• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am planning on heading up to the cross lake area this weekend, walking out of coarse.

Any one have a mid week ice report for me? 

I'm in the north metro and man with these crazy temps, wind and rain this week the ice is shot around my house. Earlier in the week I had no doubt about heading north for the late ice bite but man I'm a bit nervous now.

Seen a report on another site from a guy in Crosby saying they had some of the rain & he was thinking about putting all his gear away.Do any business with any resorts or bait shops up there? A phone call might be worth your time. We are in the Winnie area & were out yesterday to still find more than 1' of good ice. Shorelines are going & bring your cleats here as it's bare ice.

I fished xlake last weekend and it was all still real good ice right up to shore. But I bet it is going fairly fast. Even with the warmth I bet you can still use wheelers, on my lake anyway, but with that said, I am going to the parade Saturday so I put all my stuff away last Sunday. Season is over for me until open water.

Time to shoot the bow again :)

Good luck! I will be the guy with the green shirt and a beer at the parade on Saturday ;)

• Thumbs Up 3

I will also be a guy in a green shirt this weekend drinking a beer sitting along the road by the entrance to Holiday Gas in crosslake...that is where the truck is parked...stop by and have a brew if ya see me :crazy:! haha

Edited by ozzie
  • Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, ozzie said:

I will also be a guy in a green shirt this weekend drinking a beer sitting along the road by the entrance to Holiday Gas in crosslake...that is where the truck is parked...stop by and have a brew if ya see me :crazy:! haha

I'll be just to your south, not quite to the corner. Gray 3/4 ton Dodge with a topper, with some goofy mid-aged gals that are dressed waaaaay younger than their age, hahaha! ;)

BoxMN I just noticed your message...were you with the girls with the shirts that read "Surprise I am drunk already!"  It was another beautiful weekend spending time with family and 20,000 friends!! haha

Ha! Yep, those were part of our crew, but not my wife. We were a bit more subdued, but it was that group! I had a green "Beer Pressure" shirt, and later after the parade a black Legion shirt that said "Drink till you want me!" on the back ;)

Fun time, great weather, good crowd!

• 2 weeks later...

371 Bay on N. Long has been open for quite a while.  Just drove by Rice Lake and it is nearly all the way open.  Just some ice tucked up by the access shoreline so maybe another day or so on that.  Bigger lakes still seem pretty locked up, drove around the Area on Sunday and Gull/Crosslake were still locked up.  The Channels around upper gull are pretty open though, I did see some guys drop a boat in at the Zorbaz landing and were fishing in front of Bar Harbor.

Round should be open by late tomorrow or Sat.  Most smaller lakes near 371 up to Pequot are open.