• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We are staying up in Lutsen for a couple days at the end of the month. Are there any good spots to fish from shore with my kids in the area? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Caribou Lake is just 4 miles up the caribou trail. It's not lights out, but bass, pike, and walleye can be caught from the dock. There's a handful of lakes off the caribou trail a few more miles up where I've been able to catch lot's of pike from shore, walleyes, perch, and sunnies can be had as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

If you head up the Caribou Trail and hit the Grade Road and head east you will come up on Crescent Lake Campground. Go past that and the lake will be on your right. There is a spot to pull over on the left side of the road.  Look for the Rocks that are little to the west of the parking spot. These rocks are bigger ones you can sit on them if your kids are little it might not be the best spot, but if they are 6 or over you should be good. Set a bobber about 1 and half down with a leech and bingo small mouth bass will keep  the kids busy. This spot has given me a few walleyes towards evening. You can toss bigger lures for Muskies as well. This a drive compared to the places JB mentioned.

If you are hoping to see a moose head east on the Grade Road and there will be ponds on the left side and they are normally good places to see a moose at sunset. I will be up next week and I will be driving around with my wife and I will fish from shore a little and will have a detailed report posted before you head up.

I hope you have a great trip and be safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Crescent Lake is actually to the west once you get to the grade from the caribou trail. There's a couple other lakes along the way as well, if you decide to make that drive (it's worth it), cascade, gust, homer, bouder, and lichen lakes all have shore fishing access also. I've seen quite a few moose, even a bear or 2 over the years driving down that road. 

If conditions permit, shore fishing Lake Superior is certainly worth a try. River mouths are the obvious places to start. Just keep your rod tip high and reel the spoons in fast.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Thanks JB my bad I was thinking of the Sawbill Trail. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information guys. Seeing a Moose is on our bucket list. Been going up about the last 6 years searching and have yet to see one!