• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WildFan10

Corn Harvest in SW MN/Seeing Birds?

WildFan10

What does the corn harvest look like in southwest MN? I assume they have started, but maybe a week or two until they are done? Anyone seeing any pheasants in the Marshall/Lake Benton area? Good luck to all in the fields this weekend. 

muc33

Yes, the transition to corn has started, and weather looks favorable to keep on moving.  though few acres of corn have been harvested, it's drying very nice and they should be able to pull at a pretty good pace.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Stickjiggler
      Papadarv Your camera setup looks pretty sweet. Any chance you would do a how to build it for us?
    • Rick
      Welcome to FM @chuckziegler.   Thank you for the info.
    • CigarGuy
      I think BigV sent you a msg. The number on the sign is 218-666-6063
    • papadarv
      I fish out of a wheel house, hub or flip. Over the years I have found a camera to be an extremely fishing tool as long as water is somewhat clear. (Dont work well on Red or LOTW). My Flasher or Showdown both mark fish before they show up on camera due to cone area greater than camera view. Biggest advantage over flashsr/showdown is the "light bite" which happens often on ice. With flasher, red (fish) consumes green (bait) turning green to red indicating fish on - setting hook and miss. With camera I see fish barley lip the minnow/worm/plastic often hold a few to 15 seconds than suck bait in and instentally spit it out aka the miss. With camera you see the suck in, set the hook, fish on. Watching the many behaviours really adds to wisdom. Sometimes like last Sunday watching my grandkids playing and learning with Gills & Perch was extreanily gratifying. My camera is self built, in a suitcase totally push button wireless to drop, retrive, rotate left/hight, one button record high def.  
    • Wanderer
      😄 yeah, actual lumber would be littering.  I just meant that as a slang expression for wood, aka branches.     For what it’s worth, I think you know I’m also one who appreciates a good muskie and will gladly abide by conservation efforts for the specie.  I just don’t put any one fish higher above all others when it comes to the management of a lake.  Except maybe lake trout! 🙃
    • Chill62
      Lake travel getting better...you can thank me for buying tracks 3 weeks ago!!!  LOL  Good thing is it'll make it easier to get around bad part is the sun will start eating up the ice quickly.
    • chuckziegler
      Cell service is spotty but ATT is available several places on the lake.  You can also use the cell phone at the Sherrick's office in an emergency.  Just ask for Steve.  Call 937 244 1900 for any additional questions. Chuck Ziegler Owner
    • chuckziegler
      The resort is under new ownership and  is open from May through September. There are 4 fully equipped rental cabins, which include boats, motors, full kitchen, generator, hot showers and flush toilets.  Parties of 6 or more pay $450.00 per person per week, all inclusive. Prices have been this low since the 1990's. Great fishing for walleye, northern, small mouth, perch, whitefish, and lake trout. Limited access lake, so the fishing pressure is very low. Located on Johnson Lake with access to Little Johnson and Spring Lake. Borders Voyagers National Park, and Superior National Forest. Call 937 244 1900 for details. Chuck Ziegler , Owner
    • Rick
      As for me I would prefer they pull those trophies out of the lake. Their reproductive ability is more limited and they are soon destined to become food for the ecosystem anyway.   I also advocate for encouraging harvest of year classes that are too large, such as the 2013 year class that will soon be protected. It's not always about me me me. Sometimes it's about what is best for the fishery.
    • Eyesniper
      Does anyone have current knowledge on ice road distances? I know each resort will be different. Hearing roads are 20+ miles out from pine which would put them beyond garden. Heading up after the weekend and curious how far the roads are out. Any info helps, thanks guys. Enjoy fishing with the warm weekend!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.