• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tealitup

Film being produced

tealitup

If this is not allowed please feel free to remove.  

My friend, Stefanie, is an associate producer of the film and is a rising star.    COLD NOVEMBER (2016)
Set on the Iron Range, Cold November follows 12-year old Florence through her first deer hunt, a traditional rite of passage in her Minnesotan family. With the guidance of her mother, grandmother, and aunt, Florence discovers and accepts the path she must take toward adulthood while living through the aftermath of a recent family trauma.

Cold November is being made in Northern Minnesota and needs some help from Minnesotans.  They are conducting a KickStarter Campaign for $25,000.

Here's how you can help,

1.      Visit  Kickstarter page and pledge what you can: www.coldnovemberfilm.com

2.      Find  on social media: FacebookTwitterInstagram

3.      Join the mailing list: www.coldnovemberfilm.com/list 

I figured fellow hunters could get behind this movie - and with Deer Hunting next weekend its perfect timing. 

leech~~

What ever happened to this?  Did they make the movie and if so where can it be seen now? 

tealitup

This was the last email I received:

World Premiere at CPH:PIX Buster 

The world premiere of Cold November will happen with 2 screenings in Copenhagen with a special event featuring local hunting celebrity and educator "Wildman" David Carsten Pedersen:

-Premiere screening on September 27th at 10:00 am, Palads Theater 
-Encore screening on September 27th at 11:30 pm, Palads Theater
-I will be in attendance with lead and Actress Bijou Abas 

----------------
North American Premiere at Woodstock Film Festival 

The North American premiere of Cold November will bring the film to the woodsy wonderland of Woodstock. It's a perfect time to get out of the city and see upstate New York at its most beautiful.

-Premiere screening on October 13th, at 4:00 m, Upstate Theater, Woodstock 
-Second screening on October 14th at 7:00 pm, Upstate Theater II, Rhinebeck
-I will be in attendance along with Bijou Abas, Anna Klemp, Pete Ohs and Kubilay Uner

-----------------
Midwest Premiere at the Twin Cities Film Fest 

It's exciting to be bringing the film back to the state that spawned it, and right at the 2 year anniversary of shooting it in Northern Minnesota. This will be our hometown premiere, so expect it to be a great crowd with attendance by most of the people who made the movie happen.

-One and only premiere screening on Saturday, October 21st, at 7ish pm (exact time TBD), ShowPlace ICON Theatre in St. Louis Park, MN.
-Much if not all of the cast and crew will be in attendance. This will be a fun one. Special limited edition goodies will be available for raffle and purchase

------------------

caf26945d5e796c6cc26f53beec8042c_original.png?w=700&fit=max&v=1505325216&auto=format&lossless=true&s=207ec2aa6552655a380e6c3c1853c050

More dates, locations and events will be announced in the coming months, including our expansion into a theatrical release this January!

Talk to you all soon. Looking forward to seeing you at the theater!

-Karl

leech~~

The first post was 2015, you would think it would have hit Utube by now?

tealitup

Right!  I am greatly disappointed.  I donated for the cause :(

leech~~

I like to watch these kinds of movies to see if they portray a love for hunting or Anti-hunting?  I looked up the actress Bijou Abas and found this movie cover-picture.  So may be they made something?

Just found this on-line. Looks like it's coming out next week?

Plot synopsis:
“Deep in the wilderness of rural middle America, 12-year-old Florence is eager to undergo the rite-of- passage of her first deer hunt. A tradition passed down through many generations of women in her family, the act of killing a deer symbolizes the transition into adulthood. As Florence is taught how to shoot a gun and skin a deer, she gains a deeper understanding of life and death. When Florence finds herself alone during a hunt, however, expectations dissolve into chaos as she must rely on her instinct and training to follow through with her decisions, pull herself together, and face becoming an adult.”

Let’s hope the little girl will make it out alive!

The release date of the movie Cold November is set to October 20, 2017.

MV5BNGJhZTBkZDctNDUwNi00YTRkLTk0MmQtMjM5MTljOThkZjdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3OTE2NA@@__V1_SY1000_CR0,0,719,1000_AL_.jpg

Edited by leech~~

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• MRGC
      By MRGC
      2019 Fall Rifle Site-in at the Monticello Rod & Gun Club
      October 19-20, 26-27 November 2-3.
      10am to 4pm
      $10.00 per gun and $5.00 for additional gun per person.
      Monticello Rod & Gun Club
      1821 W. River Street
      Monticello, MN 55362
      If you need help, members will be available.

www.monticellorodandgunclub.org
    • Nick Billig
      By Nick Billig
      We are looking to add a sales person to our Vadnais Heights, MN office. If you are unfamiliar with our company, we publish regional fishing and outdoor maps/information for the Midwest and East Coast. We’re well established and currently doing business at most your mom and pop shops as well as almost all the major outdoor outlets and big box stores.

We’re in the process of expanding into new markets and are in need of some sales support. This is a great opportunity for someone with no prior sales experience that wants to get their foot in the door and work for a growing company in the Outdoor field. Must be a self starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills – AND must enjoy talking hunting and fishing of course….

Pay: Base Salary + Commission

If interested, please send me a private message on this site.

Thanks and tight lines!
      -Nick
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      On the last day to target predator species during this Ice Fishing season I went out on Lake Vermilion. I setup for the morning on a break where I usually catch Walleye's with a few Yellow Perch mixed in but on this outing I caught mainly Jumbo Perch! Plus one bonus fish that took me over 4 minutes to get up the hole...

• Chevy Nation
      By Chevy Nation
      Hey guys and gals!
      I was wondering what kind of fish is this? I was thinking they were redhorse suckers or something but I am not 100% sure! I have been catching them out of the Mississippi and don't know if they are invasive or what the heck they are because they smell god awful!
      Thanks!

