• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have had a cabin in Emily for about four years now and I have fished several area lakes with very spotty success for walleyes.  Would anyone be willing to share, PM if you choose, if Thunder is worth trying and the type of structure that the fish relate to.  Most of the walleye I catch in the area are incidental to crappie or bass fishing in the weeds.  Do the fish relate to the weeds or are they on the more traditional structure?  Is there a preferred bait or presentation?  Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
RustySasquatch

I have only fished that lake once and it was mid-day in July.  Lots of good action for largemouth and smallmouth bass.  We did not have a ton of luck looking for walleye as dusk approached.  It was like a wind tunnel with the wind coming out of the north.  It is very scenic with the high hills surrounding the lake.  Sorry I can't be of much help, but that is my 2 cents.

Thanks for answering the post.  I like catching bass, especially SM if I can find them, so it sounds like a lake to try during the day and see what happens from there. 

• 2 years later...

I’m heading up there this weekend.  I’ll be fishing for Bass specifically.

the maps look like there is a ton of fishable structure.  I’m hoping to find the weed line and work a few areas.

I have a buddy that has a cabin on the lake and he will fish the walleyes over deep water and also in the weeds as they seem to relate to both at times.  Seems like a hard lake to pattern but he always seems to catch something out there.  Good Luck