• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kayak time

Great video eyeguy!  Good choice of music too!  Watching that makes me want to get after some river smallies.

Nels

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

thx.  the last one on vid did a great jump but my hands blocked it. lol.  

On 5/5/2016 at 6:22 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

I dont use the bottle anchor anymore.... too slippery and too light.  getting an anchor with spikes to use while in the river current. 

I'm also still looking for an anchor for my kayak have you tried anything else or tried anything with spikes that you liked, that you can recommend or make?

these are both 3 1/2 pounds.  rick made the one on the left and a friend gave me the other. the red one works dandy for holding in strong current but hangs in the water when I raise it to the front of the yak so I have to trolly it back and put in yak if paddling upstream. the smaller home made is working ok also in current and raises up further so I am using that in the current for a while to see how it goes. 

anchors.jpg

perfect thanks for the pics and info!

now which one of you want to come up with a talon idea for kayaks? haha j/k :)

nothing like a grand for an anchor on a 500 dollar yak. :) 

Royce....I have another one for you to try out. It' s right around 5 lbs, and has some 1inch nubs of no4 rebar welded to the bottom. Should work better in the current for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

cool !  todays rain. gonna be current city out there ! 

7 11 16 rain.jpg

You might want to consider a 28lb Richter if you plan on fishing the area rivers the next few weeks.... LOL!!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

ended up 7.4 here in the back yard.  chasing smallies thursday later in the day but not in the yak. :

7 11 16 rain b.jpg

Emptied it when it hit 7.

• 4 weeks later...

The river has been a murky mess the last month, so I've been fishing largemouth bass locally and smallies on Mille Lacs.

The largemouth have been biting really well locally this summer in the 2-5 FOW range, even with the water as warm as bath water the last few weeks. Frogs, swimjigs, spinnerbaits, and paddletails have been the ticket, fished fast and aggressive.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the yak out on the creek again yesturday. Windy city!  Fun time and heading out again in a bit. Water is still quite dirty. Stick baits worked dandy. Bringing a buzzbait along today to play with also. 

a.jpg

b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet weather this morning out there.  Buzz was dead,  mepps was hot then went deep with a wacky stickbait and a split shot. That really worked well. Good numbers but not as big as yesturday. 

826a.jpg

826b.jpg

826c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Monday or Tue work for you, Royce?  I need some time on the water...life has been a little unkind as of late...lol

• Thumbs Up 1

sorry it's been a rough couple weeks. heading to bowstring either monday or tue early.not sure yet. If here monday sounds good. possibly later on sunday would work. will shoot a text or call. :)  found a spot with them stacked up. 

I was watching some outdoor show about taking vets out fishing and I know as they scanned the crowd I saw an eyeguy 

• Thumbs Up 2

the outdoor report.  it was from trout lake by coleraine. that was me waving from the truck and then being put in at the landing.  Fishing With Vets is the organization. Great group !

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

hopefully next time its slower and clearer. the 19 1/2 incher got the heart pumping! lol 

• Thumbs Up 2