• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grouse hunting

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

@Rick you are correct but ducks vs grouse. I love grouse but it’s a drive to get to good grouse grounds. Maybe later this month.

• I Like it 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monstermoose78

• PRO-V

• ZachD

• leech~~

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

took the kids out last weekend. weather was beautiful saturday, iffy sunday. ended up with 7 birds. basically shot 100% i should stop for the year.  did end up with one nice male spruce grouse.

i've always found birds in pockets regardless of counts. as a matter of fact some of my best years have been the lowest count years. i've learned you can't shoot one from the couch! and a lot of peopl

Spent 9 days at camp with a buddy. Filled out in 4 1/2 days. Saw close to 90. They are pretty wild. Chased one for a quarter mile through swamps and islands before I got him. Spent the rest of the wee

Posted Images

Tom Sawyer
Barbelboy

i've always found birds in pockets regardless of counts. as a matter of fact some of my best years have been the lowest count years. i've learned you can't shoot one from the couch! and a lot of people don't go when the numbers are supposedly low. that was near Orr. yup, kind of a haul. but i stayed in the hotel in orr with a pool so the kids could swim, then took them to the bear sanctuary in the evening. a pretty darn good weekend. gotta make it fun for the little ones!

Edited by Barbelboy
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • I Like it 1
leech~~
7 hours ago, PRO-V said:

We had a bit of snow up north again. Grouse hunting not too bad.

IMG_20191003_070209880.jpg

Dang where are you guys-part of state. Hoping for a white Deer opener! 😃

• 11 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

Lots of grouse around this year. Anyone getting a few? 

• I Like it 1
Kettle

Was out by palisade yesterday in the evening, flushed a few as well as woodcock still too thick to get shots off

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
2adrsuess

I have the 12th and 13th off, I'm planning a couple day trips, but still deciding on locations. 

• Thumbs Up 1
IDLKTOBEFHSN

There are plenty of birds out there we got 25 for the 4 of us last week in 4 days. Cover isn't an issue if you are far enough north.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
2adrsuess

Quite the haul! How far north are we talking? I'm debating between Nemadji and Mille Lacs WMA. No dogs, solo at first light. 

evinrudespeed

Tentative plan to get out Friday morning early. I’ll be North of Duluth. Hoping to chase some birds (grouse)!

• Thumbs Up 1
evinrudespeed

First time in Canosia Wildlife area...flushed 2 birds but no shot. Fun to be in the woods. Long season to keep trying this sport!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1
PRO-V

Spent 9 days at camp with a buddy. Filled out in 4 1/2 days. Saw close to 90. They are pretty wild. Chased one for a quarter mile through swamps and islands before I got him. Spent the rest of the week cutting firewood, painting and exploring.

• Thumbs Up 3
2adrsuess

Good to hear other's are having success out there. I went out on Monday morning, just after we got all the rain. Perfect time of year I think, the aspen leaves are mostly down now, and I saw lots of promising grouse habitat. Spent the day bush whacking, but only managed to flush one bird (no shot) and it got into some thick cover that I couldn't pursue through. Still great to be outdoors, but I was bummed to not get to heat up the cast iron. Next time!