• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did an ice check this morning.   Along shore there is 4",  main bay 3", but there are isolated areas with about 2" or less.   Should be ready by this weekend for walking if you know the lake and its soft spots otherwise I would stay off yet.

Don

• Thumbs Up 4

Thank you Don for keeping us updated on the current ice conditions. This has been a big help and a deciding factor in where I will be fishing today :-)

• Thumbs Up 2

Not a report from here, but was up on North Long yesterday 371 bay. Didn't expect much, as I never have any luck on this part of the lake, only the main body. Ice was solid 6-7" with a couple wheelers out. As far as the fishing, I mainly targeted walleye and northern in about 18' water. Rattlin flyer with minnow head kept the hammer handles busy. Was good to get out finally. Might take a vaca day and head out again tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 3

At least someone finally made it out. Nice fish Rick , looks like a lot of fun. Stay safe and fish well and please keep us updated . Happy Holidays

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to be back. Merry x mass all! Nice fish Brian you have likely caught those fish before at this point hahah. How is ice on rice? Was going to head up to red lake tomarrow but it sounds like the snow will make a long trip even longer

last nite on the way to moms for xmas eve we drove past horseshoe. there where about 8-9 portables out by that dog island. one what appeared to be a sperhouse along the shore going back towards the channel that goes to long. a couple guys fishing by schuellers! also from what I could see a couple smaller houses beyond the meth hole towards krons bay. could see a couple houses out on becker. my bet they where spearhouses.

• Thumbs Up 2

Teamed up with Patty last night on the chain to see if the big girls were still where Rick and I left them. The approaching storm system turned the fish on as expected. Our Vexilars were lit up like Christmas trees once we found the area that was holding fish, non stop, all evening.

Of coarse Patty caught the biggest at just over 12 1/2, but numbers of very respectable crappies were caught and released. Hope the lake doesn't flood and turn into a big nightmare with this snowfall. North winds today are going to really pile it up.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wishing you the best of luck Rick , Let us know how you did and some pictures would be nice again since apparently I have to live out my ice fishing thru you for a few more days. Stay safe and have fun !!!!   Mike

• Thumbs Up 1

New to the forum deal. I have been paying close attention to the ice reports. Looking to get back to the cabin on cedar island soon and do some hard water fishing. Just wondering if anyone has ice reports 

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Pannie First off welcome to the site ice varies in the area I would say 3-5 inches norm right now but some areas have less.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Pannie First off welcome to the site ice varies in the area I would say 3-5 inches norm right now but some areas have less.

Thanks for the response do you know of any safe access to cedar. Our cabin is on the channel and am afraid we won't be able to access there 

• Most people access onto cedar island from Hwy 22 there is a spot  in the little bay before  mud where they walk or drive on. Theis acres is a private area that people go on its located off cedar island lake road..
  • Thumbs Up 2

Went out to mayhew lake to check ice. Me and my brave wife found 3.8 to 4 inches of ice in various areas. We fished for a little bit only got one bite. Didn't do much moving around Just hung out with the wife and checked ice thickness.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, IceHawk said:
  • Most people access onto cedar island from Hwy 22 there is a spot  in the little bay before  mud where they walk or drive on. Theis acres is a private area that people go on its located off cedar island lake road..

Thanks for the info hope I can contribute in the future we are new to the lake as of this last summer 

• Thumbs Up 1

Great post pinksinnko looking forward to more of your reports in the future :)

More bad news for this ice season........................................

Winter Storm Watch

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN MN
337 AM CST SUN DEC 27 2015

...HEAVY SNOW EXPECTED FOR CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN MINNESOTA AND
WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN MONDAY AFTERNOON INTO TUESDAY...

.A WINTER STORM WATCH CONTINUES FOR MUCH OF CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN
MINNESOTA AND WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON INTO
TUESDAY MORNING...GENERALLY ALONG AND EAST OF A LINE FROM GRANITE
FALLS...TO ST. CLOUD...AND MORA. THIS INCLUDES THE TWIN CITIES
METRO AREA...SOUTH TO INTERSTATE 90 AND THE IOWA BORDER. SNOWFALL
ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED WITHIN THE WATCH AREA.

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...

* TIMING...MONDAY AFTERNOON INTO DAYBREAK TUESDAY.

* MAIN IMPACT...SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.
CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

• Thumbs Up 1

You and everyone else HOPES  they are wrong , the nice thing is that they usually are WRONG !!!:D:D

Weather models as of now show the heaviest band south and then east of our area. They also are all over the place with amounts; from 2" - 13". Tuesday morning will tell the tale of the tape, but from the looks of the storm it will be a strong. They are predicting a couple feet today, in of all places, Texas.

Where is the Hate button???

• Thumbs Up 3

From my years of plowing snow I have learned they if they predict a lot you should expect little , if they predict little you should expect a lot.  Hope that hold true this time as well.  Mike

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to FM mmp98 Great report Nice to see a few more guys get involved  in the St Cloud forums. Grand is a bugger don't feel bad I lived on that lake for 4 years and pulled a lot of hair out  trying to figure that lake out. :)  Always found a few eyes but the consistincy to keep on a steady bite always through me for curve . Awesome Pike and Bass lake and a sleeper for eyes. Looking forward to more reports from you in the future :)

• Thumbs Up 1