• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

I am thinking it would Great to get to meet some of you members!! What do you all think about meeting as North Blue Lake access or even Green Lake Access. I would like to have it some where we can fish, but mother nature is not working with us. We need a place that can handle a number of us. I am open for other options and I am thinking Saturday January 2, 2016!! Please post if you think we should plan it later or somewhere else. Any other ideas are welcome.  I know I have met a few of you on the lakes, so lets extend our hand to meet some others. 

• Thumbs Up 2
crappie king 42

sounds like a good time. I personally would prefer green. And by that time there will be plenty of ice. Moose what are u doing today? Wanna go get on them pike iwas talking about. I'm heading out in probably an hour. Gotta have breakfast and some coffee first ya know.

monstermoose78

2 inches in not enough for this fat guy! 4 inches is close to enough for me, but it was above freezing all night. Today I am taking care of my dogs and the puppy is a lot of work. You slept in if you are just eating breakfast. I need to put my new gasket on my old strike master auger today as well. I am thinking this weekend I will hit the lake that has almost 4 inches. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Weathertite

That sounds like a great Idea , I am not familiar with the area so I will defer to your judgement. Will you please let me know what has been chosen. what species will we be targeting and will Finn be joining us ?  Thanks Mike

• Thumbs Up 1
monstermoose78

Well I am not sure there will be enough ice to be fishing, but it if we go to Green it could be crappies, pike, and walleyes. Blue Lake would offer Crappies, Gills, Pike, and a chance at  a walleye. Well Finn might have to join in the fun times and I think it would be good learning lesson for him. I am sure he will take some naps. 

• Thumbs Up 1
monstermoose78

Everyone is welcome to come I am thinking Green Lake  because it has a larger parking lot.  I am thinking 9 am or so? Unless anyone thinks it should be at another time. 

@MJ1657 @Neighbor_guy @river rat316 

@Shack

On 12/23/2015, 7:51:25, crappie king 42 said:

sounds like a good time. I personally would prefer green. And by that time there will be plenty of ice. Moose what are u doing today? Wanna go get on them pike iwas talking about. I'm heading out in probably an hour. Gotta have breakfast and some coffee first ya know.

still looking for a fishing partner? pm me if so?

MrGolfwrench

This is a great idea.  Not sure if I will be able to make it but I'm going to try.

Thanks for setting this up,

monstermoose78

I was thinking of bringing some ground veni and my little portable grill.

• Thumbs Up 1
Weathertite

Sounds like you are going to spoil us !!!! :cool:  Not sure what is going to happen next weekend as my Brother in law wants to go to my cabin . He has had a really tough Holiday season since this is the  first year since he has lost his 31 yr old Son. I am kinda in limbo right now. If we don't happen to make it I would like you guys to have fun and I will have to make the next one. Thanks again for putting this together Moose.       Mike

monstermoose78
17 hours ago, MJ1657 said:

I stopped out at Green this afternoon. 3.75-4" of good ice. 

That is great to hear MJ. If we could get this next snow storm to swing south it would really be nice.

• Thumbs Up 1
55 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

That is great to hear MJ. If we could get this next snow storm to swing south it would really be nice.

It sure would.

Two pike spotted, one huge bass, and Mollie is bringing up perch as fast as she can reel them up. 

• Thumbs Up 1
monstermoose78

Looks like we might luck out ice fisher people!! Lets keep that heavy snow to the south. I am excited to meet new people on Saturday January 2nd.  

• Thumbs Up 1
monstermoose78

So who thinks they will be there?

I will be at the Green Lake access at 9 am with my little grill and some veni burgers and buns.  Finn will be there as it will be good for him to meet people. I hope to see some of you there tomorrow morning.

monstermoose78
37 minutes ago, spentshell said:

Is this at the Green Lake just south of Hwy 95 between Princeton and Cambridge?

Yes it is

monstermoose78

Still on we will see you there Bob!! I hope some others show up or we will be eating a lot of veni burgers

I should have enough for 12 or 14 burgers.

monstermoose78

Well it was not big event but thank you for showing up!! I will try it again maybe when we have more ice.

• Thumbs Up 2
MrGolfwrench

It was nice to meet you at the access.  Thanks again for setting this up.  

• Thumbs Up 1
monstermoose78
5 hours ago, MrGolfwrench said:

It was nice to meet you at the access.  Thanks again for setting this up.  

You are welcome it was nice to meet you and your son. I will have another one later this winter

• 1 month later...
monstermoose78
5 hours ago, SSGMonte said:

We got any more get togethers planned?

We can plan another one. Would you will be willing work with me on it? I was thinking it would be nice try another shoot me a pm 

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      When January 27  9 am 
      where Blue lake
      crappies are the target but I can point to other kinds of fish.
      please bring treats and this for people of all ages. 
    • Monkster
      By Monkster
      LCRA 2017 Ice Fishing poster V3.pdf
    • Monkster
      By Monkster
      This will our 5th contest at Gervais Lake in Little Canada! 100% of all money raised goes to promotion of youth activitie in the Little Canada area, including Roseville, Maplewood, Vadnais Heights and St. Paul!

