• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

rodbuster70

Winning Perch

rodbuster70

Anyone know the weight of the biggest perch for the Perch Extravaganza? I was up there for it but didn't see anything. Oh, and did anyone have any luck catching any? We caught 5, but they weren't big enough to consider taking to the weigh in.

Musky Face

I think the winning perch was 1.67lbs. Our group of guys caught around 20 perch with some nice ones in there. One of my buddys weighed 1 12.5 incher in and it weighed 1.24lbs and 10th place was 1.40lbs. 

rodbuster70

Wow! Good for you guys. That winning one musta went 14 inches or better. I am a perch fisherman, myself, so I was just curious what was caught. I know there is some beautiful perch to be caught and I love the adventure of being on the Big Lake. They should really start biting pretty soon I would think.

Naturboy

So glad perch are making a come back.  

Musky Face

Ya they are definitely in there to be had, just have to really put the the time in and punch alot of holes and fish them all. We where fishin in the mud from 28 to 34 feet. Larvas were the ticket. Going back on friday or saturday to give it another round and to catch sum more rays. Should be another great weekend. Good luck with the search. 

Edited by Musky Face

johnsd16

We brought up a 1.33 lb fish at 11am to weigh in and 10th was already 1.35.  Impressive fish on the board at that time.  Top few were over 1.5 lbs.  I thought we'd be in the money looking at previous years when a 1.34 lb won, and 10th was 1.07.  I am guessing the weather had more folks out fishing, and the perch are getting bigger and biting with the weather. 

Sculpin

The winner was in fact just a shade over 14"  most of the other fish were in the 13 + range.

Musky Face

Some pretty nice perch in there if you know where to look.