• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

The 2015 walleye fishing opener is in the books. Warm weather would have been nice, but I will take good fishing over nice weather any day! Good fishing was reported in all our boats. The charters set up in the 18-24 foot range. Chartreuse or gold jigs in a 3/8 oz size had the best action. The fishing wasn’t fast and furious but overall very steady. Many slot fish, some of the smaller than keeper sizes and a few in the 28″ range were all netted and released. When the day was done most people had enough fish for a limit and some great stories to tell.

We also had a boat fish for northern, and they landed many nice fish on Saturday. They were pulling Rapalas at about 8-10 foot depths from the resort area all the way up to the church.

It looks like we are expected to get rain during this week. But the weekend is shaping up to be beautiful. A high of 67 on Friday and 72 on Saturday and Sunday. We have cabins and charters available. So click over to our cabins page for more info.

LADIES – Don’t forget to register for the 3rd annual Girls Gone Fishing tournament. Registration includes a t-shirt, cash prizes, door prize tickets, our famous fish fry, and DJ music Saturday evening! GUYS – What a great way to get your women out fishing!  Click here for more info

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Which backwater lakes are the most fruitful in pool 2 of the Mississippi River? Referring to primarily either Pig's Eye, Pickerel, or something similar and nearby. Preferably for walleye but I also enjoy getting after bass and pike. Thanks for sharing experience. As specific as you can get would be great, because it's often difficult to find current information that isn't from 2010!
    • elrodphil
      By elrodphil
      Hello, 
      I am a Georgia angler who needs help from you guys who are experts at controlled depth trolling. My wife and I just finished a trip to some lakes in North Carolina. My wife and I just finished a trip to some mountain lakes in North Carolina. We are used to bass fishing and the weather was really hot. We tried every technique, including vertical jigging on deep structure and points, but we had absolutely no luck. We were kind of isolated in a cabin with no cell service. When we went to town I happen to run into one of the game wardens and I ask him about fishing. He said that the way to catch fish when it’s really hot is through fishing with Dipsy divers. I watched a few videos about this technique and I wondered if you guys could give me some adviceI on how to get started. I have a 16 foot bass tracker boat with a mercury two stroke 50. Any advice would be really helpful including gear such as rods, reels, line sizes and sonar options. What features do I need to help me be successful? Also does anyone know of a good guide that would teaches these techniques? Thank you and good fission!
    • Duckhunter1941
      By Duckhunter1941
      I was wondering if anyone has ever fished walnut or south walnut lake/ the blue earth river area? I see the dnr stocks walleye about every other year but I never hear of anyone fishing it 
    • DavidA
      By DavidA
      I’ll be on Birch Lake - Ely - in late July. Anyone familiar with good spots? 
    • Coloradokid55
      By Coloradokid55
      Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.
    • Joe
      By Joe
      The Leech Lake walleyes are on the move and our guides have been chasing them! With a recent fly hatch and some heat moving in this week has been a grind but we are still finding limits. A few keys to putting fish in the boat have been the location, the presentation and the wind.

Most of our fish have been on Sucker bay and the main lake. Duck point, Ottertail point and Stoney point have all been good and putting out fish. We have been focusing on the 11-14 feet of water and covering ground has been important. Both Duck and Ottertail points have nice break lines that top out around 8 and bottom at 20, which, is what we have been focusing on. Try to run your boat along the break line and make note of where the fish tend to be. If they are on the top of the break fish there and likewise for the deeper water.

Our presentation of choice, when the wind allows it, has been bottom bouncers with spinners. Gold, pink and white, and green have all been getting the Leech Lake walleye guide fish in the boat. Try to run these at 1.3-1.8 mph with just enough line out to “bounce off the bottom.”

The wind has been a nice advantage the past few days. Use the wind to push your boat along the desired path for a nice easy drift. As stated above the places we have been focusing on are actually in the same area but with different layouts. this allows you to make sure you are fishing in the waves and not in flat calm water. As you may know, leech is very clear so on a flat calm and sunny day it can be tough. Find the waves and find the action.

We do still have some openings for July yet. Give us a call to see what we have open. https://leechlakeguideservice.com

Dennis Carlson with his Biggest walleye 27 inches. Caught on a green spinner rig
    • Bmiller1981
      By Bmiller1981
      Hey everyone,
      Normally I don’t ask for help but I’ve been skunked last three summers on Side lake / Sturgeon Lake Chain for walleye.  I’ve spent most time on Big Sturgeon and Side for eyes but have come up short. I’m heading up for a long weekend and hoping to change my luck with some advice.  I’d appreciate anything as it’s been a grind... thanks !!
    • Dadman2017
      By Dadman2017
      Headed up to Duluth area tomorrow, want to wet a line. No boat. Anyone wanna share a bite?  Will traverse any country for some filets!!!
    • Chill62
      By Chill62
      Wow did the walleye bite turn on!!!! Edges of the weeds pulling a plain Lindy with a leech was the ticket. shortened to 4 foot to keep leech from weeds helped. This fish measured 30.0 on a FM Walleyes Unlimited board. Girlfriend didn't want to mount it so after a while we got it revived and it took off for the weeds. Best part this lake isn't even managed for walleyes!

