• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Platte Lake Fishing Reports (SW of Mille lacs)

headed to Platte for the first time with my boys and some bone fisher people to chase some blue gills and anything else that will bite.  Couple questions:

Any way to narrow down where to look for them as the looks to be a ton of great habitat?

is there a sand bar or area we can park to swim that isn't full of weeds?

Thinking of of bringing some suckers too as bobbers will rule our day. 

Thanks ik advance and good luck on the water!

• The topic was unfeatured
  • 1 month later...

Jeff:  Did you in fact get to Platte, and have any luck. ?  I  have not fished the lake for years, but may try for some pannies this coming weekend, Any insights appreciated.

• 2 years later...

this is an old thread, but im looking for info on this lake for a panfishing trip in a couple weeks. Is it worth my time? Lots of other lakes in that area, other ones that i would be better off trying? Can PM me if would like. Thanks in advance

I had some luck out there late in the year last year, out from the access a couple hundred yards.  The bigger group was way off to the right near the island - but I was hoofing it, and that was too far for me. sunnies mostly in 12-15ft, occasionally a crappie suspended.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't help you there, if I get North of Mille Lacs I'm all the way to Winnie or Red.

• Thumbs Up 1