• flagislanddan
      By flagislanddan
      Greetings fishermen and women! Its great being back in the swing of things and better yet in the boat! Both the MN and Ontario season is now open and fishing has been great! Staffers here at Flag Island Resort have been busy getting ready for the upcoming summer months with some deep cleaning, window washing, grounds work and remodeling!

On the Minnesota side anglers have been catching nice saugers, walleyes and perch. Soon the crappies should be finding their way into the shallows around Angle Inlet and other small creeks and the walleyes have spawned out over the past couple of weeks. With the warmer temps that started out last week anglers were finding fish in shallower water between 5-17 feet now, with the cooler temps, rain and winds most of the fish have been pushed deeper into the 16-26 foot range. Points and reefs close to large land masses adjacent to sand and rubble have been hot locations. Anglers have found fish near Soldier’s, Little Oak, Oak Island and NW Point. The water surface temp has been in that 50-55 degree range. Right now it seems like everything is working from ¼ to 3/8 jigs to slow trolling with raps in the shallows as well as trolling spinners keeping on the move at 0.9 mph.

Over in Ontario, the walleye, sauger, crappie, perch and pike have been hungry. Perch and crappie should be spawning soon. Crappies are being caught around the 20 foot mark . Sandy bays and points have been best for the walleye and crappie bite while the perch are still caught in the rocks. Many pike have been caught in areas with current. There have been reports of a lot of smallmouth mixed in with the walleyes.  Jigging with a ¼-3/8 ounce jig has been the ticket and the water temp has been around 49-52 degrees.

We hope to see you up here soon!
      Until next week, good luck fishing!
      Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Cale Albers
      Flag Island Resort
      218-223-8011

• UpNorth Bassing
      By UpNorth Bassing
      ISO vexilar pm me what you got and price picture is preferred 

• UpNorth Bassing
      By UpNorth Bassing
      ISO vexilar pm me what you got and price picture is preferred 
    • SweetsFishing
      By SweetsFishing
      Hey all,a little update for you on how things are going up here in the north land. After extensive flooding with the other resorts on the creek and some help from some heavy equipment we now have a suitable crossing on the lake side of the point! We began hauling houses out today and are excited to get fishing soon! If anyone has an itch to get some early ice fishing in we have a couple houses out now and plan on bringing the rest of the fleet out over the next couple of days. The ice in the first couple miles past the crossing is quite rough but there's smoother ice after about the 2 mile mark on the trail. The early reports of the fishing from the first few days is decent in the 20-23' of water range jigging with frozen shiners. Happy fishing everyone and we can't wait to see you on beautiful Lake of the Woods! 

Visit us on the web www.sweetsfishing.com
      Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/sweetsfishing
      Follow us on Twitter www/twitter.com/sweetsfishing

• Deerstalker
      By Deerstalker
      Hey, I'm heading up to Ely over the 4th of July and plan on fishing Shagawa for some walleye.
      I've fished it a number of times in the winter and done pretty well. Is the summer bite typically okay?
    • trebormorgan
      By trebormorgan
      Well, it's Friday, March 18th.  It looked like the warm weather this past week was going to put an end to my favorite time of the year to ice fish, but it hasn't ended. 
      Last night temperatures dipped into the mid 20's and tonight we'll be be seeing temps around 20.  I bet tomorrow morning a guy will have to use an auger to reopen holes. 
      Yep, I'm crazy...crazy about fishing.  Get your waders on, fill a 5 gallon bucket with everything you need, and get out for the last weekend.  When you wade out to the ice and crawl on, I bet you tell yourself, I should've been doing this in the past.  It's awesome to be alive! 
      Tight lines!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Tom Sawyer
      Sad news ... Prayers sent, get well soon
    • SkunkedAgain
      It looks like a bunch of snow fell overnight. Hopefully this doesn't have a huge impact on ice conditions.  
    • Ref
      Sorry to hear about Cookie.   Can anyone share what type of accident it was?   Ref
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Everything I’ve heard most guys have had nothing but good things to say about this setup! Can’t wait to try it. Planning on keeping the 8” if I want a bigger hole or chasing other species. Think I might pickup the clam adjustable extension for a little more length so it’s not so short. And maybe a few spare bigger dewalt batteries.
    • tinker
      Can't go wrong with that set up . I have similar with Milwaukee M18 . I have a converted 6 '' Mora and an 8'' Nils. I have quick connect pins so changing bits is easy. I use the 6'' to find fish and drill an 8'' hole for fishing. You can also drill the 6'' close to the 8 '' for your transducer. 
    • eyeguy 54
      drill baby drill! 
    • Chuck DiVito
      Hello I believe I messaged you before.  I own Fox River Lures and Rods and need a 14 rod Ice rack.  7 per side.  unfinished just like this one you did.  I need it asap.  How much?  Can you make it in a way my retailers can assemble it easily rather than having it assembled ahead of time?  Then depending on price I will order more than would not be a rush..  Thank you Chuck DiVito.  [email protected]
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Got my new drill plate rig last night. Dewalt brushless drill with 4ah battery’s. Spun a 8” lazer hand auger great last weekend in 6” ice. Got a 6” lazer hand auger bit to pair with the plate so it should be an excellent combo. 13.3lbs is what the whole setup weighted! That works for me. Got a heck of a deal on the setup to with price matching and coupons so I can’t complain to much. Can’t wait to get the thing out it should rip the ice up. Anyone else have one they’d like to share there thoughts about it? 
    • smurfy
      i've also slowly have built some confidence in plastics, bu i also for the most part carry with me some sort of meat. depends on the lake!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • IceHawk
      Always there to help Bud  😉 cant wait to get after those perch again. Fished that area hard this summer learned alot!  Found a few new spots and new lakes with quality as well.