• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Strikemaster Lazer Xpress Not getting Fuel

walleyeking

Question

I have a Strikemaster Lazer Xpress Auger about 5 years old. I drained the gas last fall, and added new gas mixed with strikemaster 2 cycle oil this year. Checked plug and it's getting a spark. Will not start, I noticed that there is no fuel in the rubber gas line. Took off tank, and cleared both ends of line to ensure there was no obstruction. When I pour fuel or seafoam directly into the carb in the air intake, it will start but only briefly. Probably only until the fuel burns off. Any ideas? Could it be as simple as a fuel line, or do I need to get carb rebuilt. If so, is there anywhere in the south metro that rebuilds or repairs augers?

4 answers to this question

Sounds like a dried up fuel pump gasket in the carb. Or possibly a plugged screen. Either way you'll want a rebuild kit before breaking it open.   D-rock in new Brighton has all the parts you need. Rebuild kit is less than 20 bucks. They do a fantastic job if you want them it install it.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you get gas to fill the fuel line after tinkering with the tank?  Before investing in a carb rebuild, gently pull the fuel line off the carb and see if gas runs out from the tank.    If no gas runs out there's still a blockage at the tank end that you need to fix.    If gas runs out then a rebuild is probably in order.    If you are up to the rebuild yourself, Fowler in Bloomington will probably have the kit you need.    Call ahead and bring the carb with you so you get the right kit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will try removing the fuel line again tonight to gas if gas runs out of the tank. That's a good tip. If not, I'll be looking at a carb rebuild or replacement carb.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not much of a mechanic but was able to remove and install a new carb on that same motor myself last year. Found an aftermarket carb for $17 to my door that has worked perfectly. Way easier than a carb rebuild. 

• Thumbs Up 1