• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Rick

Twins in 1st Place - It's been a while

Rick

Who'd of thunk all those crazy kids with a few choice veterans sprinkled in would be in 1st place at the end od May.

I'm guessing it has to be a combination of Mauers beard or Hunter's getting the young guys into it. :)

What do you think...how long will they stay in 1st place. I'm betting they are in 1st for a couple weeks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dotch

I wouldn't be surprised if they maintain this for a while. No one saw them coming. They're on a roll and Molly looks so far to be just what the doctor ordered. It's sure refreshing to come home after a long day out in the fields, do chores, crack a cold one, start the grill and settle into a game knowing they actually have a chance to win. Starting pitching with all these renovated arms has exceeded most expectations. Sure they've been shelled a few times but the thing that seems to happen is they're dusting themselves off and getting back after 'em the next time out. We were wondering how they're going to shift things around when Santana becomes eligible again. A nice problem to have for a change. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

mrklean

I'm not sold yet still way to early its a MN sports team something bad will happen :D

• Thumbs Up 1

hoppe56307

The only bad thing with Ervin is that he is not playoff eligible, should we make it that far. 

Speaking of playoffs they threw out the stat the other day that we really only need to play 10 games over .500 the rest of the way and we should have a shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

busse3775

I'm with mrklean, not really sold on it yet. It all depends on if our pitching can stay consistent and we can stay healthy.

Scott K

The only bad thing with Ervin is that he is not playoff eligible, should we make it that far. 

Speaking of playoffs they threw out the stat the other day that we really only need to play 10 games over .500 the rest of the way and we should have a shot.

hoppe56307

Well at least we have not had to go here

Rick

​Ummm..the Twins aren't doing what the Colts did to spark Mora's playoffs tirade...

Exactly the opposite negative nelly :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott K

I agree, the Twins have been fun to watch so far this year, it is nice to see some young kids having fun. I just dont want to jinx them with play off talk quite yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick

Blew a 4-12 lead last night to lose 6-4. My 2 week prediction went out the door in a hurry.

Now who is brave enough to predict when the Twins will be back in 1st place again?

Rick

The Twins have the 2nd best record in baseball. Now in 1st place all by themselves for the 1st time this season.

• Thumbs Up 3

DonBo

The Twins have the 2nd best record in baseball. Now in 1st place all by themselves for the 1st time this season.

​It's unbelievable. You look at this lineup on paper and you have to wonder how the heck they're doing it. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, but honestly? I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

hoppe56307

My guess is the injury bug will catch up with us soon.

Scott K

So it seems a new coach helped the team more then I thought it would.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well there looking good, as long as they don't play Det. Why did they play Perkins in that 6 - 4 loss  in a tie game, I'm still not sure he's closer, he scares me

• Thumbs Up 1

OLE77

May be scary but- He's leading American and National league in saves

• Thumbs Up 2

mrklean

Heading to the game on Saturday first of the year they will probably lose now :D

Rick

Stay away Daddio :D

• Thumbs Up 1

gunner55

You got it right Rick.Looks like it wasn't much of a game.It seems like they struggle with the Brewers some years.

• Thumbs Up 1

gunner55

Oops! I had the wrong day,it was Friday's that was 10-5 when they had a couple of errors

DonBo

Hear that? That's the sound of the other shoe dropping.  :(

Rick

The bats of May have died. :(

Finns

Great game going on tonight!  :lol:

Rick

Not happy about the sweep by KC but I am happy with what the Twins have done so far this year. When Santana gets back in under a month it should have a ripple effect on improving the Twins pitching.

• Thumbs Up 1

gunner55

Good to see Buxton & Vargas contribute last night.Vargas's homer was crushed,he's a big guy,look out if he gets his timing down & learns to lay off the low & away off speed breaking stuff

Rick

They have exceeded expectations and an above .500 season is what I expect. They are young with a lot of very nice developing pieces.

I'm definitely excited about the future.

The Twins need to beat the poor teams. They haven't been doing that lately.

How will we do against Cincinnati...Twins getting their butts kicked right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick

Well, will the Twins make the playoffs or not? They are 2.5 games out of the Wild card behind Houston and tied with the  LA Angels. Twins have 7 games against Cleveland, 3 against Detroit, and 3 against KC.

While Houston has 3 against the Angels, 3 against Texas, 3 against Seattle and close out with 3 against Arizona.

LA has 3 against Houston, 3 against  Seattle, 3 against Oakland and 4 closing out against Texas.

Of course LA and the Twins are 4 back of Texas, The losing streak may have finished us off. What do you think?

rundrave

As Jim Souhan said the other day, its simple. Until the twins are out of it, they're in it :)

They far exceeded my expectations this year, if they dont make the playoffs, this year was still a huge improvement over the last few years.

• Thumbs Up 1

gunner55

Santana pitched another good 1 last night, 3-1 win

• Thumbs Up 1

ANYFISH2

I am hoping and pulling for them to make the playoffs.  However, I just don't think they will.  The series against the Angels, really took the wind out of the sails for me.

I am happy we should end the season at .500 or better, I has been a good season.  It is so very nice to be discussing playoff possibility here in late September.

• Thumbs Up 2