• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2016 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Stick in Mud

Was out of west side Thursday.  Few small fish in 30 ft of water of curlys.  Resort told me one active breaker with a bridge but got out there and they were all over.  never using this resort again.

I hear ya I ran into the same with the same place I'm guessing.  You think they would really wanna help there customers and put them in the best situation not lie and say you can get to this flat to find out you cant not a way to do business if you want to make money it will eventually catch up with you.  

Anyone been fishing out of Lybecks or Agate Bay?  Going up Friday and haven't decided which road to go out of yet!

From my experience and report/ friends. The rocks and gravel most spots seem to be more targeted times of bite like 6am - 10am then 6pm - 10pm have been the best action not to say that you won't catch fish during the day but its slow. 

The mud or rock mud transitions seems to have a more consistent bit through the day and no real hot bite other then early morning bite can get crazy some days.

you would have to call to see where their roads go as neither really keep up on reports. 

I have not been on there roads as my choice is Hunters or Appeldoorn's. 

Our report from the weekend is pretty similar to what it's been all year.  Lots of small fish with a few big ones mixed in.  I fished deep on Saturday primetime and shallow on Sunday....Got more fish deeper but had better average size in shallow.  The bite was pretty good for everyone I talked to, though there were a few people who really whacked them and a few who struck out. 

Well, it's time for us to move the house.  Stick the Elder stayed in the house Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and caught a whoppin' three walleyes and zero keeper perch. All our perch vanished, too, so off we go to (hopefully) greener pastures.  

I only fished Saturday and Sunday.  Both were pretty unpleasant, as the cold on Saturday and the wind on Sunday made me less-than-keen to hole hop.  Ended up with five on Saturday and six on Sunday.  Nothing over 15''.  

What's the ice and snow like right now? Can a guy drive pretty much anywhere, dodging drifts, or is the snow too deep?

How much ice?

You  go anywhere you want.  I was driving out all over the north end last week in a Pontiac Grand Prix. The warm weather might get some cracks active, though, so use caution, as always.