• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

got out on little rock tonight and was able to get a few crappies and a couple walleyes 12 fow jigging a buckshot with minnow on about 9 inches of ice

• Thumbs Up 4

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Mike hopefully you can share the ice with us sometime. Ill  do my best to get you on some fresh fish.

• Thumbs Up 3

I would love that , I can pretty much get away when I need to if I have enough notice. I just want you to know that I am not trying to intrude but just like to meet new people. NOT A STALKER !!!!!

Mike

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

icehawk like stalkers... ll ;);)   I'll be on clearwater thursday morning somewhere.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Easy lake to find , I assume that was possibly a invitation to maybe fish on the same lake as you ? Or I could be dead wrong !!!

Mike

• Thumbs Up 1

A car drove out onto pearl last night. A little risky for me still, and everyone else in the parking lot. It's getting to that point people are going to start saying "yolo!". Be careful. 

1 minute ago, Naturboy said:

how much ice was there on Pearl? also was wondering how much on Grand if anyone knows.

10" where I was sitting. I did not check on the way out, so measure yourself if you're going to drive out. I don't want to be pointed at if someone hits a weak spot where it's only 6".

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2016 at 8:10 PM, huskybass said:

Any chance you could share the recipe?  Or point me in the right direction?

On 1/11/2016 at 9:14 PM, Pannie snatcher said:

I would also like this recipe! Very interesting!

The way I bake fish is very simple......

Butter baking dish and fillets. Sprinkle fillets with lemon pepper, black pepper and rosemary, then place fillets over a few onion slices in baking dish. Pop into oven set at 250, flipping fillets once when almost done. Fillet thickness determines how long to cook, but generally 45-60 min. will do it. Cook until fish flakes easily with fork. Squeeze some lemon juice over if you like and ENJOY!

• Thumbs Up 2

Quite a few cars and small to mid-size trucks out on Pearl yesterday evening. I drove my crew cab canyon out and probably should've waited. Only 9 inches near the small city popping up out there. Had a few eyes spook my minnow but no takers. 

Thought I'd share my mid-week adventure. Lake 1 ended up to be just a good cardio workout. Hoofed out about 1/2 mile, punched close to 75 holes and searched 3 separate pieces of structure. The first search area, and usually a good bet to find activity was a large corner of a weedy flat that saddles to a shallow mid-lake hump. Drilling out the corner from 8'-15' found limited negative gills, and only a few perch. From there I drilled out a grid on the tip of the hump, which also was devoid of what we were after. I knew it would be a tough bite Thursday, considering an East/Northeast wind and a rising barometer, but didn't think the problem would be finding gills, just figuring out how to get bit. After drilling out another area on the same weedline and finding nothing, we agreed to throw in the towel and head elsewhere. It was to be the last decent weather day until next week, and we weren't in the mood to waste it.

Lake 2 started off more promising, with at least landing on some fish. Most of the area was thick with smaller bottom lovers, both perch and of all things small river shiners, but held promise with the occasional suspended cruising gill and crappie. Getting those better sized high riders in the water column to bite, turned out to be quite the chore. I slowly dialed in what seemed to work alright. Feeling I covered this area long enough, and not finding what I wanted, I decided to probe another area of the lake.

A large mid-lake shallow flat, with sparse weed growth was the destination. This area was holding more of what I look for on my electronics and hopefully at the end of my rod. The school was small and roaming the edge of the flat, but I figured if I could stay on them and further fine-tune my presentation, I could scratch out a meal. More importantly, my mind was focused figuring what/how those thick red marks would bite. I finally did, and caught several fish in the 8 1/2"- 9" range along with about a dozen around 7 1/2"- 8". About the time things were firing on a cylinders, Murphy showed up; my Vexilar battery was fried. Once we returned to the area the bite tighten up and only a few decent fish were caught. 

Mission accomplished, cracking the code of a tough bite.   

013.JPG

Great colors on Male and Female011.JPG

• Thumbs Up 4

Nice Reort Tom very detailed! Sounds fun wish I could of joined you guys but had to put a dent in the coyote population.. At least you had a backup battery close :)

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I am still sore... lol  

1 hour ago, IceHawk said:

Nice Reort Tom very detailed! Sounds fun wish I could of joined you guys but had to put a dent in the coyote population.. At least you had a backup battery close :)

That's to bad Royce. Looking at the forecast, you'll have plenty of time to heal buddy. 

I told you I play hockey Thursday nights in the "old man's" league, but I was surprised I was still able to join a pickup game last night.

Thanks Chris, would of been fun to share the ice again with you buddy; until next adventure..... As far as Murphy's Law, I always backup something as critical as sonar.

As the legend says " I won't go fishing without my VEXILAR"; even if my backup was a BIRD.

LOL, the battery came out, and went in the Vex. 

Tony great Report nice cat.  Looks like  your dialed in!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Great reports Tony and Tom!  I like that we're getting some cold weather for ice purposes.  But why is the worst of it falling on the only days I have available to fish. :mad:

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/16/2016 at 11:15 AM, Borch said:

Great reports Tony and Tom!  I like that we're getting some cold weather for ice purposes.  But why is the worst of it falling on the only days I have available to fish. :mad:

I really am missing the college life where I had 3 days a week to fish. This new job keeps getting in the way of fishing, but looks like next weekend will be a nice one.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/18/2016 at 8:14 AM, Weathertite said:

Good Morning Moose , I suppose you cant wait for retirement then ?:lol:

I was born for retirement