• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Rick

Big Pike with 111 Crappies in Stomach

walleye29us

Wow!!!!!! Thats incredible. Just shows how much a big pike can eat!

1eyeReD

Holy cow.

stellarfisher

Hoax! Saw this picture over the winter.  Was supposed to be from Big Stone, when I saw it.

delcecchi

Yeah, I remember that picture too.

Mike #1

I bet it is related to the record Rainy Lake 55" pike.:D

mammothpike1.jpg

walleye29us

Are you guys saying this is NOT a Mille Lacs walleye?

Sculpin

It is in fact a  Northern Pike, not a walleye. It remains to be seen if it came out of Mille Lacs.

eyeguy 54

Pike caught with 111 crappies...

10168141_841013442630560_215239720277620

111 crappies in it's stomach.

​good thing there is no blood in the pic or you would be in big trouble!!   lolo ;) ;) 

Rick

​good thing there is no blood in the pic or you would be in big trouble!!   lolo ;) ;) 

​Read the fine print with respect to meat/fish/poultry being cleaned :)

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

ya sure you betcha...  :grin:

walleye29us

LMAO, I guess i should double check my posts. Ya ever here that song"i got stoned and i missed it"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Yetzer2468
      By Yetzer2468
      Hey guys! First post so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong spot. 

I just moved to Elk River, MN and am feening for some fish. I have no idea where to go first but do any of you know any decent spots to get some Crappie or Walleye within a 45 min drive from Elk River? Any spots are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!!!! 
    • smalljaw
      By smalljaw
      Finally, a rain free day on Rainy Lake.

• cg2
      By cg2
      Anyone know of lakes with decent shore fishing near Mankato? I've gone to North Shore on Madison Lake but can't find any shore on other lakes near by. Any suggestions?
    • John Schulz
      By John Schulz
      Looking for some fun easy Shore fishing spots. New to fishing as an adult, only fished when I was 10-13 in scouts. From California having moved to Moorhead Oct 18, just got fishing license for my wife and I. 

Bought some poles and gear and just wondering if anyone can point me in the directions of some great spots to fish off shore, as we do not have a boat. 

Thank you. 
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      Day 1 up on Flag Island Resort brought us many Walleye, Sauger and Perch on the Minnesota side of Lake of the Woods. Day 2 however we went into the Canadian water to fish an area that has Walleye, Perch, Sauger and some REALLY BIG Crappies! This plan and location did not disappoint - I won't be forgetting this day on the ice!

• Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Hello all,

I am new to the area and don't know where to begin fishing. I'm looking for a lake around Mankato that has walleye / crappies in it. I would like to make it out a few times this fall yet and then hit the ice hard. Any advice on what lakes to start with? There's so many that I don't know how to choose which one to go to. 
    • Jesse Wilkins
      By Jesse Wilkins
      Hey fellas, I developed a free fishing phone app for my fellow fisherman. It’s called FishIQ. I broke down 10 species by their location based on the water temperature. So if you’re looking for quick pointers or interested on where to find other species throughout the seasons give it a try! Hopefully it leads to more fish at the boat!
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Mike89
    • LUCIFER
      Corey Kitzmann of Davenport, Iowa now holds Minnesota’s brand-new state record catch-and-release muskellunge, a 57¼-inch monster caught on Lake Vermilion.   read it in the Duluth news tribune   https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/4731617-Iowa-angler-lands-monster-musky-on-Lake-Vermilion
    • Rick
      Nice report and video showing the action. 
    • Rick
      Nice outing Borch!
    • ozzie
      Got out Saturday and tried for some eyes and didn't find a one...barely graphed a fish in many areas!  We switched it up and went crappie fishing and found a school in deep water and caught enough for a meal.  We were using small jigging raps.  Great bait when trying to stay vertical in deeper water with a slight wind.  Hope to get out another time or 2 but we will see what ma nature has to say about that...Good Luck- Ozzie
    • MRGC
      We are actually in the city of Monticello.  We had to get a building permit for the shooting shelters and MN DNR grant.  As part of the building permit process the city asked us to do some sound testing.  Interestingly, we are quieter then the city standards.The motorcycles and pickups with big tires were quite a bit louder then our shooting tests.  We also added sound deadening material to the ceilings of our shelters.  It helps big time.  Our club has been there since 1946 and predates any housing in the area.  MN ranges are protected when you are in compliance, and we are.  More improvements to come to our range soon.  Great place, great people.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A fantastic week of fall walleye fishing.  Walleyes in good numbers across the south shore of Lake of the Woods.  Most popular depths are 14 - 24'.  Anchoring up with a jig with frozen shiner is the ticket.  Jig colors in gold, pink, glow, orange or a combo of these colors working well.  Strong numbers of walleyes and saugers being caught.  Jumbo perch and pike in the mix.  Walleyes also being caught around Knight and Bridges islands and structure off of Long Point and Rocky Point. On the Rainy River...   Strong reports this past week and weekend of good numbers of walleyes along with some big walleyes taken.  Fish in spots with current breaks from mouth of river to Birchdale.  There is still a strong current and fish are congregating in areas with current breaks, often closer to shore, behind points or holes in river.  7-16' a good start depending upon the spot.  Very good reports this week.  Have jigs up to 1.5 oz if in the main channel, lighter jigs in slack water.  Many personal best walleyes and sturgeon this week. Up at the NW Angle...  Walleyes in traditional fall spots.  Neck down areas, points and mouths of bays continue to hold good fish.  Jigging continues to be the go to method.  Big black crappie and jumbo perch bite happening also.  Traditional fall muskie bite continues strong, lots of fish boated.  
    • Hookmaster
      Anyone ever find one that works? My truck topper light wiring got corroded from the salt spray coming in during the winter.
    • SkunkedAgain
      Fished zero hours this weekend, but did get the dock raised and took care of a bunch of other projects. Snow shovels are out for my next trip! I'm hoping to find open water in November for a final trip, but know that it's not likely!
    • Fish Head
      I had similar experience to everyone else. I found my hook up percentage was a little better with jig and pike suckers then rigs and light northern. Lots of skinned minnows. Even if I give them a long time they wouldn’t have the whole minnow in their mouth. Most fish in 28-30, but did real well in 40' hole also. Lots of husky eaters and a fat 26. not many small fish. It’s been a great fall.