of Abby hitting her deer last night not speck of blood.  Oh well it happens, and it was clean.  I felt so bad for her I decided to miss my own this morning while looking for hers.  Still haven't figured out how to shoot a moving deer!. Been a long time since I missed with a firearm.  Oh well, there is still time.

For the weekend 8 deer where seen all are safe for now.  All from one stand location. 3 bucks, 3 does and 2 fawns.

• Thumbs Up 2

That sucks well I was going to hunt one of my 601 metro spots for a doe tonight I work 3rd shift and i just got home and my buddy texted me that he shot one at 7 in my public land 601 spot! He said it was a nice 8 pointer. We ended up not finding it! Tracked it for 3 hours!

So just got a call he went back out and was talking to a guy in the parking lot and said that he couldn't find his and the guy goes well I seen one on his way out and told him where he seen it. Now here's the dilemma antler broke off and not as big as he thought. Deer is not the direction we last seen blood but it is possible. Said the deer isn't really stiff yet. I can't really go vac there to help him. But if it is the deer he shot. If he shot it at 740 I would say how far we followed blood and where he found it from we last found blood and the shot that he lived for awhile I told him best case scenario is that he lived as long as possible. He cut it open and said it wasn't too bloated. I dunno I told him to field dress it. What do you think he should do? I told him bring it to one of the butcher shops in town and explain to them what happens I would think they would be able to tell the best for the meat?

V__1C89.jpg

Well he called the butcher shop and they think he should be ok. After he field dressed it he said he hardly smelt at all. The butcher shop said he should be fine and bring it in and they will look at it. Glad he got it.

1 hour ago, ZachD said:

So just got a call he went back out and was talking to a guy in the parking lot and said that he couldn't find his and the guy goes well I seen one on his way out and told him where he seen it. Now here's the dilemma antler broke off and not as big as he thought. Deer is not the direction we last seen blood but it is possible. Said the deer isn't really stiff yet. I can't really go vac there to help him. But if it is the deer he shot. If he shot it at 740 I would say how far we followed blood and where he found it from we last found blood and the shot that he lived for awhile I told him best case scenario is that he lived as long as possible. He cut it open and said it wasn't too bloated. I dunno I told him to field dress it. What do you think he should do? I told him bring it to one of the butcher shops in town and explain to them what happens I would think they would be able to tell the best for the meat?

V__1C89.jpg

This Deer looks a Lot like road kill if you as me? Broken antler and road rash on the back! :eek:

8 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

This Deer looks a Lot like road kill if you as me? Broken antler and road rash on the back! :eek:

I didn't even think of that but he said definitely bullet hole we did lose track of the blood at a road

Well my update at 10 am I hear brush breaking coming down the hill towards me!

Then I see a little doe sneaking up to my stand.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ZachD said:

I told him I would euro mount it for him! It will be a good story tracking it for hours giving up then finding it!

I just got done with my euro mount of the buck I shot on sat

WP_20161106_14_36_25_Pro.jpg

Looks great! How did you get it that clean in two days?

• Thumbs Up 1