Little Canada Recreation Association
      5th Annual Ice Fishing Contest
      February 6, 2016 – Lake Gervais
      Over $5000 in Prizes!
      Open to all ages – Great prizes, raffles and concessions.
      Gates open at 10:30am  Ticket Prices - $15 in advance or $20 day of event  - 1 hole per ticket – 2 hole max per person
      Limited tickets will be sold
      Booya proudly served by the Little Canada Fire Department.
      Tickets on sale now at:

Little Canada City Center
      Hardware Hank (Rice St,)
      Joe’s Sporting Goods
      Hoggsbreath
      Little Canada Bingo Hall
      Gordies
      For more information, contact: [email protected]
      Or, visit Little Canada Recreation Association website: lcraonline.org
    • LoonASea
      By LoonASea
      Looking to organize a Lake Superior get together see more info in "Great Lakes Salmon, Lakers & Trout" tread in the Fish by Species forums
    • Thorne Bros
      By Thorne Bros
      Ok, it might be in the middle of the open water season, but believe it or not, ice fishing is right around the corner and the staff at Thorne Bros is excited to start talking ice fishing again!
      That being said, the date is set for the 11th Annual Thorne Bros and HotSpotOutdoors.com Portable Modification Get Together!!! ...
      Date: Saturday, September 26
      Times: 9am - 5pm (however the store will be open at 8am)
      For anyone who has been to any one of these events in the past, I think it's safe to say it's a fun-filled day and everyone goes home happy!
      A TON of companies in attendance and it officially kicks off the ice fishing season!
      Some things to expect...
      - Check out modified portable fish houses
      - Enter your modified portable fish house for a chance to win GREAT prizes
      - Listen to excellent seminars from ice fishing professionals
      - Enjoy food and snacks
      - Go home with tons of FREE prizes and giveaways from attending companies
      - Partake in Ice fishing talk with fellow anglers and your favorite ice fishing companies
      - DISCOUNTS on EVERYTHING in the store!!!
      - ICE FISHING EXCITEMENT IN THE SUMMER!!!
      - Plus more!!!
      This means you might want to get out your portable fish houses and begin your modifications! We will make the prizes for 1st-3rd definitely worthwhile!!!
      So, mark your calendars for Saturday, September 26 and see everyone there!
      More details to come...
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SkunkedAgain
      Nice walleye FDR - and welcome to the site. Your son most of been proud to catch that one!
    • leech~~
      The problem with FaceBook is that you have to post your name and show pictures of yourself for all to see.  That's why some folks like it on these forums because the shady and criminals can stay incognito. 😆 🤣 
    • Sorgy
      Hoodoo Lake- My dad said "it has big Northerns in it" This may not be very current as he said that like 40 years ago.    Hopefully I will make it back up for a few weekends. We need snow and lots of it.   Good Luck 
    • mnicerookie
      How was the ice thickness? Are people driving?
    • Hookmaster
      Sorry to see you go IceHawk. If it's not enjoyable anymore it's time. I've been a member since 2002 but my contributions dropped off a lot when HSO was added. I don't really know why. I recently retired and have started to contribute more. I plan to fish way, way more than I have been so I should have more info to share. I'll update my profile in the next week to let you guys know more about me.
    • rundrave
      Your welcome to join me anytime. I still hunt and fish with a lot of the same guys that no longer frequent FM or HSO.    I have reduced a lot of my content also because it’s not worth the hassle to type up detailed reports or stories any more so I know exactly how you feel.   I have a good network via PM’s and reports that my circle doesn’t share on the forums etc. I’m not in Facebook either but my PM’s are always open lol   sure do miss the glory days on these forums.
    • slipperybob
      Otter was one of the first shelter to get the insulated material right to reduce condensation and frost build up. Eskimo is right behind there now with their newer Stormsheild Fabric on their Outbreak XD series.
    • monstermoose78
      @IceHawk I will stay in touch and the things I learn from you and the St. Cloud crew was awesome.
    • smurfy
      better fire up that device i put on the new truck!!!!!!!!!😆🤪
    • IceHawk
      Thanks guys! I hope someday you guys can get things back to where it once was. And if would get there I and I'm sure others will be back! She was a blast in its heydays for sure !! Wanderer maybe with some luck we can someday share a blind together. I can see through your stuff you have the same passion for waterfowl as me. 👍 RundRave really like to join you sometime in SD to do a little pheasant hunting your intel from out there and pics have always kept smile on my face 😀  Smurfy you were always there to make me smile on a poopty day !  Wish I could of met more of you guys over the years but  unfortunately it didn't happen but I'm on the ice at least 4-5  days a week so you never no! Most of the ST Cloud crew I fish with quite often so I'll see you guys soon.  A few questions have been related to me going on Facebook with my stuff joining some groups that's a strong no! I'm not on Facebook tried it once not for me. Some of you may see me posting on some other sites  and a few other places I'm working on 😉

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.