• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Unfortunately pretty quiet in here!

I will be up Saturday for a week fishing most in the Puposky area, maybe will try to venture to some off the beaten path forest lakes as well.  I will try and give a few reports over the week.

Chris do you have any hidden little lakes to for me to try?  Of course, I know we don't give those sorts of lakes away, in a public forum or to people we don't know.  But it doesn't hurt to ask!  Pm me if you have any leads!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We fished the area June 25 thru July 1st.  

We managed to catch 20 walleye over the week.  Most fish came from 16-17ft on mud to sand transition using large leeches on a lindy.  We did manage 2 from shallower water on a windy day.  Most fish where in the 17-18" range with a few smaller and the largest being 19".

20160627_211547.jpg

Northern pike, particularly of the small version were plentiful even though we didn't really target them.  We caught 40+/- over the course of the week.  Of course depth didn't seem to matter we caught fish as deep as 20 ft and as shallow as 5ft.  Most fish ended up in the 18-22" range with 2 fish at 30" and 31".  Most fish were caught on leeches fishing for other species as well as on spinner baits while fishing a walk in lake.

Biggest 31"

20160628_132708.jpg

Panfish over the week were very cooperative.  On our trip to a walk in lake we found generous amounts of quality size panfish in 8ft of water.  Most fish landed in the 8-9" range with half dozen between 9.5-10".

The panfish on our base lake were strangely easy to find, they seemed to be anywhere we fished.  In the shallow weeds and off the deep cabbage into 15ft of water.  Oddly the deep fish appear to have not spawned yet as most female were quite gravid.  Lots of 9"+ fish to be caught, very few small fish found.  Probably less than 12 that were smaller than 7".  Most fish were caught using a plain hook and leech, with mepps spinners and jig and plastics catching thier share.

20160630_073040_012.jpg

• 3 weeks later...