• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

After last nights storm I think it is going to take awhile for that lake to calm down..

BB, you bring up an interesting point. Some 45+ years ago, my father had a friend who would hook a sucker minnow up to his Ambassador 500 and leave it out with a heavy weight over night. Ironically, the two largest walleyes he ever caught(or more accurately, poached, because he used a set line) were caught during thunderstorms. I know that if I want to catch walleyes, I head to the windy shore and end up fighting both wind and fish. As to the effect lightning has on their feeding habits? Who knows. In any event, I suspect that a cold front is far more difficult to crack than a thunderstorm. Happy hooking!

I won't be going til next Tuesday so we'll  see. Fishing league at work, every other Tuesday a different Duluth area lake (and I've fished none)

SHAME ON YOU! A man's got have his priorities straight! Someone once said "the time a man has spent fishing doesn't count against his allocation of time spent on earth. "  Oh, if that were true, I'd never die.

I love fishing in bad weather, it is after the storm when things are unsellted that I shy a  way for a few days .Shallow lakes get churned up and cloudy when we have a big storm, but then I am fishing for bass most of the time.

On 6/21/2016 at 5:00 PM, I fish, therefore I lie said:

SHAME ON YOU! A man's got have his priorities straight! Someone once said "the time a man has spent fishing doesn't count against his allocation of time spent on earth. "  Oh, if that were true, I'd never die.

I know, as I am currently boatless  I spend most of my summer fishing on Vermilion with my father in law. Admittedly I am a rookie overall, but I got very into ice fishing this last year and am all set up so I'm looking forward to seeing what the Duluth area lakes can offer for ice!