• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

whateverisbiting

Metro Musky Lakes

whateverisbiting

I have a friend moving in from WI who is a Musky fisherman and he was asking about lakes.  I am not a Musky fisherman but am aware of Minnetonka, Bald Eagle, Owasso and White Bear.  To save me from rifling through Lake Finder, what other Lakes in the Metro area hold Muskies?  Thanks in advance.

icepike 1

Nokomis and Harriet are two good lake's to try. Last weekend someone hooked a big musky on Nokomis.

Vallejo

Forest Lake has good numbers of muskies!

mrklean

Weaver has Tigers

Musky Face

Tonka, waconia, eagle, calhoun, nokimis, harriet, bald eagle, forest, white bear, st croix river, weaver, elmo, cedar, owasso, french in fairbault, sugar in annandale, rush in rush lake and some other tiger musky lakes around the metro. Rebecca also but i like to leave that one alone because dnr milks those musky's to stock more musky's into lakes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

GeluNumber1

Gervais and Phalen also have musky.

SaintPaulPaul

One spot I haven't seen mentioned is Minnehaha Creek where it enters the Mississippi below the Ford Dam. I was looking at some photos on a guy's phone a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the size of them....40's and 50's.

papadarv

Big Comfort 3 miles east of Forest Lake on hey. 8 has Muskie. Stop at Mikes bait for more info.

SaintPaulPaul
10 hours ago, GeluNumber1 said:

Gervais and Phalen also have musky.

Just so he knows, no gas motors on Phalen and they are Tiger muskies, stocked every other year since the '80's, I think.

JBMasterAngler

Starting as early as this fall, you might be able to add Big Marine Lake to the list of metro muskie lakes.

whateverisbiting

Thanks great list that should be enough to keep him busy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Zelmsdawg
On 1/31/2016 at 10:51 AM, JBMasterAngler said:

Starting as early as this fall, you might be able to add Big Marine Lake to the list of metro muskie lakes.

I hope so. But it'll probably be more like 5yrs, I don't think they stock adults.

Whateverisbiting - the other guys covered most the lakes, I don't remember seeing cedar in scott co so I'll add that one, but maybe check beforehand if its a pure or tiger lake. They'll fish differently.

And $20 (or so) buys you the MN Musky map guide book. Thats how I started and its well worth it

Good luck

• Thumbs Up 1

chewynoeyes

Lake Harriet in Minneapolis.  This one was caught a couple years ago.

IMG_0757xx.jpg

IamZombie

Wassermann out near Victoria was stocked back in 2006.  The 2011 survey showed two caught.  

Sugar lake, west of Montecello.

JBMasterAngler

St. Croix is heavily stocked with muskies. Couldn't tell you how plentiful they are, but they've been stocking it for years, so it must be working.

Dan Foshay

Anyone hear how fishing is on Rush lake for musky? Thanks

Topwater Scott

Orchard in Lakeville has a good population of tiger's.