• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Film being produced

tealitup

If this is not allowed please feel free to remove.  

My friend, Stefanie, is an associate producer of the film and is a rising star.    COLD NOVEMBER (2016)
Set on the Iron Range, Cold November follows 12-year old Florence through her first deer hunt, a traditional rite of passage in her Minnesotan family. With the guidance of her mother, grandmother, and aunt, Florence discovers and accepts the path she must take toward adulthood while living through the aftermath of a recent family trauma.

Cold November is being made in Northern Minnesota and needs some help from Minnesotans.  They are conducting a KickStarter Campaign for $25,000.

Here's how you can help,

1.      Visit  Kickstarter page and pledge what you can: www.coldnovemberfilm.com

2.      Find  on social media: FacebookTwitterInstagram

3.      Join the mailing list: www.coldnovemberfilm.com/list 

I figured fellow hunters could get behind this movie - and with Deer Hunting next weekend its perfect timing. 

• 1 year later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

What ever happened to this?  Did they make the movie and if so where can it be seen now? 

This was the last email I received:

World Premiere at CPH:PIX Buster 

The world premiere of Cold November will happen with 2 screenings in Copenhagen with a special event featuring local hunting celebrity and educator "Wildman" David Carsten Pedersen:

-Premiere screening on September 27th at 10:00 am, Palads Theater 
-Encore screening on September 27th at 11:30 pm, Palads Theater
-I will be in attendance with lead and Actress Bijou Abas 

----------------
North American Premiere at Woodstock Film Festival 

The North American premiere of Cold November will bring the film to the woodsy wonderland of Woodstock. It's a perfect time to get out of the city and see upstate New York at its most beautiful.

-Premiere screening on October 13th, at 4:00 m, Upstate Theater, Woodstock 
-Second screening on October 14th at 7:00 pm, Upstate Theater II, Rhinebeck
-I will be in attendance along with Bijou Abas, Anna Klemp, Pete Ohs and Kubilay Uner

-----------------
Midwest Premiere at the Twin Cities Film Fest 

It's exciting to be bringing the film back to the state that spawned it, and right at the 2 year anniversary of shooting it in Northern Minnesota. This will be our hometown premiere, so expect it to be a great crowd with attendance by most of the people who made the movie happen.

-One and only premiere screening on Saturday, October 21st, at 7ish pm (exact time TBD), ShowPlace ICON Theatre in St. Louis Park, MN.
-Much if not all of the cast and crew will be in attendance. This will be a fun one. Special limited edition goodies will be available for raffle and purchase

------------------

caf26945d5e796c6cc26f53beec8042c_original.png?w=700&fit=max&v=1505325216&auto=format&lossless=true&s=207ec2aa6552655a380e6c3c1853c050

More dates, locations and events will be announced in the coming months, including our expansion into a theatrical release this January!

Talk to you all soon. Looking forward to seeing you at the theater!

-Karl

The first post was 2015, you would think it would have hit Utube by now?

I like to watch these kinds of movies to see if they portray a love for hunting or Anti-hunting?  I looked up the actress Bijou Abas and found this movie cover-picture.  So may be they made something?

Just found this on-line. Looks like it's coming out next week?

Plot synopsis:
“Deep in the wilderness of rural middle America, 12-year-old Florence is eager to undergo the rite-of- passage of her first deer hunt. A tradition passed down through many generations of women in her family, the act of killing a deer symbolizes the transition into adulthood. As Florence is taught how to shoot a gun and skin a deer, she gains a deeper understanding of life and death. When Florence finds herself alone during a hunt, however, expectations dissolve into chaos as she must rely on her instinct and training to follow through with her decisions, pull herself together, and face becoming an adult.”

Let’s hope the little girl will make it out alive!

The release date of the movie Cold November is set to October 20, 2017.

MV5BNGJhZTBkZDctNDUwNi00YTRkLTk0MmQtMjM5MTljOThkZjdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3OTE2NA@@__V1_SY1000_CR0,0,719,1000_AL_.jpg

Edited by leech~~

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Nope not me.  May want to go nextdoor and ask around?  
    • smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.