• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MplsOutdoors

Had an awesome day fishing down at the Ford dam. Another angler actually saw that I had walked upstream pretty far and he decided to give me a ride back in his boat, had a great time and ended getting into some crappie and bass. Awesome that there are people out there willing to do that, very rarely I'm able to fish from a boat!

• Thumbs Up 2

Jighead4914

I grew up fishing that spot when i was a kid. many years ago. Nice Walleye by the dam too.

Rick G

No better way to spend an afternoon. Thanks for sharing this

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Aidan
      By Aidan
      Anybody have any tips or secrets they care to share about fishing rush for large mouths in early June I am a high school bass angler ad our first tournament is there. If you have anything that could give some insight please do share.
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Went to go panfishing and found myself in a bass feeding frenzy in the weeds. It is crazy to see how slow these big bass inhale the bait in the winter. First fish probably pushed 5lbs. Too much fun on light gear!

• Monkster
      By Monkster
      Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted, most likely last year! I run a fishing contest on Lake Gervais for a non-profit group called the Little Canada Recreation Association (www.lcraonline.org). The contest is this Saturday, starting at 10:30. It's a walk up contest. we drill all the holes...well, actually, the Roseville Boys Hockey team does! Line forms early and we let you go at 10:30am. We lots of food, booya  by the Little Canada Fire Dept., beer and mixed drinks! Lots of great fishing prizes and we will also be selling raffle tickets for $5. You'll have a chance to win the grand prize, which is a 70" TV plus $1000 cash! See the flyers below! Forecast is for 37 degrees on Saturday! One more thing, Joe's Sporting Goods has some free bait on the ice, fatheads and grubs, if you want suckers or anything else, bring them with. No outside alcohol (my license doesn't allow), we'll have plenty at great prices. We will also inspect everything on it's way in. Hope to see you there!

• Wanderer
      By Wanderer
      He passed yesterday at the age of 87.  Sad to hear.  I looked at some articles but didn’t the cause.  He was one person in the industry I would’ve enjoyed getting a chance to chat with for a while.
    • Dakota Loing
      By Dakota Loing
      Hey I was curious to see if there were any active fishing clubs near whitebear lake or forest lake 
    • Topwaterordie
      By Topwaterordie
      Anyone got any place that they would like to share with me to catch walleyes from shore. That is good anytime of the season.
      Preferably public land. I've got bad hips and cant be lifting my canoe any longer, so Im stuck to fishing on the shore. If you have
      any ideas of places let me know. Id be grateful for the advice.

Minnesota or North Dakota advise welcome.

Oh, Ill be fishing at night mostly. Ill be using live bait, Chubs and leeches.

Thanks!
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Anyone know of lakes with decent shore fishing near Mankato? I've gone to North Shore on Madison Lake but can't find any shore on other lakes near by. Any suggestions?
    • John Schulz
      By John Schulz
      Looking for some fun easy Shore fishing spots. New to fishing as an adult, only fished when I was 10-13 in scouts. From California having moved to Moorhead Oct 18, just got fishing license for my wife and I. 

Bought some poles and gear and just wondering if anyone can point me in the directions of some great spots to fish off shore, as we do not have a boat. 

Thank you. 
    • Nick Billig
      By Nick Billig
      We are looking to add a sales person to our Vadnais Heights, MN office. If you are unfamiliar with our company, we publish regional fishing and outdoor maps/information for the Midwest and East Coast. We’re well established and currently doing business at most your mom and pop shops as well as almost all the major outdoor outlets and big box stores.

We’re in the process of expanding into new markets and are in need of some sales support. This is a great opportunity for someone with no prior sales experience that wants to get their foot in the door and work for a growing company in the Outdoor field. Must be a self starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills – AND must enjoy talking hunting and fishing of course….

Pay: Base Salary + Commission

If interested, please send me a private message on this site.

Thanks and tight lines!
      -Nick
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      On Saturday I drove into Wisconsin to meet up with my buddy Matt and his Dad to target some Crappies. The weather was perfect and allowed us to stay mobile & hole hop around all day to catch fish. We found a good average size (10-12") and some larger fish mixed in. I started the day fishing a 4mm tungsten jig with big plastics but the fish seemed to shy away so I downsized to the smaller profile (3.8mm) tungsten fly and almost every fish I marked turned into a biter. I always have a Wisconsin fishing license so I'm hoping to check out a few new lakes this winter across the border.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• PRO-V
      Do you mean the one west of the southerly end of Lake Winnipeg?
    • TomWehler
      FYI:  Few hours ago an ATV went thru narrows under bridge between North n South Center.  Zero - no injury’s n ATV out of water.   Odd to see fire crew wrap Caution tape around THIN ICE signs been there long time. Fun. Ok but come on man......THINK!   Do a lil recon n homework before heading out...each time. Might save yer life. Water is Dang COLD under that ice. Relax - have fun - be safe.   keep on Rocken!   T    
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I’d go as high of amperage you can afford and can get in a certain bank. 15 should suit you great. I got a 2 bank 12amp last spring but really wish I would have went with the 15 for a more faster recharge time between trips. 
    • Hookmaster
      Getting a MinnKota Precision charger for my new boat, a 1875 Pro Guide. It will have a 24 volt Ulterra on the bow and 24 volt Vantage on the stern. The batteries are group 31 AGMs. I've always had 10 amp per bank chargers in the past. I will be spending more time on the water with this boat so draining the batteries down more. Is the 15 amp per bank better, worse or no difference? I am leaning towards the 15 amp for quicker charging. Getting a 3 bank so the starting battery will be topped off also.
    • Hookmaster
      Stopped by the dealership yesterday. The Helis 10 or 12 will fit but only if the gimbal mount is attached directly to the folding section. Any mount will make it to tall. I guess I'll be taking the graph off, not to big a deal.
    • JeremyJohnson
      I am from Iowa we are planning a trip up to Big Trout Lake, I was wondering about the ice conditions (snow, slush, and thickness) any info would be appreciated.
    • eyeguy 54
      Can I cut the quick connect from the vexilar charger and then cut alligator clips off my lithium charger and switch them with no problems? I know there would be no issue with the alligators on the vex charger. Curious about the lithium with quick connect. The new 20 has the quick connect. 
    • Tom Sawyer
      They sure do 👍👍 Top Notch!  
    • otterman91105
      I will be up on tommorow so i guess i will see first hand. Thanks for the reply.
    • mrpike1973
      On a lake near Sugar. Got on to some great sunfish they were deeper than I thought 22 feet deep suspended at 14 feet. Nonstop for 2 hours a black tungsten jig worked best I did try plastics for a bit for building up confidence but the fish showed otherwise quickly. Went back to 3 euro worms 4 was to many . Then I got a 10.5 bluegill my first one and wouldn't you know it my phone was about 2 blocks away. So I let her go not going to keep a fish out of water to get a glory picture. Oh well next time. Get out while you can the lakes were good with the warm up but who knows in a couple of weeks. That was on Friday. Drilled a few holes for an older gentleman that just wanted to fish A while I was glad to help out enjoyed chatting with him. Then went out today almost the same thing but unfortunately near a community spot and within 2 hours everyone was out there and a dog peed on my fish house was not happy threw snow on the house cleaned when i got home I left soon after very rude people unfortunately and the fishing died right away oh well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.