• iStryka
      By iStryka
      I live in the keewaydin 55417 area and the family craves fishing, a lot of the lakes around the area are a bit high pressured it seems as we've been out as far as Lake Elmo, Clear Lake, Vadnais and Lake Peltier but to no avail ( 2-3 hours of fishing with only 1 catch on some days ) on sport fishes. Is there a creek/river/backwater that's accessable for shoreline fishing that's got good fights? I'm down for kayaking too since we have a Jackson Tuna and a F&S Shadowcaster but we don't have an anchor so river kayaking is a no go ( I'm a fairly large lazy dude ) for me.

Our next target area would be Cannon River south 30 minutes of us.

Happy Fishes everyone
      - Charlie
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• BigVTim
      Nice work gents! Looks like the back-end of summer bite is heating up. Love this time of year as we head into Sept. How is the water level with all the storms passing through? Has looked rainy lately. Last I was up was early July after that 8" rain storm and the levels were back up to normal after being low in June.
    • cgreene
      Good luck fishing! Im also fond of fly fishing. I find it easier to fish when you have the best fly fishing rods. If youre looking to upgrade your rod, you can check here.
    • BrianF
      Seven specie day today.  Live bait not required!  Couple of things of note...   I caught eight nice crappies this morning on a deep rock reef, along with a bunch of plump gills. Seems odd, but I’ll take it.  This afternoon, I targeted ciscos and whitefish out over the basin. Success!  Was happy since I now know whitefish can be targeted year round, not just thru the ice.  I also enjoyed the challenge of a different species that not many folks know about.  Was a unique and fun experience.  By the way, everything I caught was immediately released.   
    • Better Than Working!
      Congratulations on your retirement bfisherman11! I hope you enjoy every moment of it!
    • bfisherman11
      Our week (7/25-8/1) wasn't greatly productive fish wise but I could never really get a pattern to work. I usually use a lindy rig with a half crawler. When we did try jig/minnow not much either. The start of the week the wind was tough to hold on a spot. Later we had no wind and high temps. I marked some surface temps that were like 78 deg, that's pretty warm.   I went down to Brule narrows one day, never been before. Picked a reef and caught a 19" eye pretty quick and then boat control got to be an issue.   Might try a week in Sept once I am retired (Friday is my last day) but I sure miss the ability to fish north of the border.   Bill 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Thanks Jim. I value all opinions, because I really don't want to spend the cash on a subpar product that makes my life worse!
    • moderation
      What is the best time of year for brookies. I've tried spring but waters too cold, summer, bugs bad but fishing good. Never tried fall but I am think that might be the ticket. Usually use worms but sometimes spinner. Is there a special trick to keep the chubs away? Lots of them in my creek.
    • delcecchi
      I believe the facility at Ash River is still operating... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOvA https://novaexperiment.fnal.gov/
    • jim curlee
      Good luck with your toilet. LOL Let me know how it works after a weekend when the kids and grandkids are there using it? Not sure how the Biolet works, we had a top of the line Sun Mar. There is a tray in the bottom of the unit that is supposed to hold the extra urine that goes through the compost material. After a weekend with 5 females, and 3 males using it that tray would be full to overflowing. Wouldn't have been a problem if the girls would have cleaned it out. They didn't, I had to. The whole bottom of that unit would have an inch of urine in there, that is GROSS!   Oh yea, there's an overflow tube on the Sun Mar. This would fill up with the fine compost material, and plug up, now where do you think the overflow goes? And yes, I had 2 fans in my exhaust pipe, no it didn't help it dry out any faster, but they did help keep the smell down. The only thing I can say about ours is that there are plenty of people out there that wanted to buy it when we were done using it. They do keep a good value, especially up here. If I was you I'd check out more than one brand, and one user. I'm guessin if you posted a question on facebook, you might get a variety of user opinions. We hated ours, maybe you'll love yours. I'll just leave this topic alone, and wish you good luck. lol Jim            
    • SkunkedAgain
      We might as well re-title this thread "Interesting Things To Learn On Vermilion." Thanks for enlightening me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.